Sign in to follow this  
ECA

Ship XP

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
73 posts
766 battles

Strange..

I transferred a captain from a regular ship to another and he still had the ship XP he earned from the other ship..

But I take the Captain off my Premium ship, who has Finally gotten to 11, to a regular ship and it ALL went away..no Ship XP to carry over..

If this Xp has little use or meaning...Why do we have it??  I really want that XP back, at least TELL me what to do with it..  he isnt ELITE, so I dont think I can give it to another captain.

OR has the Wiki changed so much and NO ONE has fixed anything in 2 years??  Becaue I didnt see where the captain looses all his Ship XP when he transfers..

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,093 posts
4,164 battles

You have both commander XP and ship XP, ship XP is tied to the ship and is used to research modules and other ships, while commander XP is used to train commanders. You can move over a captain from a normal ship to a premium ship without retraining him to that ship, while you you have to retrain a commander when you move him to a normal ship that he wasn't previously trained on.

Edited by Cruiser_Noshiro

[KAPPA]
Members
235 posts
4,409 battles

When you move a commander and start retraining them, their xp bar vanishes in place of the retraining bar. When this bar fills, whether by time or pay via credit or doubloon, the xp bar will return. This xp bar is for points to assign to the various commander skills, and has nothing to do with the ship's xp, which remains on the ship even if you sell it. Premium ships can be freely switched between while keeping your commander trained for a non-premium, allowing it to be used by only those ships and the one it is trained to without retraining. While retraining, the commander stops gaining xp, and instead the xp goes to the retraining, halving the power or removing the ability to use the various skills they have.

Beta Testers
73 posts
766 battles

DUH! to both of you..

Iv swapped a non-premium ship captain and he carried his XP with him..  Which led me to buy up the next ship..

I swap from the sims, and the 180+k he had, that I was going to use to buy more ships...went poof.  I retrained him by Combat and he has not gotten back the 180k..  

For all that exp that is used on premium ships you cant do much with it..  All those points IF, he was non-premium, he could of used on the next ships up...is GONE.

I really think it fun, that he cant carry his XP, to use to buy more ships..  And if this isnt so..can I swap him back and get those points for other things??  THATS not to clear in the wiki..

• Bad 2

Sign in to follow this