Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
182 posts
728 battles

What actually are we doing in the modern game.

Maps are the same seem very stale.

Pushing HE i hate he.

Radar..............

What actually is the fun in wows now?

Do we have fun or is it all an illusion and we play to pretend to have fun?

Unsure?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
657
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles

If you're not having fun, by all means take a break.  It really is that simple.  Games are supposed to be enjoyable.  

Just keep in mind that just because it's not fun for you at this time, doesn't mean that other people aren't having fun.  

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
182 posts
728 battles
2 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

If you're not having fun, by all means take a break.  It really is that simple.  Games are supposed to be enjoyable.  

Just keep in mind that just because it's not fun for you at this time, doesn't mean that other people aren't having fun.  

Do you have fun on maps from the stone age? all the he spam and fires?

Radar that can spot you from pluto?

Are you having fun?

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[WOLF2]
Members
892 posts
7,263 battles

Not sure if you play golf.    To me, my golf game is like WOWS.

You've got your drive, approach, short game, and putting.     NEVER have I golfed and all four criteria are on all cylinders.   Something is always wonky.     I'll drive great, approach great, chip great, but can't putt to save my score.    The next game, I can't pay to have my ball hit the fairway on my drive.

But, I don't stop playing because I can't get all of my shots true.     I adjust and work on the deficiency.

Same with WOWS.    While a very easy game to play, mastering all of the various criteria (positioning, angling, aiming, anticipating the enemy, and repositioning) is not quite as easy.     As such, much of my gameplay may be on-target, but I usually have something that needs improvement.  

I've been subject to the same radar and HE spam.    It can fit into to one of those criteria - mainly positioning.    Am I in a spot where a cruiser can hide and spam?    Can I reposition?   Can I delete him with a salvo?    Can I move away from his island waifu and remember not to get in such a position the next round?    Once you start keying in on those "errant shots", you can then retool your approach, and use it for future matches.   After the adjustment, the HE spam isn't so threatening anymore.

However, given the golf analogy, my aim will be off, and I'll need to tweak that.     It'll always be a work-in-progress.

Good luck and have fun!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles

Steaming around in big ships blasting away with massive guns. That will always be fun for me.

its fun GIF
 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
182 posts
728 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Steaming around in big ships blasting away with massive guns. That will always be fun for me.

its fun GIF
 

As long as your happy then thats very cool indeed :D .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
657
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
5 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

Do you have fun on maps from the stone age? all the he spam and fires?

Radar that can spot you from pluto?

Are you having fun?

The HE doesn't bother me.  You can set your captain up so you can laugh at fire, and kite the cruisers away where you can turn on them and sink them.

Radar is something else to think your way around.

I'm having fun. If I wasn't, I wouldn't play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
182 posts
728 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

The HE doesn't bother me.  You can set your captain up so you can laugh at fire, and kite the cruisers away where you can turn on them and sink them.

Radar is something else to think your way around.

I'm having fun. If I wasn't, I wouldn't play.

 

Well as long as you are happy and having fun thats awesome :D .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles
3 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

As long as your happy then thats very cool indeed :D .

It is easy to get bogged down in the progression or your stats,maybe events , ranked etc...

It is important every now and then to just drop tier and play some of your favorite ships and ignore the battle results but just stay present in your own game play.

Keep the fun alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
657
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
4 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

Well as long as you are happy and having fun thats awesome :D .

However, I have taken a break or two from the game.  I also always play two or three games off and on all the time.  I stopped playing just one game at a time probably 7 or 8 years ago.

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[GOOF]
Members
28 posts
3,425 battles

This game would benefit from WGnot listening to everyone crying for buffs and nerfs.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
657
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
2 minutes ago, grorg said:

This game would benefit from WGnot listening to everyone crying for buffs and nerfs.

They really don't listen to that part.  They look at statistics for most buffs/nerfs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[PVE]
Members
9,769 posts
7,478 battles
1 hour ago, francesabyss said:

Might buy a new ship cheer myself up whats the gascoigne like?

LWM has a review.

 

I got it for the pewpew fun in co-op and Ops. I took it into PvP by accident once and did well. It has one forward and one after turret like the Graf Spee. The secondaries fire to over 10km. I only have an 11pt captain, so I have a way to go for the manly build. :)

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,725
Members
18,251 posts
5,220 battles
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

The HE doesn't bother me.  You can set your captain up so you can laugh at fire, and kite the cruisers away where you can turn on them and sink them.

TBH, it's not always that simple. You get a couple island huggers focussing on you, you can't kite them, they won't chase you, just their shells. Then you're just running away, and while that may save your ship, it doesn't necessarily help the match.

Not complaining, but regardless of your setup or how well you play, at some point you will burn horribly, due to a bad set of circumstances, and if you get a few of those in a row, it can be pretty demoralising, especially if you don't keep in mind that it doesn't really happen every match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,914
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,849 posts
13,067 battles

Playing across the tiers and the ship types, and even country types within the type..and even sub types within the type types.  Lots of play variety.  It never gets stale for me because of this very wide variety.  I'm a BB main, but I have my collection of CAs and DDs I'll jump in for a diversion.  And I even have variety in BBs; the Mikasa at T2 is a nice change now and then.  Slow bulky Texas versus the nimble Kongo sniper.  The KGV 14 inch AP/HE DPM odyssey (I actually use AP a lot more than HE on this ship), or the Colorado 16 inch puncher.  GK brawler...or Yamato bruiser.  And soooo many more.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
160 posts
12,544 battles

To me, it's fun playing "underpowered" ships from time to time. Challenge yourself to play differently than usual can make you find solutions to improving you skills and have fun solving problems with quick thinking.

There are times when your heart beats faster and faster as you approach a BB and slam 6 torps into his side at point blank range while playing as a Fubuki. Try not to see winning as the only fun you can have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
646 posts
7,043 battles
2 hours ago, francesabyss said:

What actually are we doing in the modern game.

Maps are the same seem very stale.

Pushing HE i hate he.

Radar..............

What actually is the fun in wows now?

Do we have fun or is it all an illusion and we play to pretend to have fun?

Unsure?

I think you messed your haiku up, or is it your feng shui.............

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
182 posts
728 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Playing across the tiers and the ship types, and even country types within the type..and even sub types within the type types.  Lots of play variety.  It never gets stale for me because of this very wide variety.  I'm a BB main, but I have my collection of CAs and DDs I'll jump in for a diversion.  And I even have variety in BBs; the Mikasa at T2 is a nice change now and then.  Slow bulky Texas versus the nimble Kongo sniper.  The KGV 14 inch AP/HE DPM odyssey (I actually use AP a lot more than HE on this ship), or the Colorado 16 inch puncher.  GK brawler...or Yamato bruiser.  And soooo many more.

Have you tried the southern dragon captain in your mikasa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
182 posts
728 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

LWM has a review.

 

I got it for the pewpew fun in co-op and Ops. I took it into PvP by accident once and did well. It has one forward and one after turret like the Graf Spee. The secondaries fire to over 10km. I only have an 11pt captain, so I have a way to go for the manly build. :)

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
867
[ICE9]
Members
836 posts
5 hours ago, francesabyss said:

What actually are we doing in the modern game.

Maps are the same seem very stale.

Pushing HE i hate he.

Radar..............

What actually is the fun in wows now?

Do we have fun or is it all an illusion and we play to pretend to have fun?

Unsure?

Define "fun". You can't. It's subjective.

Is the potato who totally  enjoys driving an Erie around T1 Co-op going "pew! pew!" having less fun than the ace Yamato driver parked bow-on in square A1 who only wakes up twice a minute to shoot? Dis gustibus non est disputandum as the Romans would say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,555 battles
5 hours ago, francesabyss said:

Do you have fun on maps from the stone age? all the he spam and fires?

Radar that can spot you from pluto?

Are you having fun?

though not directed at me, I shall answer anyway: YES. As a DD main, Radar doesn't bother me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
247
[TDRB]
Members
1,113 posts
4,238 battles
5 hours ago, francesabyss said:

What actually are we doing in the modern game.

Maps are the same seem very stale.

Pushing HE i hate he.

Radar..............

What actually is the fun in wows now?

Do we have fun or is it all an illusion and we play to pretend to have fun?

Unsure?

I have fun, especially when my son and friends share a few matches with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
409
[WOLFB]
Members
1,732 posts
8,284 battles

Who doesn't like burning down a BB and see him complain in chat about how fire are broken because he don't know what positionning and consumable management is.

 

The only thing that remove all kind of fun this game are is the player. The playerbase is bad, the game itself is fun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,982 posts
15,712 battles

I took an almost 6 month break and it worked wonders I no longer feel so burnt out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×