Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA - Kobayashi Camo's For Kii, Roma, & Ashitaka Being Sold In Premium Shop Right Now

31 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,809 posts
10,590 battles

Just a heads up for anyone with one of these 3 ships who does not have the Kobayashi camo for it and has wanted it. They are being sold in the Premium Shop right now (shows available for 6 days). Not cheap but it is basically a T10 perma camo (ugly as heck but good benefits) for your T7 or T8 ship.

I didn't have it for Kii (had other 2) so took the opportunity to grab it. Might actually make me play it more as it will earn really well with this camo. Also, it does not appear that these are available in the port for doubloons either as I looked for Kii''s there 1st. Premium Shop only it appears.

As said, it is basically a T10 perma camo for these 3 ships. They all share the same benefits...

• -3% Detection Range (sea)
  • +4% Enemy Gun Dispersion
  • +20% Credits Earned
  • -50% Service Fee
  • +100% XP Earned

Ashitaka - $27.75 USD

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/8245/

Kii - $31.88 USD

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/8246/

Roma - $31.88 USD

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/8244/

Hope it helps.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

Yay! Now I can have a beer can! (NOT)

Besides being stupid and fugly, when the Roma gets on fire, (and it does), the beer gets hot. Can you imagine? Hot beer! Yuck!

I'll keep my Roma with the original camo. Ships looks good enough.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
248 posts
2,155 battles

Thanks for the heads up.  Got the Kii camo just to satisfy the completionist in me.  I might actually take it out for a drive a little bit more than the Mass now.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

I wish the large white characters on the Ashitaka's Kobayashi camo were the right way up. It looks off when compared to the smaller yellow/orange characters.

[VFW]
Beta Testers
50 posts
2,408 battles

Question: If you have the Roma without the beer can, then buy the camo, does the beer can appear on the normal Roma? 

[90THD]
Members
143 posts
3,741 battles

So how are the Kii + Ashiyaka ?

still as bad as LWM said originally ?

I would love teh Camos, but the ship it goes on must be playable

Ideas ?

Regards

JM

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,388 battles

kii is pretty good,can't say much about ashitaka because i hardly see  her.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

WAAAAAY, way, way out of my budget. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
3,824 battles

Roma's kobayashi camo has always been around in game for 7k doubloons.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,156 posts
10,144 battles

Ashitaka got some nice buffs to damage output, she is actually high on the WR charts now.

[LHG]
Members
1,650 posts
4,918 battles
1 hour ago, puxflacet said:

Hurry before they run out!

Hurry before everyone runs away!!!  

opps, sorry, must have misread the post.  

[LHG]
Members
1,650 posts
4,918 battles

I'd actually pay real money to get Roma's beer can cammo out of the game.  WG, if you want to make real money charge $39 if you want it, $50 if you don't and you'll be raking it in. :Smile_great:

[A_51]
Members
264 posts
13,026 battles

I've always thought the +100% experience with premium camo was a bit of a scam.  Additional experience on a premium ship is useless unless you convert it to free experience, so all WG is giving you is an opportunity to spend more money.  I would be much more impressed if WG gave us a camo that increased free experience earnings directly.

[SALVO]
Members
17,049 posts
17,674 battles
1 hour ago, Seaneroo said:

I've always thought the +100% experience with premium camo was a bit of a scam.  Additional experience on a premium ship is useless unless you convert it to free experience, so all WG is giving you is an opportunity to spend more money.  I would be much more impressed if WG gave us a camo that increased free experience earnings directly.

I once thought that way.  But the +100% XP also directly impacts the amount of Commander's XP and Free XP earned, since IIRC those things are based off how much XP you earned in a battle.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
264 posts
13,026 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I once thought that way.  But the +100% XP also directly impacts the amount of Commander's XP and Free XP earned, since IIRC those things are based off how much XP you earned in a battle.

Good point.  Still would love to see camo that give a direct free experience bonus, though.

[SALVO]
Members
17,049 posts
17,674 battles
2 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Good point.  Still would love to see camo that give a direct free experience bonus, though.

There are some.  But the reality is that a +100% XP bonus *does* give you +100% FXP (and +100% CO XP), since you increase the base from which those are calculated by 100%.  Changing a camo from being +100% XP to +100% FXP is actually making the camo less beneficial.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,241 posts
1,822 battles

$99.32?  I'll pass.  Missouri and Musashi will have to soldier on for me.

[A_51]
Members
264 posts
13,026 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

There are some.  But the reality is that a +100% XP bonus *does* give you +100% FXP (and +100% CO XP), since you increase the base from which those are calculated by 100%.  Changing a camo from being +100% XP to +100% FXP is actually making the camo less beneficial.

Interesting.  I never stopped to do the math.  Thanks.

[SALVO]
Members
17,049 posts
17,674 battles

Dang, I wish that the Ashitaka could have a "plain" paint job in that burnt maroon red that's the base of the Kobayashi camo.  I don't really like all the yellow and white diamonds and Japanese script.  But the burnt maroon red base paint job is gorgeous!

Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles

Just grabbed Kii and Ashitaka's camos in the separate camo bundles as I already have Roma's camo from before. Ashitaka looks the best for those highlighted characters, Kii just looks meh but not ugly like Roma's. Roma could use some dispersion buffs honestly. Kii is the solid performer out of the three Ashitaka still is on the weak side. If it had a spotter plane it would help her out a lot.

[STW-M]
[STW-M]
Members
123 posts
5,905 battles

I would like to see the commemorative flags offered, there are a few that I don't have. 

Though I dislike the actual camos offered, I do have them and do use them, love the -50% Service fee.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,520 battles

I sadly do not have the ships with which these camouflages apply to, nor the money to get the ships, let alone the camo. The Ship Collector in me is upset, but that's life for you, you don't always get what you want.

Sign in to follow this