Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bsbr

Should Yamato have her heal restored?

22 comments in this topic

Members
171 posts

Yamato has seen a lot of powercreep over the years. The new legendary mod is nice and all but I think unnerfing the heal can make the ship better rounded especially since it's only ship that still get punished with citadels. It got good guns but it pays with turret traverse, bad AA, huge citadel, bad concealment, slow speed. With all other BBs being so hard to citadel giving the old improve heal to Yamato bring it more in line with other T10 BBs?

• Funny 2
  • Bad 7

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,320 posts
6,603 battles

Given the Yamato‘s presence in Ranked and Clan Battles, especially among the top clans, I doubt that she needs any help at this point.

• Cool 1

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
136 posts
5,027 battles

Quite honestly, I can't argue this point. Sure she can be tanky bow in, but with the HE spam and every BB other be being damn near impossible to citadel save the Monty, I think it's warranted. Maybe not to the original level or at least having the same amount or heals, but she does need a bit more survivability if she wants to be any more than a 20km sniper

• Funny 2

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
564 posts
4,791 battles

It is powerful enough already, I do not see any reason to give it a buff.

• Cool 1

Members
171 posts

The problem is Yamato got so many things that make her uncomfortable to play. The turret traverse is extremely slow and legendary mod makes even slower. The speed and AA is also bad and Yamato turns much worse than real life too. Other T10 BBs like Montana saw big buffs so with Yamato being so vulnerable to citadels, having the old heal restored will being her more in line.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Members
171 posts

If people don't like buffing Yamato, can some other BBs get some nerfs to bring it in line with Yamato?

• Bad 3

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
564 posts
4,791 battles
2 minutes ago, bsbr said:

The problem is Yamato got so many things that make her uncomfortable to play. The turret traverse is extremely slow and legendary mod makes even slower. The speed and AA is also bad and Yamato turns much worse than real life too. Other T10 BBs like Montana saw big buffs so with Yamato being so vulnerable to citadels, having the old heal restored will being her more in line.

Those “uncomfortable” characteristics are trade-offs to her overwhelmingly powerful guns. The guns are the best in the game, there must be something to compensate.

Edited by mrmariokartguy
  • Cool 4

Members
171 posts
2 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

Those “uncomfortable” characteristics are trade-offs to her overwhelmingly powerful guns. The guns are the best in the game, there must be something to conpensate.

Yamato is LEAST versatile BB of all. There's not much Yamato do that other T10 BBs don't do better. All that overmatch don't mean much when people in Montana and Conqueror would rather give you their broadside than bow tank these days because citadels don't exist anymore

If people don't like buffing Yamato, can some other BBs get some nerfs to bring it in line with Yamato?

Edited by bsbr
  • Bad 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,854 posts
10,635 battles
4 minutes ago, bsbr said:

Yamato is LEAST versatile BB of all. There's not much Yamato do that other T10 BBs don't do better. All that overmatch don't mean much when people in Montana and Conqueror would rather give you their broadside than bow tank these days because citadels don't exist anymore

If you can't citadel a broadside Montana with a Yamato then the problem is most definitely user error. I  don't ever say that either. Montana is not hard to citadel and Yamato is the most accurate BB with the biggest meanest guns. Now Conqueror is a whole different story and needs some adjustment like all the BRN BB's with their citadels. But that has nothing to do with Yamato's ability to citadel ships as it does it better than any ship in the game. And, Montana's is the 2nd easiest of all the T10 BB's to citadel right behind Yamato (easiest). Putting Montana with Conqueror re: citadel difficulty is hilarious.

No offense intended. Just discussing.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

I'd agree with Admiral Thunder here, but I'd also agree with OP that something could be done to bring Yamato back up with the later BB's brought into the game.  I'd address the huge citadel though, maybe make it a bit smaller.  It is very easy to cit a Yamato, possibly the easiest at Tier 8-10.

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,059 battles

Doesn't need a heal when it always sits all the way in the back. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[90THS]
Members
125 posts
608 battles

Ah you. The infamous troll. 

Decided that people have probably forgotten about you, so you came out of the woodwork? 

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,258 posts
2,029 battles

She doesn't need much help. While her armor design makes it difficult to angle, she still has the option to bow in, while few other ships have the option to do so against her.

The lowering of citadels has affected Yamato the least of any BB, given she is more easily able to overmatch the splinter plating making these decks than other Battleships where they exist, and also her unique ability to overmatch 30-32mm armor, which allows her to citadel enemy BBs through the nose, negating the advantage of the lower citadel.

If Yamato is to receive buffs, it would have to come with a nerf - perhaps the best option would be to tone down her Krupp value to reduce her raw penetration, which is higher than it should be. Then, another area of the ship could be buffed.

[ADOPT]
Members
76 posts
2,291 battles

Took me over 300 battles in the yammy, but the better I get as a player the better she is.  Bow on, she is incredibly tanky.  You are near immune to every single bb in the game bow on, or even angled to get your rear guns on target, from 18+ km away.  Only people with freakish aim and a good rng roll have a shot at hitting your cheek citadel from that range. 

Her concealment is also good enough to disengage and pop up else where.  Her dispersion is awesome (most of the time), and within 18km you can pretty much one shot delete any cruiser, specially if they already lost a third of their health.  I've have deleted so many cruisers in arms race with 30k+ damage salvo, it is so satisfying.

From 13-18km, I show my broadside to cruisers to get the max guns on target.  Not many cruisers can cit you at that range, so you use your bow to tank bb and wipe cruisers off the face of the planet.

All bb have issue with HE spams and fire, but that is where positioning and map awareness comes into play:  never become the focus of 2 or more ships for extended duration, always shoot at cruisers that are distracted so they can't dodge, etc.  The better you get at this, the scarier the yammy becomes.

• Cool 2

[O7]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,398 posts
7,363 battles

maximum overheal

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
4,275 posts
7,864 battles

If Yamato were to get that super heal back, it'd likely get the same 180s/120s reload the Conqueror has on its superheal rather than 120s/80s like other BBs.

I don't think Yamato deserves any buffs, I play it a lot and it's so strong already. But if it was a quality of life thing, maybe they could give it the Massachussets and Gascogne lower CD heal in exchange for one of the heal charges. That'd still be somewhat fair.

[ZR]
Members
5 posts
11,484 battles

Yeah definitely needs superheal. in fact all of TX BBs should have superheal to compensate HE spams. i mean RN BB, Hindenburg, Henri with main battery reload booster, Wooster and don't forget the Harugumo. I think it's a good idea so they can tank more for the team.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,849 posts
1,332 battles

Ah, bsbr thread.  He has no idea of 'fair' or 'equal'  All he can see is that someone can dare to damage his precious Yamato, and he doesn't like that.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2