Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SuzutsukiKaiNi

That feel when you get done with rank.

16 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
4,841 posts
13,799 battles

Me while suffering through Rank, 

C278tGv.gif

Me at that glorious moment when Rank 1 is achieved, 

DE4lbWX.gif

Me soon after Rank is done but there are ships and missions to grind, 

yqsfo7j.gif

I don't have a problem with the Rank Maps. I even enjoy 7v7 same tier battles. 
But the Star Progression system is cancer and the leading cause of all the problems of Rank. 
If Rank is going to survive and thrive it desperately needs a system of progression that doesn't rely on 7 random players working together.
Because I've lost count of the stars taken from me by AKF ships, Team Killers, Trolls and potato team mates.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,966 battles
1 hour ago, pinkship9001 said:

why are you pretending you ranked out?

Never said I did, I just stated I was finished with Ranked. I gave up on Ranking out weeks ago after reviewing the MM patterns and realizing there was no hope of getting to Rank 1 after every time I would just about hit Rank 4 I would literally have 1 or more AFK or Disconnected ships on my team for the duration of the battle and all 7 enemy ships would be active. And the AFK ships on my team would typically be our Radar ships??? And I learned the art of being selfish and simply damage farming to ensure I save a star a little late in the season to Rank out as well, but at least I know how to do that now.

So instead I have been grinding XP, awards to get signal flags, Legendary modules, and Captain XP. Which I was successful since now have some additional 19 point captains, nice pile of free XP and ECXP, and some stacks of signal flags to use for helping my clan with Clan wars. And Ranked has not featured the crash bug that Randoms X battles often contains so was far more effective means of playing. also that crash bug is not unique to me, tonight I have been stable and instead a member of my div tonight had the disconnect / freeze bug that requires app restart to attempt to get connected to play. The joys of Wargaming attempting to run their servers when when they don’t Realize their servers are sitting in a state of partial failure last few months. Oh well they will figure it out eventually I guess.

• Boring 1

[TMS]
Members
1,729 posts
22,070 battles
1 minute ago, SuzutsukiKaiNi said:

Was it that rough?

D;

On IJN DDs yes.

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
13 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Never said I did, I just stated I was finished with Ranked. I gave up on Ranking out weeks ago after reviewing the MM patterns and realizing there was no hope of getting to Rank 1 after every time I would just about hit Rank 4 I would literally have 1 or more AFK or Disconnected ships on my team for the duration of the battle and all 7 enemy ships would be active. And the AFK ships on my team would typically be our Radar ships??? And I learned the art of being selfish and simply damage farming to ensure I save a star a little late in the season to Rank out as well, but at least I know how to do that now.

With the number of matches put into ranked this season I don't see how you can blame the MM.

[TMS]
Members
1,729 posts
22,070 battles
41 minutes ago, SuzutsukiKaiNi said:

IJN dd...you madman..btw i saw some people doing some crazy carrying in shima..so idunno

Yes and it's hard.

• Cool 1

Members
362 posts
6 battles
35 minutes ago, DeliciousFart said:

With the number of matches put into ranked this season I don't see how you can blame the MM.

it's never his fault. It's because he gets bad teammates, didn't have enough ships to choose from for the "changing daily ranked meta," or he didn't have the right premium ship.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,966 battles
3 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

it's never his fault. It's because he gets bad teammates, didn't have enough ships to choose from for the "changing daily ranked meta," or he didn't have the right premium ship.

I have the ships needed for Ranked Battles Tiers 5-8 these days, first time I played Ranked tier 6 I had not been able to acquire the necessary ships and I was correct about the capabilities of said vessels since they server me well in the months since and would serve me well in Ranked. I also have several 19 point captains as well for those ships.

X Ranked is not exactly my forte, but gave it a try anyway and became a profitable experiment for me. And yes I was tracking MM patterns and was curious the things that would happen, but hey the times I was on a bad team just means more damage and awards for me lol. The XP alone was enough to to take Halsey to 19 points,  Yamamoto is getting close, the ECXP was funneled into various mid tier ships to give their captains the needed points to be ready for upcoming game changes. And I was able to pay for some extra ships with the credits. The signal flags from all the awards such as High Calibers and Confederates which can be more difficult to earn in Randoms consistently I earned in Ranked and restocked my signal flag supplies quite nicely for next Clan Wars. And since supplies of signal flags were rolling in I was able to switch from flags and Camo Containers over to Coal Containers and am ahead of my predicted schedule on getting Salem now.

Must have done some things right in Ranked Battles with the amounts of Karma points I was getting lol. 

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
42 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I have the ships needed for Ranked Battles Tiers 5-8 these days, first time I played Ranked tier 6 I had not been able to acquire the necessary ships and I was correct about the capabilities of said vessels since they server me well in the months since and would serve me well in Ranked. I also have several 19 point captains as well for those ships.

X Ranked is not exactly my forte, but gave it a try anyway and became a profitable experiment for me. And yes I was tracking MM patterns and was curious the things that would happen, but hey the times I was on a bad team just means more damage and awards for me lol. The XP alone was enough to to take Halsey to 19 points,  Yamamoto is getting close, the ECXP was funneled into various mid tier ships to give their captains the needed points to be ready for upcoming game changes. And I was able to pay for some extra ships with the credits. The signal flags from all the awards such as High Calibers and Confederates which can be more difficult to earn in Randoms consistently I earned in Ranked and restocked my signal flag supplies quite nicely for next Clan Wars. And since supplies of signal flags were rolling in I was able to switch from flags and Camo Containers over to Coal Containers and am ahead of my predicted schedule on getting Salem now.

Must have done some things right in Ranked Battles with the amounts of Karma points I was getting lol. 

The MM is completely randomized, and only cares about balancing the tier and ship classes. It's simply bad perspective to think that the MM is somehow rigged. You have this tendency of citing bad teammates, but quite frankly you're much more responsible for your performance than you think. Furthermore, you state that you learned to damage farm and star-save, yet your average damage for most ships is considerably below the server average. You really ought to take more responsibility for your own performance.

Edited by DeliciousFart
  • Cool 1

[-S-R-]
Members
321 posts
7,279 battles
5 hours ago, Final8ty said:

Yes and it's hard.

o7, @Final8ty, and congratulations on ranking out.  I also did it, again, by relying on the Shima and I concur wholeheartedly that that is no easy task.  So +1 to us both.  I remember being against you a few times....

Sign in to follow this