You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Threat Assessment Thursday - Deadly Strikes

26 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
900 posts
5,964 battles

WoWS_Illustration_TassafarongaBattle_5000x3445px_Geo_V1.psb.png

What weapon system is your biggest threat when engaging the enemy in battle?

Regardless of which ship class you play, each captain is mindful of deadly strikes that can send them to a watery grave.

Whether its airstrikes, torpedo attacks, or incoming gunfire, respecting the potential threats can mean survival and repelling their attacks.

When you join the Fleet for battle, what type of weapon is your greatest threat?

"Never fear your enemy but always respect them." - John Basilone, US Marine Corps

#threatassessmentthursday

#anchorsaweigh

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,238 posts
12,778 battles
6 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

The one wielded with skill and intent.

All weapons are viable in this game, and all are tools for putting down the enemy. The thing with any tool is though, it becomes more effective the better it's wielded.

• Cool 6

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

A good coordinated full force airstrike is scary for a isolated battleship... but those are few and far between

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,677 posts
9,071 battles
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

All weapons are viable in this game, and all are tools for putting down the enemy. The thing with any tool is though, it becomes more effective the better it's wielded.

Lert wins the thread, no need for additional responses. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[KMK]
Members
70 posts
3,888 battles

Playing in BBs, torps and HE ammo. Playing in cruisers BBs main guns (you can manage to avoid torps), playing in DDs radar and cruisers (spot air planes and CA/CL too).

• Cool 1

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
271 posts
1,798 battles

Definitely Graf Zeppelin AP bombs

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
6 hours ago, Lert said:

This, so much this, which is why I've always said that there are no "garbage ships" in this game and in fact, despite popular belief, every ship in the game can go up against any other ship within it's MM queue (CV's excluded). 

Edited by BURN_Miner
  • Cool 1

[RST]
Members
333 posts
6,912 battles

Pan-asian deepwater torps are the ones I hate the most.  So little warning that if you are caught out of position or surprised by where they come from you are dead.  Fortunately this is fairly rare, as typically you either have an idea where they may come from or you have someone who can spot them in advance to provide additional warning. 

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles

Radar is the biggest threat for a DD player playing T5-T10. The threat escalates the higher the tier. You get a 7.0-11.5 km "no go zone" ranging from 15-48 seconds depending on tier and ship type. See's all ships regardless whether it's hiding behind an island.

Hydro is the next threat. It can reveal a ship hiding behind an island or smoke using X ray vision. It lacks range but makes up for it in duration.

Last one is RDF - "He's somewhere that away".  Any cruiser having Radar + RDF is someone a DD would like to die first.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,796 posts
7,478 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Lert wins the thread, no need for additional responses. :Smile_honoring:

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
181 posts
1,591 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

THE END

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles
5 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

consciousness-709143-400x300.jpg

• Cool 3

[BLHK]
Members
352 posts
3,456 battles

Basically anything currently pointing at me.

• Cool 1

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Destroyer torpedoes. The torpedo beats are not with me and, while still painful, at least I can shrug off the carrier ones.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,452 posts
8,107 battles

Other than what Lert said -

Random Torpedoes - and I mean literally random. Like, the guy just fired them for lol's while the entire rest of the team is on the other side of the map, I'm alone scouting in a DD, haven't been spotted, haven't started capping yet, not picked up on RDF, haven't spotted a ship, just Obi-Wan saying "Use the force Luke, Let Go Luke, Luke trust me" And while there name may not be Luke, they do so, fire the torps, and some time later I here the warning, go to turn but there's just no gap big enough and boom - or more often an island blocked them so they appear only as I get around it. 

The other is ships - it's one thing when I see the low HP ship, and simply fail to kill it before it rams me for whatever reason. But just yesterday I was in a tier 7, BB, down to my last 20k HP, and a full health tier 8 BB rammed me to make sure he got the kill or something. And it was no mistake, I turned to avoid (I hoped to maybe get around him and try and outrun his guns, huge long shot) and he turned square into me with intent. He jumped me up to like 90k damage from 30-40 so that was good, but was still something I did not anticipate. 

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
14 posts
3,418 battles
22 minutes ago, Knavbot said:

My Graf Zeppelin.

But graf zepppelin gets easily countered with DFAA/AA cruisers, I don't think it's OP/threat- if peopple just hang around near DFAA bubbble, it can be countered.

[NEP]
[NEP]
Members
32 posts
9,764 battles
31 minutes ago, Knavbot said:

My Graf Zeppelin.

Nonsense. My Bismarck will DEVASTATE your puny Graf Zeppelin.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles
12 hours ago, SerB___ said:

Our balanced AP bombs that were an excellent idea.

Hahaha.

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,263 battles
9 hours ago, Knavbot said:

My Graf Zeppelin.

Yeah, I like the AP bombs on my Enterprise, but they dont seem as well balanced as the GZ

[H_]
Members
801 posts

Gimmick technology..........as said above.  Radar.  It takes no skill (Lert's assessment is spot on if you infer that skill is the most deadly); it costs nothing; it is 100% fool proof; it is 100% accurate no matter where or when; and, it is 100 effective and shared thereby eliminating smoke, stealth or terrain as counters.....

I am destroyed 90% of all games played because of radar directly; the effects of radar on the battlespace; or, indirectly as an entire class of ships are rendered ineffective and non value added......  The radar gimmick is the most effective force multiplier in the game and requires no skill to use !!!

With radar, all of the skill in the world is ineffective once you push the on button because radar is fool proof; and, no matter how good you think you are, 40+ main gun rounds every 3 to 5 seconds is inescapable for the 2 or 3 K you have to travel to get outside of radar range, only to find another radar envelope coming on you just didn't see..............and, a 16 or 18" round hits you from across the map from a shipthat never could see you......

The deadliest weapon in the game isn't a weapon..............it's technology.

PS:  wait till missiles and "controlled weapons" get introduced !!! 

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 1

Members
1,846 posts
17,666 battles
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, Edgecase said:

consciousness-709143-400x300.jpg

^^^This...as each battle is different & what weapon depends on what ship you are running...which just happens to go hand in hand w/...

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, Lert said:

^^^This.