You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vak_

WG playing mind games again

14 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,779 posts
6,788 battles

Royal Navy hall of fame points scale is not at all consistent with numbers displayed:

bU5inG8.png

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

Equally funny is that neither of those matches the literal criteria for silver (50th percentile), gold (75th percentile), diamond (90th percentile), or superior (top 100).

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles

Play the Kraney Creme. They feel sorry for you for playing the worst ship in history.

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,779 posts
6,788 battles
17 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Equally funny is that neither of those matches the literal criteria for silver (50th percentile), gold (75th percentile), diamond (90th percentile), or superior (top 100).

Where do these criteria come from? Sorry if the question is dumb

Members
906 posts
10 battles
17 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Play the Kraney Creme. They feel sorry for you for playing the worst ship in history.

The Krasney Kreme is not that bad of a ship. It is an upgraded Svetlana. I do well in her on the rare occasions I play her. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles
18 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Where do these criteria come from? Sorry if the question is dumb

I believe those are the definitions of the reward cutoffs for the Hall of Fame. They're in-game, and probably in the announcement page as well.

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,779 posts
6,788 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I believe those are the definitions of the reward cutoffs for the Hall of Fame. They're in-game, and probably in the announcement page as well.

Oh. Then yeah, its ridiculous. The numbers do not line up at all. Is WG trying to piss off people like me on purpose? :)

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles
18 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Oh. Then yeah, its ridiculous. The numbers do not line up at all. Is WG trying to piss off people like me on purpose? :)

Most likely it's because the cutoffs would have been even more nonlinear, and the labels would have crunched up on the right-hand side of the screen. So a compromise for readability.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles
4 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

The Krasney Kreme is not that bad of a ship. It is an upgraded Svetlana. I do well in her on the rare occasions I play her. 

I was kind of joking about it. I bought it when it first came out and hated it. Sold it for a sandwich and diet coke. About three months later there was some kind of miision that came out and you had to use a among other ships a tier 5 or above Soviet cruiser. I had no soviet cruisers and I really wanted the reward ship. Bought the Krasney again and watched videos. Watched this one though and the guy knew everything about that ship. How to use it, captain skills everything. I practiced hard in co-op. Used her to get the reward. Used all my elite xp and got a 19 point captain in her. Took her from a 24% WR to 50%. Have 550 games in her and I play mainly BBs. She's a fire breathing little dragon.

Members
906 posts
10 battles
15 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I was kind of joking about it. I bought it when it first came out and hated it. Sold it for a sandwich and diet coke. About three months later there was some kind of miision that came out and you had to use a among other ships a tier 5 or above Soviet cruiser. I had no soviet cruisers and I really wanted the reward ship. Bought the Krasney again and watched videos. Watched this one though and the guy knew everything about that ship. How to use it, captain skills everything. I practiced hard in co-op. Used her to get the reward. Used all my elite xp and got a 19 point captain in her. Took her from a 24% WR to 50%. Have 550 games in her and I play mainly BBs. She's a fire breathing little dragon.

I like to joke that the Krasney is invisible in game. There will be times I am blazing away at a battleship 10k away. They never even bother to shoot at me, as if I do not represent a great enough threat for them to acknowledge. I have typed in game You can see me right? Because I thought my client or the server was glitched and people couldn't see me lol. 

Members
1,084 posts
6,009 battles
21 hours ago, vak_ said:

The percent numbers are are not  percentages of the top score or any set score, they are percentiles of players. Thus, the actual cutoff numbers depend upon the scores of every participant. And that's why the numbers move around all the time.

You wanna be in the top 50%?  Being at 50% of the top score isn't the criteria... being in the top 50% of all players scores, is.

Members
1,345 posts
504 battles
On 10/4/2018 at 2:01 PM, UssIowaSailor said:

OK, after reading this thread and THEN reading the PM I GOT I am going  to ask.... WHICH account do you play the kreme on.... and WHY did I post this in public??? Well after reading said PM I think this post deserves a little explaining after you saying you play a certain ship and don't even have it...
Unless you are like me and post with RR account.... in which case.... well, still need explaining for the ship and the PM....
anyway... the Krispy Kreme is wonderful when it is on the red team and I go toe to toe.....

[PVE]
Members
195 posts
5,297 battles
6 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

The percent numbers are are not  percentages of the top score or any set score, they are percentiles of players. Thus, the actual cutoff numbers depend upon the scores of every participant. And that's why the numbers move around all the time.

You wanna be in the top 50%?  Being at 50% of the top score isn't the criteria... being in the top 50% of all players scores, is.

yeha, I suspect people misinterpret the graph. I'd expect the number of points is not the scale, it is where the buckets of percentiles begin. But that is probably hard for people to wrap their heads around. Perhaps they should just have used a histogram chart.

Edited by evanr1940