btronn

Issue with Spotter Plane firing

5 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
5,393 battles

Every time I have a spotter plane up and position my reticle at a ship (even those 5-10 km from me), then press shift to zoom in, my reticle moves to the extreme range of the ship and requires me to mouse down to re-aim at the ship. The only way I've found to avoid this is to aim as low as possible then move the reticle up. I have lost many shots at briefly visible ships due to this. Please fix.

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,063 battles
9 minutes ago, btronn said:

Every time I have a spotter plane up and position my reticle at a ship (even those 5-10 km from me), then press shift to zoom in, my reticle moves to the extreme range of the ship and requires me to mouse down to re-aim at the ship. The only way I've found to avoid this is to aim as low as possible then move the reticle up. I have lost many shots at briefly visible ships due to this. Please fix.

That happens to me and does drive me crazy. It would be nice if they had it work the way it used to.

[O7]
Members
38 posts
8,894 battles

I think it aims exactly where your aim is pointing. So if you are completely zoomed out looking at your ship and targets to look at; when you press the button to zoom in (shift for me) it will zoom in to exactly where your reticle is pointing. Because the spotter plane has an elevated view (you get less horizontal ocean in your view) the effect of being slightly off target when fully zoomed out is more pronounced. If you have it enabled, the minimap has a small circle on it showing you exactly where you are aiming. I would suggest testing it and seeing if it is actually zooming in wrong, or your aim is just a bit wrong when zoomed out. 

Keep in mind a few millimetres while zoomed out = several kilometres when zoomed in with the spotter plane active. Hope it helps :)

Members
7 posts
5,393 battles
On 10/4/2018 at 2:23 PM, Potato_Quality said:

I think it aims exactly where your aim is pointing. So if you are completely zoomed out looking at your ship and targets to look at; when you press the button to zoom in (shift for me) it will zoom in to exactly where your reticle is pointing. Because the spotter plane has an elevated view (you get less horizontal ocean in your view) the effect of being slightly off target when fully zoomed out is more pronounced. If you have it enabled, the minimap has a small circle on it showing you exactly where you are aiming. I would suggest testing it and seeing if it is actually zooming in wrong, or your aim is just a bit wrong when zoomed out. 

Keep in mind a few millimetres while zoomed out = several kilometres when zoomed in with the spotter plane active. Hope it helps :)

I did, the reticle on the minimap is on the target ship, but pressing shift moves the minimap reticle as well as the zoomed in reticle to the extreme range. 

Edited by btronn

[O7]
Members
38 posts
8,894 battles
1 hour ago, btronn said:

I did, the reticle on the minimap is on the target ship, but pressing space moves the minimap reticle as well as the zoomed in reticle to the extreme range. 

That's really weird, when I get on tonight I'm going to try it. But I suggest you submit a ticket if you haven't yet :)