Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

So what is your favorite operation scenario?

19 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
292 posts
6,290 battles

Personally I like them all. Looking forward to new ones when they come out.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
typo

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,248 battles

Narai, when people are able to abuse the stuffing out of an operation so much that war gaming had to go fix it, has put it in the legendary status in the eyes of botcoin farmers everywhere. 

I have fond memories of late nights trying to see how badly we could abuse it. Trying to do everything with only 3 players was a stretch although another div was finally able to do it. 

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

I like them all. But they start to feel repetitive so I don't actual play them so much. I should more, but sometimes it feels like a guaranteed full 20 minute game is longer than I want to commit. Especially when there are no surprises.

I am really looking forward to "Hard" Operations. (and hopefully the increased rewards that come with it :cap_haloween:)

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Cherry Blossom for sure. Can't wait for the next time it comes around so I can test out my Charles Martel with it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
3,824 battles
3 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Cherry Blossom for sure. Can't wait for the next time it comes around so I can test out my Charles Martel with it.

Oh she's lovely, the first Myoko that pops up sitting still gets deleted within seconds.

Charles Martel counts like 2-3 heavy cruisers with that reload booster.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,285 posts
25,344 battles

Cherry Blossom and Dunkirk.  Narai was also a favorite and then they nerfed it.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,844 posts
13,808 battles

I've only enjoyed one Operation and that was Narai [pre-nerf] but than only with a full div of players on Coms working together. 

I mostly find Operation a frustrating waste of time for little reward. The Operations are tuned so that it takes either a full div of players who know what they're doing to complete successfully or you get very lucky with a group of randoms. If you don't have a good team of captains you're very likely screwed. The bots are stupid strong and seem to always know when torpedoes have been fired their way. Add in poorly prepared captains who don't know how to succeed in the match and you get a frustrating experience. 

Frankly once I 5 star an Operation I rarely if ever play them again. Don't misunderstand me, I appreciate that WG is creating Operation for the player base. I just don't find them very interesting or rewarding past a few playings. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles

I really like Dynamo for a couple of reasons. The first is because it is stable and causes zero issues for me. The Defense of Newport is ok, I get a bit of lag when the ships spawn but it is playable. Unfortunately it just isn't any fun to replay. Every single other OP either lags so badly that it is unplayable or it crashes the program. I play them only to get my five stars and never bother with them again. The second reason I like Dynamo is because it is fun. It is fast paced and exciting with just enough "breathers" to get your bearings and coordinate with the other players.

[TDRB]
Members
1,105 posts
4,197 battles

Ultimate Frontier is my least favorite & haven't played Narai enough yet. I enjoyed Dynamo a lot for the 1st week but I think 2 weeks is too much. But I enjoy them all.

[VW]
Members
1,937 posts
12,499 battles

The one where you sail left and harvest the citadels from the kumas and aobas and then torp the two cvs when they enter the arena. I get high 10s to 20s citadels in dds doing that, it’s always a riot!

Alpha Tester
1,960 posts

Dynamo because it's a DD paradise, no bloody radar or cruisers. I'm not happy that they put USSR DDs in the op though, considering they were Nazi allies in 1940 and Poland was partly under Soviet occupation. But I expect them to be removed when the RN or French DD line arrives. Cherry Blossom because it's tremendously fun and you can farm tons of free XP in it. I'm surprised WG still hasn't nerfed that op but I hope they don't touch it anytime soon.

My hated ops are Raptor Rescue and Ultimate FU. Those two are hard mode right there.

[INTEL]
Members
796 posts
8,293 battles

Narai, lots of varied targets and threats. Plus I have a lot of T7 premiums that are well suited for it. Nelson is a riot in the Op.

Aegis. Stupidly fun to reap cits in my fav T6 DDs, Fushun and Anshan. Same for Leander and Perth. I've cleared 40 cits and 200k damage in all 4.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
11 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Dynamo because it's a DD paradise, no bloody radar or cruisers. I'm not happy that they put USSR DDs in the op though, considering they were Nazi allies in 1940 and Poland was partly under Soviet occupation. But I expect them to be removed when the RN or French DD line arrives.

I have serious doubts that that will happen. It may be more historically accurate, but if they wanted to be more accurate than just "Allies v. Axis" then only British, Polish, Commonwealth, and maybe French ships would be allowed in Dynamo, and Cherry Blossom would be restricted to US only, if not Cleveland and Fletcher only to be extra accurate.

Members
710 posts

Operation Dynamo, operation Hermes, also operation Cherry Blossom to some degree.

Operation Narai was fun, but post change its affected too much by other players spurious choices which you have little control over.

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,086 battles

Dynamo hasn't been up long enough, but I did enjoy playing it as it helped me grind a couple DD's I was working on.  

I like Aegis.  But maybe because that's really the first Op I started playing.  And the old Narai.  

HATE Ultimate FU.  Raptor Rescue also seems to be hit or miss depending on the team you get.  And I don't recall a Kuma was that hard to kill.  

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles

Bizarrely, I prefer Cherry Blossom. It seems odd that the highest-tier op should be the one I feel most comfortable in, but there you go.

Next is Killer Whale.

I have been in multiple five-star Dynamos now, but there is an emotional/cultural component to Dynamo that fatigues me very quickly. I don't like to lose that one and the pressure is on whenever I play it. Yeah, call me strange.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,004 posts
13,697 battles

Dynamo - In a full AA spec Sims

Farm XP like no tomorrow

image.jpeg.0d51147c41d9c67722bfb7999bd4ccbe.jpeg

Sign in to follow this