Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pyantoryng

I went for it...

26 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,555 battles

4ao5zJJ.jpg

To keep going towards Yamato or collect all the boni from the neon ships...I guess the options are there, I suppose...

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles

I assume your dilemma is whether to pour game time into Izumo ship XP or Yamamoto-derived elite captain XP from first-win bonuses as you rotate him through the ARP ships (are those Japanese premiums from the captain POV?).

It all depends on your priorities, I guess - how badly do you want the Yamato? Remember that once you've ground her out you'll have to pay for her and all her modules, and I think the earnings for first-win bonuses are quite healthy and the tiers at which you play the ARP ships are not exorbitant of cost.

I am not exactly drowning in credits right now, and I would be tempted to farm captain XP in low-tier games to build up my cash reserves. Your situation may be different. If ship XP is your limiting factor, it might pay to leave him where he is.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[INTEL]
Members
6,658 posts
25,685 battles

I am not a fan of Yamato so I did the painful grind of Izumo very slowly. Eventually I got through to itr (long ago) and sold it. Have Yamato. Good guns but far from my favorite. I much rather take République or Montana than Yamato.

Edited by alexf24

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles
18 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

so I did the painflu grind

I imagine you meant "painful", but full-blown influenza is not pleasant to have and your typo still comes across as meaning much the same thing - though ironically perhaps saying it even better! :Smile_teethhappy:

[FGNE]
Members
432 posts
728 battles

I love my yammy.  Average 106k per game in it.  2k base exp average.  The thing is a beast.  I absolutely destroy broadside CAs from 26k.

[H_]
Members
780 posts

I wanted all of the IJN lines to tier 10.  Managed the DD and cruiser lines and I'm stuck at the Amagi.....  I have two 19 point CPT's and a one so close 18 and credits or eXP aren't the issue.....  I'm not sure the Yammy is worth the money or the grind in time....  The Amagi and Iz are a technical and tactical mess and so very  difficult to grind......    They are non-value added to anyone I know playing this game and a prime reason to spend real money versus grinding......  So, bravo to WG for a way to avoid all grinding but, what a horrible mess for the players who don't have the cash up front to avoid the grind....

In fact, since the IJN is WG's "disliked step child" and there is no Radar allowed, I think I may have wasted several months of effort in WoWs.  Without radar, the IJN is dependent on everyone else.  IJN DD's had radar in reality and the US took their tech and used it after WW2!!!   

I'm at that point where I've got to ask the same questions.....  Is the IJN track even worth doing???

[WOLFB]
Members
2,684 posts
5,032 battles

I Free XP past their 8 and 9 to get the Yammy I do not regret that choice at all. :Smile_hiding:

[SF-3]
Members
1,502 posts
8,101 battles

Izumo isn't that bad, its mostly about positioning. Also, the Izumo helps you prepare for the Yammy game play, considering how different those 2 ships are from the rest of the line. With the recent Izumo buffs I would recommend playing through it, preferably in a div, you will be much better prepared for Yammy playstyle.

[TOM]
Members
14 posts
9,063 battles

Use to love playing Yamato but now with all the changes with T10 BB's, I play more Republique than Yamato. You can easily hit Yamatos citadel brawling.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,815 battles

Well you have 20 million credits now and fully equipping the Yamato may cost close to 30 million credits of course you could always sell the Izumo if you're not ever gonna touch her again after the grind so up to what your sanity level can tolerate.

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I imagine you meant "painful", but full-blown influenza is not pleasant to have...

No, but I've always liked the weak kind that let you stay home from work/school for a couple days and play video games/watch movies.

Only downside is the emergency trips to the head. (best to play something pausable lol)

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

(best to play something pausable lol)

Imodium is your friend.

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

I'm getting close to just fxp'ing the Tier 10 ships I want...even paying real money to do it.  You and I had at least one game together today....so you know why...the only thing worse than being on a shite team, is being bottom tier on a shite team.  

[NSC]
Members
130 posts
5,213 battles

I must be one of the few who loved the Izumo....

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Imodium is your friend.

I wouldn't use that unless I was certain the diarrhea was just from Taco Bell or too many beers the night before.

I want to evict as many of my little virus buddies as quickly as possible lol.

Guess I could just hang a monitor on the bathroom wall, and bring the PC in there......

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
3 hours ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I Free XP past their 8 and 9 to get the Yammy I do not regret that choice at all. :Smile_hiding:

You free XPed past (assuming Yamato is best IJN BB) the 2nd best IJN BB before FXPing past Izumo?????

Burn the heretic!!!!!

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

...I'm stuck at the Amagi..... 

One may refuse to leave her intoxicating embrace, but one does not become "stuck" at the Amagi. 

3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

The Amagi....   ..... so very  difficult to grind......   

:cap_wander::cap_viking:

Beta Testers
495 posts
6,482 battles

Izumo, for me, was like performing surgery with a cheap plastic butter knife.  Wholly painful and unnecessary.  After a bit of beating myself with this ship, I bit the bullet and FXP past her.  Yammy is a great ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles
10 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

One may refuse to leave her intoxicating embrace, but one does not become "stuck" at the Amagi. 

:Smile_teethhappy:

If only Tier IV ships could be in events, I might never leave my Ishizuchi (baby proto-Amagi). That ship is FUN!

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If only Tier IV ships could be in events, I might never leave my Ishizuchi (baby proto-Amagi). That ship is FUN!

I keep meaning to pick that one up, just for fun.

[-WPG-]
Members
799 posts
3,334 battles
2 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

TWell you have 20 million credits now and fully equipping the Yamato may cost close to 30 million credits of course you could always sell the Izumo if you're not ever gonna touch her again after the grind so up to what your sanity level can tolerate.

It's more like $7M to mount the modules, but that's moot because be has more than enough doubloons to move them from the Izumo to the Yamato. If he wants to keep the former, he can buy them for that ship later. 

[HEROS]
Members
1,426 posts
11,973 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The Ichi scratchi is amazing awesome fun. I've had bad matches in here, but overall, even uptiered she does the job.  She does have turtle back armor though its not very thick.  She got a good speed even if it take here awhile to work up to her 28 knots.. and the guns may only be 12" but she has 10 of the wee beasties.  She can be driven very aggressively.   Her secondaries will chew up DD's that get to close.   Damd shame there aren't some other tier IV and V battle cruisers for her to compete with.   Could use a tier IV Kongo (the old A hull! a tad slower with much thinner armor.. her original "battlecruiser" configuration.  

I've always hoped that the devs would do more of the early pre WW-II ships so have a full house representation of the early dreadnaughts and battlecruisers so we might actually be able to do a battle of Dogger Bank or Jutland.  or even a between the wars "Case Blue" 

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
780 posts
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

:cap_wander::cap_viking:

Oh, I beg to differ ~~~~!!!

I'd rather sit on a porcupine than play that ship.  I'm 30K into that, that...that, whatever expletive you want to use for that ship.....  There is Zero way I'll finish grinding it.....and, then have to do the same thing all over again!!!  NFW.  A trash barge, being towed by a Bass boat has more appeal that wasting hours of time missing everything it shoots at.    Yes, I have watched every video !  Yes, I have read and re-read every post.  Yes, I have taken advice in-game to help the effort and yet, I can not make that ship function.  I call no joy and have stopped the IJN grind.  I'll buy my way around if I stay in the game.  

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I keep meaning to pick that one up, just for fun.

I got mine in the first of the Steam sales this year, which was coincident with the half-price camo deal. It was stupidly cheap and came with a pair of Yamamoto crates and some flags on top of the stupidly cheap price. Practically a giveaway. The half-price special on the camo was enough to break my resolve to stay free-to-play and the ships sealed the deal.

[VW]
Members
1,932 posts
12,495 battles

I ground a lot of izmo and really enjoyed it. Played her like a dunk. I free xpd for the first tier 10 rank season, played pretty much only yammy in ranked since. Use 19 pt yamo to get xp i. All the arp kongo/myokos/ kamie/tachi/katori/shinonononononono

Sign in to follow this