You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tinytim_46

Royal Navy Arc. I feel cheated

85 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
8,465 battles

Hi all,

I don'y post often but feel cheated by this.

The Royal Navy arc is in 3 parts each lasting 4 weeks. I have been enjoying the RN arc. Its been fun and a good way to bring in RN DDs. Now i am sure many of you have been trying to get the missions for RN DDs and lots have also bought crates for the missions. I have been doing the same( actual got 2, the Acasta and the Icarus). I have been using my sovereigns like many people to get extra crates from the Arsenal for missions. In the belief that part 2 of the Royal Navy event would also be able to get sovereigns from the crates, but alas no you will get pumpkin crates now, they have changed it.  The Royal Navy event now becomes the Halloween event . 

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version, but they can be exchanged for quite an extensive list of valuable rewards. You can also keep accumulating Guineas for Tier VIII Premium destroyer Cossack, making it available with a huge discount.

So they are ruining the RN event and making the RN mission the Halloween missions. I am annoyed as I believed WG telling us we had 2 months to get sovereigns but now they have changed it( I know they can change anything they want at anytime) which is not a good way to treat your customers. I now can't get anything good from the RN rewards in the arsenal. might as well not had any RN rewards.

Also they will sell the pumpkins in premium shop but we will not get proper Halloween missions because they can't be bothered. I enjoyed testing the Halloween event on PTS but not having proper missions for that also ruins that event. 

Way to go WG, ruin 2 events because you want to sell more crates and not bother making proper Halloween missions. I won't spend any money.

From and Unhappy Sailor

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

Welcome to the party.

I too interpreted Wargaming's announcements about the Royal Navy Event to mean that we would be winning more Sovereigns. I definitely feel like they pulled the rug out from under us when the announced in the middle of the event that you could no longer win Sovereigns after the first month.

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,689 posts
5,042 battles

I haven’t played today so I haven’t seen the change. But that is rather annoying. 

Members
24 posts
8,465 battles

I think its a bad move as people have planned how to earn sovereigns and what they can get and now that's all out the window.

It annoys me that they have made the RN event into the Halloween event. Thanks for nothing WG

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,237 posts

Source?  The Halloween event is a "Scenario" and Royal Navy is "PvP, Ranked, PvE, and Arms Race" so I don't see how Halloween is stepping on the Royal Navy event.  Apples and Pumpkins.

• Cool 1

Members
24 posts
8,465 battles

My Source is WG themselves .......

The new Royal Navy phase offers another 4 Stages, with each lasting 1 week. Each Stage has four Directives that contain a specific number of missions to be completed. Having completed a Stage, Directive, or mission, you will receive a corresponding reward, including various game items, Guineas, and new Halloween containers. You can complete the missions simultaneously, but you will only be able to access the next Directive after completing a certain number of missions from the previous one. Missions can be completed simultaneously and across any number of battles, unless indicated otherwise. Don't worry if you are unable to complete something on the fly, because all the Directives are available for completion until the end of the Stage.

Edited by Tinytim_46
  • Bad 2

Members
711 posts
Just now, StoptheViolins said:

Source?  The Halloween event is a "Scenario" and Royal Navy is "PvP, Ranked, PvE, and Arms Race" so I don't see how Halloween is stepping on the Royal Navy event.  Apples and Pumpkins.

the first mission of the IV directive this week is to get 10 stars via "Scenario" battle mode only

WoWS-IVm1.jpg

[ML-S]
Members
289 posts
4,156 battles
15 minutes ago, Tinytim_46 said:

I think its a bad move as people have planned how to earn sovereigns and what they can get and now that's all out the window.

It annoys me that they have made the RN event into the Halloween event. Thanks for nothing WG

I am one of those. I don’t have much time to play Warships, so I like to know how much I need to do to get what I want so I can make time.  I wanted the Warspite so I planned out how many containers I needed each directive. By the time this was announced, it was way too late for me to adjust and get Warspite in a month.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
16 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

What we're frustrated about by is that after 7.10 drops, you will not win any more Sovereigns. The Royal Navy Event will continue for the whole three months (so you can win Guineas) but the containers will be Halloween containers (that do not contain Sovereigns) instead of RN containers.

So your maximum Sovereigns is 240 plus any RN containers you get by having a Tier 7+ British DD and from the Hall of Fame.

When the RN Event was announced, we assumed it would be the same for all three months so that we would be winning Sovereigns all the way through. And would therefore be able to get both the Gallant and the Warspite.

Now you can not win enough Sovereigns to get both those ships. But you can still win one free ship (plus the Cossack for only one dollar).

Wargaming did not make any announcements clarifying this until fairly late, which means a lot of people planned their winning and spending of Sovereigns based on very reasonable expectations that turned out to not be what Wargaming was planning. It feels like Wargaming changed the event mid-stream.

Edited by Jester_of_War
  • Cool 2

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,237 posts
5 minutes ago, b101uk said:

the first mission of the IV directive this week is to get 10 stars via "Scenario" battle mode only

.. snip ..

But still doesn't show how Halloween stomps on Royal Navy.  You don't even get RN chests for that mission.  The Halloween missions don't start until next week (7.10 phase 2 testing is this week) and since a lot of folks won't have issue doing scenarios for free stuff...   

Members
24 posts
8,465 battles
7 minutes ago, Horama said:

I am one of those. I don’t have much time to play Warships, so I like to know how much I need to do to get what I want so I can make time.  I wanted the Warspite so I planned out how many containers I needed each directive. By the time this was announced, it was way too late for me to adjust and get Warspite in a month.

I know how you feel. That's why I have posted this on the forum as many are in the same boat and WG has just ruined it for many.

[WOLF9]
Members
23 posts
4,024 battles
13 minutes ago, b101uk said:

WoWS-IVm1.jpg

I love how it's called 'Hero of Dunkirk', yet they just removed Dynamo as the Operation of the Week....

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,237 posts
1 minute ago, Jester_of_War said:

What we're frustrated about by is that after 7.10 drops, you will not win any more Sovereigns. The Royal Navy Event will continue for the whole three months (so you can win Guineas) but the containers will be Halloween containers (that do not contain Sovereigns) instead of RN containers.

So your maximum Sovereigns is 240 plus any RN containers you get by having a Tier 7+ British DD and from the Hall of Fame.

When the RN Event was announced, we assumed it would be the same for all three months so that we would be winning Sovereigns all the way through. And would therefore be able to get both the Gallant and the Warspite.

Now you can not win enough Sovereigns to get both those ships. But you can still win one free ship (plus the Cossack for only one dollar).

Still, no source.  I've looked through the Halloween event description. 

The RN event description still says RN chests....

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/october-missions-2018/

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
3 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

But still doesn't show how Halloween stomps on Royal Navy. 

Because Halloween containers replace the Royal Navy containers in the Royal Navy Event. And Halloween containers do not contain Sovereigns. As far as we know.

• Bad 1

[ML-S]
Members
289 posts
4,156 battles

But still doesn't show how Halloween stomps on Royal Navy.  You don't even get RN chests for that mission.  The Halloween missions don't start until next week (7.10 phase 2 testing is this week) and since a lot of folks won't have issue doing scenarios for free stuff...   

45 minutes ago, Tinytim_46 said:

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version, but they can be exchanged for quite an extensive list of valuable rewards.

The RN containers will be replaced in the next patch with Halloween containers.  Source: 7.10 PT notes

Members
24 posts
8,465 battles

This is straight from the 0.7.10 news from WG.

Royal Navy and British Destroyers

The Royal Navy event is in full swing in World of Warships. Having taken part in it, players can receive brand new Tier V–VIII British destroyers and be the first to try them out in battle. The remaining British destroyers are undergoing final stages of testing at the moment.

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version, but they can be exchanged for quite an extensive list of valuable rewards. You can also keep accumulating Guineas for Tier VIII Premium destroyer Cossack, making it available with a huge discount.

f4c93d52-c174-11e8-8f4a-d89d6715223c_120

The new Royal Navy phase offers another 4 Stages, with each lasting 1 week. Each Stage has four Directives that contain a specific number of missions to be completed. Having completed a Stage, Directive, or mission, you will receive a corresponding reward, including various game items, Guineas, and new Halloween containers. You can complete the missions simultaneously, but you will only be able to access the next Directive after completing a certain number of missions from the previous one. Missions can be completed simultaneously and across any number of battles, unless indicated otherwise. Don't worry if you are unable to complete something on the fly, because all the Directives are available for completion until the end of the Stage.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
2 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Still, no source.  I've looked through the Halloween event description. 

Developer Bulletin 0.7.10

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-0710/

"The Royal Navy event is in full swing in World of Warships. ...

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version, ..."

Members
24 posts
8,465 battles

This is where its all messed up as WG have not changed the information on the October mission briefing but in the update 0.7.10 it says you will not get sovereigns and crates will be pumpkin crates which contradicts whats the mission briefing says. this is why i am annoyed as its underhand and shows WG are being lazy by not doing any Halloween missions. They are just using the RN event as the Halloween missions.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,912 battles

There was a sign of things to come when they announced with the RN event that Sovereigns needed to be used till mid November (aka: before 7.11, and the last part of the RN arc, hits the live server). So yes, if you have read the fine print and made the right guess, Sovereigns will not be ingame till the end of the event.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,237 posts

Yes, but that's doesn't say "replacing" so you don't know if RN containers will be replaced.  Actually if you read it in context you should be complaining about not getting any Halloween containers from Day 1 of the RN event.  Right now, unless clarification is handed down from WG, it's just speculation that you won't get access to RN containers.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,912 battles
Just now, Tinytim_46 said:

This is where its all messed up as WG have not changed the information on the October mission briefing but in the update 0.7.10 it says you will not get sovereigns and crates will be pumpkin crates which contradicts whats the mission briefing says. this is why i am annoyed as its underhand and shows WG are being lazy by not doing any Halloween missions. They are just using the RN event as the Halloween missions.

Wrong. The Oktober mission briefing is only till the 17th. Nothing about what happen there after.

• Cool 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,237 posts
7 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Developer Bulletin 0.7.10

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-0710/

"The Royal Navy event is in full swing in World of Warships. ...

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version, ..."

I stand corrected.  Where's my pitch fork? :cap_rambo:

Of course, is this for testing purposes only as they are public-test notes....??

Members
24 posts
8,465 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

There was a sign of things to come when they announced with the RN event that Sovereigns needed to be used till mid November (aka: before 7.11, and the last part of the RN arc, hits the live server). So yes, if you have read the fine print and made the right guess, Sovereigns will not be ingame till the end of the event.

We all knew that part 1 and part 2 of RN event gave containers and sovereigns. Part 1 only gave the RN DD missions, part 2 RN crates with sovereigns and part 3 was no sovereigns which was fine. They explained it all fairly and I was happy with that. Now they are doing a sneaky change because they have no Halloween missions and using to the part of RN event as Halloween mission

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

Right now, unless clarification is handed down from WG, it's just speculation that you won't get access to RN containers

I like your optimism.

Let's get together after 7.10 drops to see what actually happened. I hope you are right.

I vote for your interpretation.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
10 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Of course, is this for testing purposes only as they are public-test notes....??

No this is the Developer Bulletin.

PublicTest 0.7.10 is a different couple of announcements.