You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Turns Out Roma Isn't the Only Ship That Gets Altered By It's Koyabashi Camo

13 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,285 posts
7,797 battles

Admittedly the difference is a lot more subtle for the Kii, but it's still there. If you're not seeing it, look to the top of the foremast.

5bb785e806d49_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.47a3c9d811b2378594548e8a70793621.png5bb785efca6d5_Screenshot(18).thumb.png.6f757c5deeb9b7446ffad6d58c7af772.png

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,266 posts
9,841 battles

A range-finder that can get the range down to the centimeter?

[RKN]
Beta Testers
991 posts
8,986 battles

I wish there was an option to turn off the model modification but still keep the paint for all the new camos that change superstructure. I’m sure if you could turn off the beer can more people would have bought Roma’s Koby camo. I would find the Chrysler building US cruiser and French guild ornament camos much more visually pleasing if you could switch them to just paint.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Members
1,285 posts
7,797 battles
1 minute ago, SavageTactical said:

I wish there was an option to turn off the model modification but still keep the paint for all the new camos that change superstructure. I’m sure if you could turn off the beer can more people would have bought Roma’s Koby camo. I would find the Chrysler building US cruiser and French guild ornament camos much more visually pleasing if you could switch them to just paint.

There's at least one mod that I know of which knocks off the beer can (though personally I think it looks like an especially fancy church candle) and I'm pretty sure it's made the rounds frequently enough for everyone to have it if they want it.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,189 battles

Which is more important? Form? Or function? You decide. If the Roma dropped out of a crate with the beer can proudly mounted thereon, no way I'd pass that up.

[NGA]
Members
1,285 posts
7,797 battles
38 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Which is more important? Form? Or function? You decide. If the Roma dropped out of a crate with the beer can proudly mounted thereon, no way I'd pass that up.

I don't think that'll ever happen. The MK Camo is an add-on to the standard premium ship so I wouldn't hold my breath.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,189 battles
1 minute ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I don't think that'll ever happen. The MK Camo is an add-on to the standard premium ship so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm sure it wouldn't; I'm just trying to make a philosophical point. 

Members
1,063 posts
5,937 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

A range-finder that can get the range down to the centimeter?

Nope.

Handlebars - it doubles as Paul Bunyan's jet-ski.

• Funny 1

Members
1,063 posts
5,937 battles
58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'd play the ship and ditch the camo.

If my dog's face looked like that camo, I'd shave it's butt and teach it to walk backwards.

[LHG]
Members
1,644 posts
4,917 battles
1 hour ago, SavageTactical said:

^THIS!!!! 

Ok, so the Kii has wings now.  Not as noticeable as the beer can and yes I like the Roma but there is no way I'd even consider the beer can cammo.  I also had zero incentive to earn or buy Cleveland's "Big Bird with its Butt smashed into the Bridge" cammo or some of the other add in cammos for other ships.  I don't detest those quite as much as Roma's beer can, but that's only in a matter or degree. 

Cammo's that are just paint jobs I don't mind for the most part but ones which actually change the ship itself ... no thank you.  

But I guess enough people like them, after all, WG keeps paying people to design the awful things so they much think they are making money out of the deal.  

[LHG]
Members
1,644 posts
4,917 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I wouldn't pass up the Roma, but I'd definitely deselect the beer can and mount something ... anything else. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel