You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bigalow87

Over 8000 battles...

8 comments in this topic

Members
296 posts
9,546 battles

...I have seen it all, having faced vicious close quarter combat, getting ambushed by a wild destroyer out of nowhere, pointing my bow towards the last group of reds facing a desperate battle against impossible odds...but the one thing that always gets my heart racing & my hands shaking every time is slipping into the enemy base in a lost battle, having no idea where the last of the reds are, finger on the smoke key...and waiting...waiting...waiting...

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
235 posts
4,409 battles

Heh. I had a game on the opposite side of that, where I was the BB driving up to the DD in our cap yesterday, but it wasn't one we could win by that point, so the relation isn't exactly a perfect match. Worse, I had to blind fire into smoke with seconds left on the capping.  It was an Akizuki, so guessing wasn't hard, but I only landed 1 shell. The cap reset, though, and that let me get on in, driving deeper and deeper, growing closer and closer. I, of course, anticipated the torps, as it was obvious they were coming. Dodged the first set. Dodged the second set. Smoke began to dissipate, and I had a clear shot. The DD went down shortly after that.

Only one problem: I was the last one left on my team. Half their team was still alive, and I had no way to win it. So I kited and fired, hoovering up damage and defended ribbons all while slowly being whittled down by their BBs. Was in my KGV, so it wasn't entirely difficult for them, but I went down swinging, firing and running for some time. Ended up with double the base xp out our second place, and comparable xp to their team's top players. Wasn't my best game on the winning front, but it's one that I'll remember for some time as the most dire situation I've come out of. There couldn't have been more than a second on the clock when that single shell landed, and while I hardly won the game for us, I gave the enemy one last stand where they had to work for my royal booty.

Actually, lemme go fish up the replay. Never actually tried to upload one before, but it's a doozie. Hope you don't mind.

https://replayswows.com/replay/32588#stats

I hope I did that right!

• Cool 2

[VW]
Members
1,949 posts
12,499 battles
1 hour ago, bigalow87 said:

...I have seen it all, having faced vicious close quarter combat, getting ambushed by a wild destroyer out of nowhere, pointing my bow towards the last group of reds facing a desperate battle against impossible odds...but the one thing that always gets my heart racing & my hands shaking every time is slipping into the enemy base in a lost battle, having no idea where the last of the reds are, finger on the smoke key...and waiting...waiting...waiting...

Got my last solo warrior like that. In me kamie my team derped, they had four left who also went derping about the mid, i went into their cap and they didnt come near. Either they were worried about survival stats, or they didn’t understand that capping wins the game.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,230 posts
9,028 battles
31 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Got my last solo warrior like that. In me kamie my team derped, they had four left who also went derping about the mid, i went into their cap and they didnt come near. Either they were worried about survival stats, or they didn’t understand that capping wins the game.

Lol my Solo Warrior was from 7 enemy ships that decided to chase my IJN tier low tier IJN CV around Fault line map instead of securing the caps... I mean seriously how did they think their dreadnaught BBs were going to catch up to my CV that had the stealth, distance, terrain, and a bit of speed advantage on them? Yeah their DDs were starting to catch up but those were able to be kept at bay long enough... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,949 posts
12,499 battles
18 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol my Solo Warrior was from 7 enemy ships that decided to chase my IJN tier low tier IJN CV around Fault line map instead of securing the caps... I mean seriously how did they think their dreadnaught BBs were going to catch up to my CV that had the stealth, distance, terrain, and a bit of speed advantage on them? Yeah their DDs were starting to catch up but those were able to be kept at bay long enough... :Smile_teethhappy:

that's awesome! :Smile_teethhappy:

[REEF]
[REEF]
Beta Testers
637 posts
8,072 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

:Smile_facepalm:  ROFLMAO

[DENY]
Members
347 posts
4,787 battles

My best is probably seeing that one side had fall turn around with my BB to save the cap , while my secondary are shooting, stop the cap at 2sec , the DD tried to torpedo me but since he was in the smoke and nobody was spoting me he misses , his smoke vanished and I blower him up ,and at the same time a ship that my secondary had put on fire sunk , giving me a double strike!

• Cool 2

Members
296 posts
9,546 battles
16 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My last solo warrior was against 7 ships too. They split and went down both flanks and steamrolled my team. I just drifted down the middle waiting to get nuked in my Huanghe, but never got spotted. Realized I was close to their base & gunned it to the far side. CV sent planes but I smoked up but I was gonna be 7 seconds short of capping while smoked. The cv dive bombed me right at the end but missed. Lots of sweating in that endgame...