You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skillztowin

POLL - Deal Or No Deal - Kobayashi Combo Pack

POLL - Deal Or No Deal - Kobayashi Combo Pack   

87 members have voted

1. 1. Deal Or No Deal - would you buy the Kobayashi 3 ship Combo Pack?

• Deal
    • No Deal
    • Bacon

33 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
275 posts
4,348 battles

I am on the expensive fence. I want to know what the community thinks.  i do not have any of the three ships and passed on them when they were on sale because they didn't come with the Camo.  However, here they are. on sale with the lucrative camo.. Is this a deal or not?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles

Bacon.  Your money, your call.

[NGA]
Members
1,285 posts
7,797 battles

Personally speaking, nope. I got the Kii and Ashitaka when both were discounted and now I just snapped up their Camos. Thank you wargaming for listening to my plea.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,187 posts
12,684 battles

It's a deal if you were going to get all three ships and camos anyways. Not if not. We can't look in your wallet, we can't tell you if it's a good deal for you or not.

• Cool 1

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,322 battles

Shrug, the lion’s head on the prow of Roma is what sold me back then.  But I like interesting camos and could care less so long as the detect/dispersion bonuses are there.

As for gameplay, Roma is probably the more valuable due to the nation having less available premiums for training.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles
17 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Can you buy the Kii camo separate?

Yes.  On the store right now.

• Cool 1

Members
182 posts
728 battles

I would spend my cash on bacon and some mega fresh bread rolls and brown sauce from wegmans english import isle.

I have the roma its awful just like a worse hood.

[BBICT]
Members
3,366 posts
3,561 battles

Well, interesting deal overall. To rich for this lowborn knight, but that is besides the point. 

If you plan to play them a bunch, and you have the $$$$ I say go for it. I'd be most interested in the Roma, as I don't have any Italian ships yet... My great grandfather served in the Italian navy during WWII, dying in a submarine. Hey would have seen the Roma in real life, which I think is pretty cool...even if she didn't have Kobayashi camo yet, LOL.. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,340 posts
14,832 battles
51 minutes ago, Vettish said:

Did Ashitaka ever get Amagi's AP?

Yes, it's a terror now at T7.

Members
1,457 posts
12,292 battles

I have all three, and the camo for just the Roma ( bought it for doubloons during the get back doubloons when you spend them weekend, so at a discount).  All three are fun ships, can share my 19 point IJN BB captain with the two.  Kii and Ash are profitable without the camo in terms of credits, but Kob camo will add more.  Worth is such a personal term,  can be good captain trainers (though limited at this point on Italian lines), can be really good credit earners and they are all pretty fun depending on MM.  

Edited by Panzer1113

Members
239 posts

if you want your boat to look like a weakling, buy these.  take them down to your next knitting class with you as well.  

• Funny 2

[VFW]
Beta Testers
50 posts
2,396 battles

I am really thinking hard on the Ashitaka, being tier 7. The other two I want but tier 8 MM is so bad right now. Just finished my Baltimore grind and man, it was painful. Awesome ship, not so much when facing tens more than half the battles.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles
42 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

landslide no so far. 

unexpected. 

Really, only you know what your taste in camos is.  As far as  your wallet, keep this rule of thumb in mind: don't spend money on a game if you can't afford to otherwise light that cash on fire.

• Cool 1

Members
1,063 posts
5,937 battles
25 minutes ago, Sensai_Lawrence said:

if you want your boat to look like a weakling, buy these.  take them down to your next knitting class with you as well.  

Come to think of it, the Roma camo could win an ugly sweater contest.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,189 battles
26 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

As far as  your wallet, keep this rule of thumb in mind: don't spend money on a game if you can't afford to otherwise light that cash on fire.

Probably the most valuable rule with regard to premium content in the entire game.

If I were willing to spend that sort of money on those particular ships and camo, which I am not, I would be bearing in mind the combination of flags and/or camo that would be required to halve my service costs (or increase my earnings by a similar amount) and double my XP, work out the cost in doubloons per flag per battle, and divide 7000 by that. If this approaches the number of games you'd play in the ship, it's probably worth the money to never have to mount them again.

Members
109 posts
2,422 battles

It's an easy no from me.

Very expensive, don't care for the aesthetics, and the three ships are all mehbotes.

[-TKS-]
Members
297 posts
5,905 battles

i dont have any of those ships and only think i really want the roma really. I can afford it but thats just seems like to much money for pixel dust.  Im way under my $1 per hour played this year so i could find a reason to purchase . . .

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

Absolutely not.  It's hideous.  The bonuses can pound sand.

[DAKI]
Members
185 posts
7,324 battles

I have all three and I like Ashitaka the most

Her buffed AP and T7MM make her quite powerful

• Cool 1

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,970 posts
15,568 battles

Not at those prices I am a poor boi 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,390 posts
2,377 battles

For $200 ??  Not even if they threw in a customized beer can. 

Oh..  I see they did.  Still...

• Funny 1