You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
n00bot

Best Tier 1?

15 comments in this topic

[PLPT]
Members
627 posts
6,788 battles

I have ships at all tiers... except Tier 1!  Apparently there are some legendary players at T1 who have millions of XP and 19-point captains, and I want my own T1 non-seal clubber.

So what's the best T1 ship?  Assume 19-point captain and all the mods/consumables.

Modder
1,486 posts
2,430 battles

Ha that reminds me. 

Back when all the gunhandling captain skills were reduced to DD caliber naval rifles there was much angst from everyone who enjoyed themselves some CL gameplay.  Then a few days after the patch drops up surfaces this fella to complain about it effecting the Erie.

A look at his stats revealed he was exclusively clubbing in this tub and boy he was throthing mad that he suddenly didn't have range, reload and traverse bonuses over all the competition.

It was equal measures of funny and sad.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,906 battles
1 hour ago, n00bot said:

I have ships at all tiers... except Tier 1!  Apparently there are some legendary players at T1 who have millions of XP and 19-point captains, and I want my own T1 non-seal clubber.

So what's the best T1 ship?  Assume 19-point captain and all the mods/consumables.

As to mods and consumables ; there is only one upgrade slot and only basic Dam Con consumable . As to ship ; I like the Hashidate best (and probably even more so ; tho I haven't played tier 1 for something like a half year or more ; now that the Swan has been nerfed) .

:Smile_honoring:

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Which is best is up to personal preference mostly, the differences at tier one are so small. I myself am partial to the Hermelin.

I ran into a guy once with 7000 battles in his Orlan. And it was one of only THREE ships he ever played. I just sat there, looking at his stats, with one word repeating over and over in my head. WHY?!

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,441 posts
11,693 battles

Black Swan.

He citadels for days....

[PLPT]
Members
627 posts
6,788 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Black Swan.

He citadels for days....

Post-nerf?  What was the nerf; I forget.

Members
41 posts
2,604 battles
6 hours ago, n00bot said:

It uses HE now rather than AP and the reload was nerfed from 4s to 6s.  I honestly don't know what would be the best now.  They are all very similar.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,441 posts
11,693 battles
7 hours ago, n00bot said:

She now only has HE.....

She can still citadel ships easily, even frontally. 

Members
1,559 posts
9,975 battles

Why would anyone waste a 19 pt captain on a tier 1 ship?

• Funny 1

[FOG]
Members
326 posts
4,815 battles

In terms of Coop battles and given the nerfs (both recent and forthcoming) for the Black Swan I note the fun playing the Hermelin. It is fast with rapid firing guns. As the solo non-bot I have been able to get all 8 red bots (to be clear, only once) and routinely get 6 or 7.....it is a blast to play....

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

Black Swan is my pick.

Members
16,046 posts
14,423 battles
On 10/4/2018 at 8:34 AM, STINKWEED_ said:

Why would anyone waste a 19 pt captain on a tier 1 ship?

A buddy of mine talked about one of the first clans he was with that only did Tier I :Smile_teethhappy:

[RNG]
Members
51 posts
6,643 battles

No one likes the Chengan eh?  I was hitting cit with HE and angles that I wouldn't think could pen but did.  Mind you I haven't played much at 1 but I think it would be the one I would take.  

[WOLF9]
Members
3,239 posts
On 10/8/2018 at 7:51 PM, Basemastar said:

No one likes the Chengan eh?  I was hitting cit with HE and angles that I wouldn't think could pen but did.  Mind you I haven't played much at 1 but I think it would be the one I would take.  

Oh, I definitely love that ship!   It, and Bougainville are my go to tier 1's when I need some gunboat fun.    Both will citadel the doo-doo out of things, and both are fun to play.

I have a French Dasha in my Bou- and I swear it makes the ship better, lol.

[WOLFB]
Members
449 posts
3,833 battles

The thing about Tier 1 is that it's almost it's own separate game. All the ships are similar enough that it is really balanced. But each one brings it's open special spent to the fight. Do you want range? Stealth? Maneuverability? Alpha strike? DPM? There's a Ship for that.

I recommend you look at the specs and compare them all and figure out what each ship is good at. Since tier 1 only sees other tier 1 ships, it's easier to compare ships directly.

Then go play them all (they're free!) and play to those strengths. And have a blast doing it.

And in the process you learn what the different parameters and performance characteristics are that matter and you'll be better at addressing higher tier ships.

(And then say eff it all and play Black Swan cos it's the best. :cap_rambo:)

• Cool 1