You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Ovechkin offered as binational US/RU commander: implications for RN/Commonwealth?

34 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles

@Pigeon_of_War

Come on, WG; you've set the precedent now. Let's have the right to cross-post UK and Commonwealth commanders to each other's ships; it WAS all once the same British Empire, after all.

Please? 

Pretty please?

With cherries on top? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 10

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Pigeon_of_War

Come on, WG; you've set the precedent now. Let's have the right to cross-post UK and Commonwealth commanders to each other's ships; it WAS all once the same British Empire, after all.

Please? 

Pretty please?

With cherries on top? :Smile_teethhappy:

100% Agree.:Smile_honoring:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Waller

Members
711 posts

was thinking this too.

it also got me thinking about a "19pt test commander" (1 per account), that allows free reassigning of commander skill points and can be assigned to any nations ship as a means to test different commander builds on ships before committing then too a normal commander, they could be used in most game modes BUT they don't earn any form of XP for themselves or the ship they are on nor money (*), they are also excluded from ranked and clan battles, so they only have value in "testing" and not advancing ships or players XP types. 

(*) values you would have earned are shown as normal post battle but they are just not credited to the ship/player/etc when back at port.

Edited by b101uk
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
17 minutes ago, b101uk said:

it also got me thinking about a "19pt test commander" (1 per account), that allows free reassigning of commander skill points and can be assigned to any nations ship as a means to test different commander builds on ships before committing then too a normal commander, they could be used in most game modes BUT they don't earn any form of XP for themselves or the ship they are on nor money (*), they are also excluded from ranked and clan battles, so they only have value in "testing" and not advancing ships or players XP types. 

This is what the public test server is for; you get mid and higher tier ships with reduced earning requirements and with 15-point commanders, and progress is wiped with each patch. And you get heaps of gold and cash to buy stuff and re-spec with. So while I appreciate your idea, it's more or less in the game already and 15 points enables you to get most skills you need and try out experimental builds in both captain and ship-module terms.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,864 posts
11,578 battles

Yea, RN/Commonwealth captain transfers make total sense. Some professional athlete being a US/VMF captain, on the other hand, is completely [edited]stupid.

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
3 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

No excuses for WG now. That was my reaction when I saw the hockey player article.

Yeah. ARP/Japanese crossover I can let go because the ARP captains are essentially Japanese anyway, but HSF really blurred the lines and now those lines have been overtly crossed. So... an insistent but still polite push is my policy heading forward.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,414 posts
9,604 battles

I have high hopes for Alena.

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,327 battles

The hockey dude from the vid is in the shop as a captain? (on phone now, not as easy atm to check...)

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The hockey dude from the vid is in the shop as a captain? (on phone now, not as easy atm to check...)

Not yet, no, but soon. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/earn-your-greatness/ 

• Cool 1

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

Soo, this Ovaltine guy, does he come innately with that hitpoint skill?  I mean, who actually knows better and still picks that skill?

Hes gunna be pretty pointless.  I mean, that turret traverse perk is cool, but only getting 50% use out of him...eh.

How many missions do we have to play for him anyway?  I saw the 4k in 1 game...but past that?

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
189 posts
5,141 battles
12 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Soo, this Ovaltine guy, does he come innately with that hitpoint skill?  I mean, who actually knows better and still picks that skill?

Hes gunna be pretty pointless.  I mean, that turret traverse perk is cool, but only getting 50% use out of him...eh.

How many missions do we have to play for him anyway?  I saw the 4k in 1 game...but past that?

His skill combination will never both be used effectively on American ships, but one could make the case both skills will be useful on ships like Tashkent.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,011 posts
9,077 battles
9 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Well you obivious don’t play destroyers. After last stand and concealment expert, that is arguable best skill you can take on a destroyer. Getting an extra 10-20% more life is huge on a DD.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
15,013 battles

So..no reason to make Commonwealth/UK crossover CO's doable.

Members
561 posts
2,102 battles

If they would allow that I would buy a Perth my RN CLs need a proper trainer.

Edited by Krupp_Sabot
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,815 posts
10,343 battles

If only RAN/RCN/RN skippers had played more hockey together.

Oh maybe we can find a cricket link!?

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
21 minutes ago, mofton said:

They don't even play cricket worth a damn here in Canada. Although Walmart did sell a beach cricket set, briefly. I bought it for my children immediately, but they were too young at the time. I might dig it out next summer, now they're a few years older.

On the other hand, if we ever get ex-British destroyers from India and Pakistan as premiums in the Pan-Asian line, they play the hell out of it.

Members
711 posts
1 hour ago, mofton said:

If only RAN/RCN/RN skippers had played more hockey together.

Rugby, there are a number of Canadian professional rugby players, who play both domestically and for the national team and for clubs in the UK, France and other places, and well in Australia, New Zealand and the UK Rugby is common.

Edited by b101uk

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
5 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Interesting Aussie captain, he served on both Commonwealth ships in game, HMAS Vampire & Perth.

Love to have 'Hard Over Hec' leading the Commonwealth "Scrap Iron Flotilla".

Correction, both Australian ships (because Haida is now also a Commonwealth ship).