You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FlakKnight

Best Ships for Hockeyman Captain Person 8?

15 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
271 posts
1,768 battles

I don't follow hockey at all (what kind of sport only has 3 quarters), but I won't turn down cool captains with blue tracers and augmented skills.  Plus Wikipedia said he won some stuff so it sounds like he's not some discount bin player endorsement at least.

Ship wise, enhanced EM makes me think slow turrets so CA/BB, but enhanced SE makes me think DD.  I don't play RU at all right now so maybe he's the perfect Khaba captain or something, but what to do with the US one?  I'm not seeing anything where I would use both traits in one ship.  Plus with Halsey and the Doe boys, it's not like there isn't competition there.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

The title of this thread couldn't be more trolly if it tried.

gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
3 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

I don't follow hockey at all (what kind of sport only has 3 quarters), but I won't turn down cool captains with blue tracers and augmented skills.  Plus Wikipedia said he won some stuff so it sounds like he's not some discount bin player endorsement at least.

Ship wise, enhanced EM makes me think slow turrets so CA/BB, but enhanced SE makes me think DD.  I don't play RU at all right now so maybe he's the perfect Khaba captain or something, but what to do with the US one?  I'm not seeing anything where I would use both traits in one ship.  Plus with Halsey and the Doe boys, it's not like there isn't competition there.

Hockey has 3 periods, not quarters. I don't really follow hockey very closely, but Ovechkin is a hockey great and NHL star.

All that aside, I'm thinking that the Ovechkin in the RU would work best on the DDs up to Tashkent. Udaloi, Khab and Groz have 9 sec 180deg turns, so the EM doesn't help much. But the other RU DDs have 18+ sec 180 deg turns, so EM will really help them. I'll put the RU Ovechkin in Tashkent I think.

For the US, EM is good for US CAs and BBs. The CLs and DDs don't need EM. So not sure where I will put the US Ovechkin.

Remember the mission drops will be RARE drops. You may have to go through many, many containers to get a mission drop, if you get one at all.

Members
190 posts
15,768 battles

USN Heavy Cruisers is the only line that have EM and SE in their optimal captain builds.

That said Halsey is still indeed better for that confederate bonus.

[NSC]
Members
130 posts
5,248 battles
24 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

I don't follow hockey at all (what kind of sport only has 3 quarters),

They're called periods ;)

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
8 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Where do we get this hockey captain?

NHL Hockey star Alexander Ovechkin is coming to the game as a special captain.

This will be an OPT IN event starting Oct 19th to earn a US and RU Ovechkin.  You have to OPT in by Oct 31st at 8pm EST (5pm PST)

There will be Hockey containers in game, in the shop, and you can earn one of the 12 collectible items in a daily container once the collection is active. You can activate the collection without buying a container.  By clicking on the Participate button in the article from Oct 19th until early evening Oct 31st, you will activate the Great Eight mission chain.  Completing the entire chain awards the RU Ovechkin. Completing the first part of the mission chain will give you an Hockey container to activate the collection. Collecting the 12 total collection items, 3 sub collections of 4 each, will give the US Ovechkin.

There will be a RARE mission drop from Hockey containers to earn a 15pt Ovechkin that will work in a US or RU ship. There will be RARE drops for missions for various ships, NC, Chapayev, Scharnhorst, Alabama, Duca degli Abruzzi and Leningrad. There will also be a rare mission drop for a special hockey perma-camo for Lexington. If you already have a ship in port and earn it again via the RARE mission drop you will get credits for the duplicate ship. Duplicate collection items will be worth 15,000 credits each once you complete the collection. The exchange rate is 5 duplicates for 1 collection item you do not have.

You will also be able to buy the US/RU 15pt Ovechkin captain in the shop.

The in game containers will have 

1 Winner one-use camo; combat bonus, +75% XP, +125% CmdrXP & +100% FXP

1 draconic flag

1 collection item

The premium shop containers will have 

10 Winner one-use camos; combat bonus, +75% XP, +125% CmdrXP & +100% FXP

10 of one draconic flag

1 collection item

Keep an eye on this article to start the mission chains on Oct 19th.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/earn-your-greatness/

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
37 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

Lacrosse, Rugy, football  / European football and basketball have half's and quarters. 

Hockey has 3 periods, and a 4th period called overtime if the game is tied after 3. In the playoffs overtime can go on forever until 1 team scores. 

Cricket and baseball games are divided into innings. 

Curling is usually consisted by ends, denoting when each team throws all their stones. 

[SYJ]
Members
37 posts
5,638 battles

So what Ovechkin's in game name or is he on the RU server.

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
6 minutes ago, gatorken said:

So what Ovechkin's in game name or is he on the RU server.

Ovechkin

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
616 posts

"I went to a Boxing Match the other night....and a hockey game broke out."

- Rodney Dangerfield

No matter what his name is or what sport he plays/played, I could use a decent CO for my Moskva.  He should do the "trick".

[AK]
[AK]
Members
419 posts
22,361 battles

Since the SE is buffed on him, khab would be best with the commander, since 4000 hp is better than 3500

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
Just now, Capt_Apollo said:

Will he speak Russian or English during the game?

The US Ovechkin will speak English. The RU Ovechkin will speak Russian. The dual nation Ovechkin will speak English or Russian depending upon the nation he is assigned to