You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
verkhne

RN DD mission prem container

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
256 posts
5,937 battles

The RN tier7plus mission for the final directive this week yields two RN containers. Previously it was a RN premium container! I wonder why it has changed?

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,237 battles

I am all caught up and got a T5 mission, out of 35 containers

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,461 battles
39 minutes ago, verkhne said:

The RN tier7plus mission for the final directive this week yields two RN containers. Previously it was a RN premium container! I wonder why it has changed?

I don't know. But it means that you get 10 Sovereigns instead of 15 Sovereigns. Two Rare chances at a early access mission drop instead of one rare chance.

[RST]
Members
332 posts
6,856 battles

Seems like several changes have snuck into the event, although without tracking ir could be I'm not recalling it accurately.  My hunch is that the RN event as originally laid out was more lucrative than intended?

For example, I was at one point understanding that we'd be getting the chance to earn 480 sovereigns and that containers would be earned through 7.10...then later it was noted that instead Halloween containers would come in 7.10 thus losing RN containers and their chance at sovereigns.  Not sure if it was poorly communicated on roll-out (after all, the timing for Halloween makes sense and it is an annual thing for them), or an intentional change to cut the number of sovereigns that could be earned.  For me it is an impact because if you have the Warspite or Gallant you essentially can earn doubloons in game via purchase of these ships through sovereigns.  If the RN event continued through 7.10 then you could get 11,000 doubloons in game in exchange for 420 sovereigns earned in game...pretty decent.  Now it will be one or the other (Warspite or Gallant) unless you purchase crates.

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,461 battles
1 minute ago, groomsiebelle said:

Seems like several changes have snuck into the event, although without tracking ir could be I'm not recalling it accurately.  My hunch is that the RN event as originally laid out was more lucrative than intended?

For example, I was at one point understanding that we'd be getting the chance to earn 480 sovereigns and that containers would be earned through 7.10...then later it was noted that instead Halloween containers would come in 7.10 thus losing RN containers and their chance at sovereigns.  Not sure if it was poorly communicated on roll-out (after all, the timing for Halloween makes sense and it is an annual thing for them), or an intentional change to cut the number of sovereigns that could be earned.  For me it is an impact because if you have the Warspite or Gallant you essentially can earn doubloons in game via purchase of these ships through sovereigns.  If the RN event continued through 7.10 then you could get 11,000 doubloons in game in exchange for 420 sovereigns earned in game...pretty decent.  Now it will be one or the other (Warspite or Gallant) unless you purchase crates.

The intention was evidentky to have Sovereigns earned in 7.9 and the UK Arsenal stay until 7.11. It was poorly worded and when clarification on the UK Arsenal was received, it was implied that Sovereigns would be earned until 7.11 as well. That was not the case as seen in the Dev Bulletin last Wednesday. Hopefully all the misunderstandings are clarified now. But there are still some questions we don't know yet. Like what will be in the Halloween containers. Or what will replace the Halloween containers for patch 7.12.

[RST]
Members
332 posts
6,856 battles

All of it is fine, I'm not altering my purchases based on changes and thus it is simply free stuff.  I will admit I was excited at the prospect of earning 11,000 doubloons for sovereigns and now will have to settle for 6500.  Oh well.