Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AXELGREASE

spotting needed

9 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
680 posts
5,149 battles

Is it me or is the tool tip for this mission a bit misleading?

"Help your team cause 100000 damage upon your spotting"

Problem is my damage to ships I spot, which is helping the team, is not counting at all.  The tool tip should reflect that your damage does not count. 

The British DD spotting mission is worded exactly the same. 

Every game I have been in has had at least one CV.  I have very few spots and a whole lot of damage to the ships I spot is from me, not my team mates.  Very difficult to complete. On an order of magnitude harder then other missions.  You just have to be lucky, no skill of your own to spot can get your team mates to shoot the ships you spot.

It would be much better if the "Help your team cause" meant your damage counted.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,237 battles
7 minutes ago, AXELGREASE said:

Problem is my damage to ships I spot, which is helping the team, is not counting at all.  The tool tip should reflect that your damage does not count. 

Every game I have been in has had at least one CV.  I have very few spots and a whole lot of damage to the ships I spot is from me, not my team mates.  Very difficult to complete. On an order of magnitude harder then other missions.  You just have to be lucky, no skill of your own to spot can get your team mates to shoot the ships you spot.

It would be much better if the "Help your team cause" meant your damage counted.

Unless you have Lightening, doing spotting damage mission in T5-7 is a bit hard because theere are a lot of CV in these tier.

But to be clear, when it says damage upon your spotting it means damage your allies dealt to the ship you're spotting, your own damage doesn't count. I'm not a native english speaker but for me the description is clear. You need to spot and let your team shoot at the spotted target. But 100k spotting damage is pretty easy to do (If there are no CV).

[DAS]
Members
344 posts
4,317 battles
9 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Unless you have Lightening, doing spotting damage mission in T5-7 is a bit hard because theere are a lot of CV in these tier.

But to be clear, when it says damage upon your spotting it means damage your allies dealt to the ship you're spotting, your own damage doesn't count. I'm not a native english speaker but for me the description is clear. You need to spot and let your team shoot at the spotted target. But 100k spotting damage is pretty easy to do (If there are no CV).

I agree. The wording is perfectly clear.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
680 posts
5,149 battles
1 minute ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I think you missed the whole point, The tool tip says "Help your team cause 100K damage upon your spotting"  You help cause damage how?  By shooting ships, with guns and torps, right? 

So you spot, you shoot, you damage, you are helping to cause damage upon your spotting. 

If the tool tip said "earn 100K spotting damage" - well now that would be a totally different meaning.  It would mean you only get credit for damage done by team mates after you spot a ship.

As you may know, MANY players have yet to see a mission for the T7 or T8 brit DDs.  I am one of them.  which means for the brit DD part I am stuck in an acasta or icarus. 

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,345 posts
9,536 battles

"Help your team cause 100K damage upon your spotting"

Just a wordier way of saying "Spot for 100k damage"

It's tricky with the British DD's, otherwise it will just happen.

[DAS]
Members
344 posts
4,317 battles
5 minutes ago, AXELGREASE said:

I think you missed the whole point, The tool tip says "Help your team cause 100K damage upon your spotting"  You help cause damage how?  By shooting ships, with guns and torps, right? 

So you spot, you shoot, you damage, you are helping to cause damage upon your spotting. 

If the tool tip said "earn 100K spotting damage" - well now that would be a totally different meaning.  It would mean you only get credit for damage done by team mates after you spot a ship.

As you may know, MANY players have yet to see a mission for the T7 or T8 brit DDs.  I am one of them.  which means for the brit DD part I am stuck in an acasta or icarus. 

Disagree about the first part. There are already missions like that, namely "Deal XYZ dmg" (who cares about who spotted the ship).

You are right about the second part. It would be clearer if the tool tip said what you suggest (but I still don't think what they did is wrong/unclear).

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,237 battles
9 minutes ago, AXELGREASE said:

I think I see your point but it's didn't how I understand the mission. You're focusing on the "Help your team cause X damage" part not on the "Upon your spotting". I've spent a lot of time in detailed report trying to figure out what does number meant so I guess that's why I knew at the first glance what I was supposed to do in the mission.

No what you need to do is simply provide eyes for your team. Whether the team shoot targets you spot or not is another thing. 

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles
49 minutes ago, AXELGREASE said:

Dunno about that. I just did it in two missions in coop. When you have a locked-on target in line of sight, press F3. Simple and effective because even us potatoes in coop know how to shoot. Has nothing to do with what the airplanes see, it is what you designate as a target and how many players actually fire at it and make hits.

Members
115 posts
2,024 battles

I got the majority of this one done by playing co-op. Work to the back to spot enemy CV, then NOT fire and just keeping it spotted while your team shoots it to death.  

You can pick up 20-30k in one game this way, even in tier 5.  Doesn't fully work every time because your team's planes will get involved with the enemy CV, but I finished the 100k in one day this way.

Sign in to follow this