You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KAPTAIN_KAOS_OBERMEISTER

Co-op battles ending abruptly...

69 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
10,508 battles

Respectfully,

Why are Co-op games ending abruptly? No where near capping out, no where near finished. Seems more like an XP cap to me. Three or four ships left to battle, plenty of time left, and caps no where near the approach of 1000. Yet a Co-op game will drag on to kill a carrier for ten minutes. Anyone else noticing this trend? Is this some new agenda designed to push everyone out of Co-op? Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Not a complaint, just an observation lately.

• Funny 1

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

Yeah, the only objective in coop should be kill all...that or let us kill all even if time is up...

I hate how coops pay like trash then we cant even get all of it.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,686 posts
3,832 battles

It's cause you're all killing the bots too fast.

If their total points are low enough where losing another ship could put them into zero points or a negative, then the game considers it as a loss for the bot team.

• Cool 3

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,892 posts
12,629 battles

Look at the points! Do you see even a sliver of a chance that the losing team has of winning? Get over it and move on to the next battle! 

• Bad 6

Members
562 posts
2,102 battles

It's the mercy rule kicking in. If their points drop to zero it ends. It is an annoyance of the mode for sure. Even the training room has it.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,696 posts
3,941 battles

*sigh* let them take a single cap. Shouldnt be an issue then. Unless it's 2-caps.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,700 battles
5 hours ago, KAPTAIN_KAOS_OBERMEISTER said:

Respectfully,

Why are Co-op games ending abruptly? No where near capping out, no where near finished. Seems more like an XP cap to me. Three or four ships left to battle, plenty of time left, and caps no where near the approach of 1000. Yet a Co-op game will drag on to kill a carrier for ten minutes. Anyone else noticing this trend? Is this some new agenda designed to push everyone out of Co-op? Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Not a complaint, just an observation lately.

It's that Mercy Rule. The bots fall to zero points which ends the game. Usually with 2 or more red bots left. I would like to see this removed from Co-op. In my 9k+ Co-op games I have never seen the human team get to zero points; just the bot team.  It is fine if they want to leave it in PVP modes but it needs to go for Co-op as it leaves a lot of XP on the table the human players could farm which would help with rewards (already very low in Co-op).

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,396 battles

Its worst when there are more large ships in the game.  The BBs result in bigger point deductions for the team when they are killed.  Since each team starts with 300 points, if there are no caps captured, eliminating enough ships to deduct that amount of points from any single team will end the game.

Members
38 posts
10,508 battles
42 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

*sigh* let them take a single cap. Shouldnt be an issue then. Unless it's 2-caps.

lmbo I'm one player on the team...do you really think it's up to me whether the Red team gets a single cap, really? In a Random battle, does it abruptly end? Hell no it doesn't.

1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Look at the points! Do you see even a sliver of a chance that the losing team has of winning? Get over it and move on to the next battle! 

Get over it? Get over what? Your missing the point entirely. Based on that response a random battle should end before one team hits a 1000 simply because it's obvious one team will clearly win. Fairly silly response considering when three or four enemy ships exist it is possible to turn the battle around.

For the record I figured I'd get a few silly responses, seems the forum is the "Headgame" within the game anyway. <o 

AdmiralThunder and others who informed me,

Thank you, that's all I was looking for. Whether this is actually coded into the game. Never heard of "The Mercy Rule" before. Always a pleasure seeing you in battle. <o

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts
3 minutes ago, KAPTAIN_KAOS_OBERMEISTER said:

lmbo I'm one player on the team...do you really think it's up to me whether the Red team gets a single cap, really? In a Random battle, does it abruptly end? Hell no it doesn't.

Get over it? Get over what? Your missing the point entirely. Based on that response a random battle should end before one team hits a 1000 simply because it's obvious one team will clearly win. Fairly silly response considering when three or four enemy ships exist it is possible to turn the battle around.

For the record I figured I'd get a few silly responses, seems the forum is the "Headgame" within the game anyway. <o 

AdmiralThunder and others who informed me,

Thank you, that's all I was looking for. Whether this is actually coded into the game. Never heard of "The Mercy Rule" before. Always a pleasure seeing you in battle. <o

Umm this is the same rule as in randoms.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
15,017 battles

It's also useful in the "legendary mod"  grind. The phase where you win 15 games. If you run 10 minutes average game coop, that's 150 minutes. That's assuming a W/R of 100%. Takes less effort than grinding it out in random. You're looking at 300 minutes there. That's assuming your w/r is also 100%. So expect way long time than 300 minutes. 

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,014 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It's that Mercy Rule. The bots fall to zero points which ends the game. Usually with 2 or more red bots left. I would like to see this removed from Co-op. In my 9k+ Co-op games I have never seen the human team get to zero points; just the bot team.  It is fine if they want to leave it in PVP modes but it needs to go for Co-op as it leaves a lot of XP on the table the human players could farm which would help with rewards (already very low in Co-op).

I'd also like the Mercy rule removed from coop games.

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,396 battles

All they have to do is have each team start with a cap and have at least 2 caps available that aren't capped.  That would allow the points to start accumulating right away, so it would be harder to zero out a team.  There are a few larger maps that use this configuration now.  In reality, zeroing a team out doesn't happen that often anyway.  I think I've seen it happen more in randoms than in co-op.  Then again, I play more random games, so that is bound to happen.

Members
1,818 posts
823 battles
2 minutes ago, Murcc said:

All they have to do is have each team start with a cap and have at least 2 caps available that aren't capped.  That would allow the points to start accumulating right away, so it would be harder to zero out a team.  There are a few larger maps that use this configuration now.  In reality, zeroing a team out doesn't happen that often anyway.  I think I've seen it happen more in randoms than in co-op.  Then again, I play more random games, so that is bound to happen.

If you have 4 good dd players, and the bots are on dumb mode, it happens regularly.  They devour entire flanks.

If you are in a BB its like "Oh c'mon, let me shoot something", especially with the wonky dispersion a low tier making you hold fire when they are working close.

I would prefer it not be there, but I am not really upset with it.

• Cool 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,238 posts

I complained about his exact same thing a while back and got the same answers above - the facts.  If you kill bots too fast and their score drops to a negative score then the match ends aka you cap points, the AI doesn't, then they lose all but one or two of their ships the match will end due to points.

[KEGEL]
Members
110 posts
5,483 battles
7 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

It's cause you're all killing the bots too fast.

If their total points are low enough where losing another ship could put them into zero points or a negative, then the game considers it as a loss for the bot team.

Pretty much.

It is incredibly frustrating for game to abruptly end when there's HP still left on the board.

Wondering if asymmetrical co-op matches (a couple extra Reds) could be a thing.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,455 posts
7 hours ago, KAPTAIN_KAOS_OBERMEISTER said:

Respectfully,

The abrupt endings are usually because of the "zero point rule".

In certain modes, if either team falls to 0 points, the battle ends regardless of how many ships on that team are left. 

In Co-op, this means that there will often be a BB or CV left.  

And it takes more XP and credits out of an already anemic mode that suffers from both smaller enemy teams (and thus "hit point pools") and smaller multipliers / rates.

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,396 battles
On 10/4/2018 at 10:22 AM, DrHolmes52 said:

If you have 4 good dd players, and the bots are on dumb mode, it happens regularly.  They devour entire flanks.

If you are in a BB its like "Oh c'mon, let me shoot something", especially with the wonky dispersion a low tier making you hold fire when they are working close.

I would prefer it not be there, but I am not really upset with it.

Yeah, BBs can have a problem, especially on some of the larger maps.  Especially if you have several aggressive DD players.  That means there are probably less BBs too.  The BBs only get a few salvos off at ships that they can actually hit from a distance before the DDs converge on the enemy and eat them up.

Edited by Murcc

[ICE9]
Members
838 posts
On 10/4/2018 at 7:20 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

I agree, the mercy rule is kind of dumb when we're talking toasters here.

What I can't stand is when the match is down to two AI CV's with few or no planes left. Neither is programmed to cap, so they just blunder around till the clock runs out. AI CV's on the green team was the dumbest idea ever.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,455 posts
15 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Yeah, BBs can have a problem, especially on some of the larger maps.  Especially if you have several aggressive DD players.  That means there are probably less BBs too.  The BBs only get a few salvos off at ships that they can actually hit from a distance before the DDs converge on the enemy and eat them up.

Or you have bot DDs on both sides, they rush out and commit murder-derpicide by ramming each other, and then it's 4 or 5 players trying to get what they can out of the remaining targets... blah.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,883 posts
1,338 battles

Mercy rule.  If you kill the reds too fast, their points falls to zero, and game's over, before the ships are all gone.

[SIMP]
Members
1,023 posts
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:20 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

THIS ^.

The Mercy Rule is unwanted, and more importantly, UNEEDED, in Co-op.

• Cool 1

Members
25 posts
15,559 battles

I agree totally.  Lots of us prep ships when new in coop as working the kinks out in boat prep, captain prep are best exercised in coop, not that circle dance called Random where no one backs up one another.

Also, Bots must stay withing the physics limits imposed on any specific ship humans choose to use at anytime. I have seen the most horrendous moves by ships incapable of doing these moves just to support some sick written code.

WOW has a right to make a buck just like anyone does but, lets do it playing straight up.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,583 battles

5SEERMg.jpg

4 minutes 27 seconds LOL

"Hi guys!  Welcome!  GG, see you next time!" :Smile_teethhappy:

Any DDs would have time for one good torpedo drop :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway