Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
donaldEpott

I have gone far in this game.

31 comments in this topic

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,120 battles

Well As of today I have 138 ships of which 51 are premium and 7 tier 10s. Very proud of what I have done thus far. 14 tier 9s and 25 tier 8s, Open thread for you all to brag about how many you all have.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,000 posts
13,671 battles

Well done and here's to many more battles and ships

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles

I am not a collector of ships . Currently I have 24 ships in port (ranging from tier 1 to 10) of which 14 are premiums and once I have the RN DD line done it will probably go back to 21 in port . I do however collect Tech Tree's . I have all the tech tree ships researched to elite status .  And as a matter of fact (since I had 360 million+  credits just sitting there) on this last anniversary since I only had 2 tier tens at the time I bought all the ones I did not have and and played them once in co-op for a total of 21 Super containers . Then sold them all again and have now recovered almost 50 Million credits back of what I lost doing this .  

:Smile_honoring:

[WOLFB]
Members
450 posts
3,836 battles
4 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

since I had 360 million+  credits just sitting there

what!!!??? That's a lot...

I don't even have 5 million credits.

I'm going to unlock Fletcher in the next few weeks and not even be able to buy it.

You are wise in the ways of the moneys... or something

Alpha Tester
5,055 posts
2,434 battles
8 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

More likely he's got a Missouri and a credit card he's not afraid to use.

• Funny 1

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,120 battles

I have both the Missouri and just got the Musashi today. I converted with gold the last 125K XP but saved up all the rest of the free XP from battles. Unlike the Missouri I just spent the cash to get it.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,981 posts
9,916 battles
1 minute ago, Jester_of_War said:

I'm going to unlock Fletcher in the next few weeks and not even be able to buy it.

Been playing since Closed Beta Weekends and so since Open Beta (when they did not reset everything) I have had the Atlanta which is a good credit earning ship as well as acquiring the Scharnhorst and Missouri ; which are even better credit earners . AND the fact that I buy premium time by the year  means pretty much that I have a net gain in credits every day that I play even when I have bad battles that I actually lose credits (partially due to only using premium consumables) . Then there are all the missions where you need to make lot's of credits which is when the Mighty Mo gets  all the credit boost signals and camo and taken out to get 500 K (in a bad match ) to 3+ Mil credits .

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,981 posts
9,916 battles
5 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Got in one ! lol .  Plus the other credit makers .

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,895 battles

185+, all techtree at max. I sold nearly all none premium ships below T5 and most T9 so it must be something like 60 premiums and all he ARP ships. I‘m sitting on 330mio. Once you have all those boats it’s hard to burn your credits, even while playing T10.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
334 posts
7,132 battles
52 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

Well As of today I have 138 ships of which 51 are premium and 7 tier 10s. Very proud of what I have done thus far. 14 tier 9s and 25 tier 8s, Open thread for you all to brag about how many you all have.

congrats on that achievement.  I have 17 T10 ships, lol it get easier and easier to grind the next line.  Good luck unlocking more :cap_horn:

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,120 battles

Ya the Conqueror was the one I just got today. I have the Montana, Des Moines, Gearing, Yamato, Shimakaze, and Hindenburg.

[PVE]
Members
9,603 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, donaldEpott said:

Congrats, that is a lot of T8+ ships. You should be proud.

I have 199 ships and I am close to getting 200.

I have every line and nation to T6. I have most to T7, with the two CVs, UK BB and PA DD being the only lines not a T7.  For T8+ I don't have many. I have Cleveland, Baltimore, N. Carolina, Ognevoi and Richelieu. I got Ognevoi in the RU DD split and Richelieu from the French BB missions, so I have only really ground the US cruiser and BB lines to T8.  I only have Buffalo and Des Moines as T9 and T10 tech tree ships.

[DENY]
Members
339 posts
4,711 battles

I think I got around 60 ship, 8 t10 soon to be 11 with daring , around 1/4 of them are premium ,  I generally only keep the ship I like or do good in ,

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,000 posts
13,671 battles
1 hour ago, Jester_of_War said:

Once you stop grinding lines that you are interested in your credits stockpile and become meaningless.       144 ships in port $400+ credits

Takes a lot of games to do though

[INTEL]
Members
793 posts
8,257 battles
23 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Once you stop grinding lines that you are interested in your credits stockpile and become meaningless.       144 ships in port $400+ credits

Takes a lot of games to do though

I'm over 300 million after recently purchasing and fully equipping GK, Gearing, and Montana. 

I have MoMoney but almost never play it. The trick is I don't grind lines. If I unlock a ship I may not even purchase it for months. I play the ships I enjoy, the rest are for when I get around to it.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,657 posts
3,924 battles
4 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Don's been around since launch pretty much. I remember a few post of his from back in the day.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,271 posts
4,224 battles
3 hours ago, Camo68 said:

Once you stop grinding lines that you are interested in your credits stockpile and become meaningless.

I made a post on the opposite situation quite recently - if several unlocks of lines you want to advance up come together, the number of credits you have left becomes meaningless. :Smile_teethhappy:

I decided quite a while ago I wasn't going to go all the way to Tier X in most lines, although I would unlock the Tier IX ships to make the Tier VIII's elite. (Might as well be earning convertible XP even if I never unlock it.) I should sit down with the Wiki during quiet times someday and work out what's the maximum I'll ever need to buy and equip all the ships I actually want. The day I stop grinding tech tree ships is the day I can start mounting all premium consumables all the time.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
19,042 battles

Got rid of all my ARPs and Dragon ships due to them not having Camo on them. And I still have 257 ships from tier one all the way to my 20 tier 10 ships . Over a Billon in credit's . Kind of slowed down playing WOWs , I became interested in War Gaming's Total War Arena which I find very interesting .  

Members
18,204 posts
5,196 battles
5 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

Biggest thing is to have a premium account, have several lines grinding, and don't rush any of them with a bunch of signals and camo. Also, skip the premium consumables unless really necessary. (like if you play a particular BB and always use all the heals, and suffer because you don't have one more) Unless you're really good, you usually won't be able to make them pay for themselves.

I don't have any big stockpiles of credits, but it never takes me long to accumulate them.

It's not about having a huge pile of credits, it's about having enough to spend when you want to spend them.

Keep in mind too, once you've played more and your grinding for ships slows down, you can't help but stockpile credits.

Edited by Skpstr

[OPG]
2,892 posts
10,457 battles

68 premiums and 22 t10s

Members
160 posts
3,009 battles

My problem is I like all the ships in all the lines...which has slowed my progress towards tier X and towards 19 point captains.  This probably also contributes to my less than stellar win rate.  But I have fun (this is not a bad thing), and I try to play each ship to the best of my ability which varies.  I tend to play my ships in groups, cruisers, battleships, and destroyers, but mostly cruisers which account for about 1/2 of my ships.  I currently have about 15 ships I'm actively "grinding", most of them at either tier 6 or 7.  Some of these I'm actively grinding, others are just in the rotation.  About 9 are premium, with both the Alabama and Missouri purchased, but not played that much.  I just wanted the Missouri while it was available, and I was tired of slow BB (Iron Duke, and New Mexico), so grabbed the Alabama.

Currently I have only 1 tier 9, and 3 I think tier 8 ships.  60 ships total in port including the 9 ARP ships. I am playing premium, so my account stays pretty stable around 30 M while I'm grinding these ships.  I can see where the credits would pile up if I wasn't grinding so many lines at once.  I have one CV, Japanese, that I'm not grinding, but I'm eagerly awaiting the carrier rework.

Japan -- BB, CA/CL

UK -- BB, CL

USA -- CA/CL

German -- CA/CL, DD

France -- CA/CL

USSR -- CA/CL, DD

Pan Asia -- DD

[PVE]
Members
108 posts
10,286 battles

I have 74 ships in my port and almost all are Premium Ships I have bought or won.I only have a small amount of low tier favorites I have kept,Clemson-Iszy-Cleveland- are just a few.Have always at least maintained a 100 Million credits in the bank just so I never have to worry about credits when I play anyship PVE or PVP. I recently sold my Zao as I found I do not play it much and Enjoy my Yammy-Hindy-Gearing-DesMoines much much more.I have decided to Grind to the Khaba and finally finish out my Shimakaze grind.Other then start to grind out 19 pointers I can finally just play and have fun and no more work.....Life is good now in my WOWS world.

Members
220 posts
7,619 battles

I don't know how many boats I have or t10s I have but I do have most of the DDs and cruisers but the most important thing is that I have over 7000 games played which has a 1:1 relationship to number of times having fun because whenever I play this game I think it's pretty fun win or lose and you can guarantee that one brohans.

Another thing that is pretty neat is that sometimes I'll grab a boat I didn't particularly like and try it out for about 10 matches and all the sudden I find out that it's actually an enjoyable boat to drive I suggest that anyone just go grab a boat you don't normally play and give it another shot because there's a chance you'll like it.

[PVE]
Members
9,603 posts
7,466 battles
1 minute ago, Pytheas said:

I don't know how many boats I have or t10s I have but I do have most of the DDs and cruisers but the most important thing is that I have over 7000 games played which has a 1:1 relationship to number of times having fun because whenever I play this game I think it's pretty fun win or lose and you can guarantee that one brohans.

Another thing that is pretty neat is that sometimes I'll grab a boat I didn't particularly like and try it out for about 10 matches and all the sudden I find out that it's actually an enjoyable boat to drive I suggest that anyone just go grab a boat you don't normally play and give it another shot because there's a chance you'll like it.

I've done that. When I first got T2 Smith, i could not figure it out. Then I played it later and it clicked.

Sign in to follow this