You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

DC vs AFK

17 comments in this topic

[SAA]
Members
856 posts
27,305 battles

So a little clarification please, I was under the impression that if you get DC'd (lose internet connection) the guns on your ship will be trained fore and aft, but if you are AFK (Making lunch and forgetting you are in the queue and thus sending your ship into battle with out you there to run it) your guns will train ether to the port side or starboard.  Am I wrong on this?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles

You're right. In essence, once the player client loads in, your guns traverse towards the reticle. If the connection breaks, they go 12 and 6.

• Cool 3

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles

You could div with me and try both ways and I'll let you know... ;) 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[PWH]
Members
86 posts
4,876 battles

What about when you at sitting on the loading screen for 5 to 10 minutes. I don't know why, but it's been happening a lot more of late and it's been making me upset.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
597 posts
9,402 battles

If you are dc'd BEFORE match starts, your guns will remain "neutral" until you are re-connected.  If you dc DURING a match, your guns will remain in whatever position you had them at when you dc'd.  In the past few months, I've dc'd twice, and both times when I reconnected, my guns were pointed where they were when I dc'd.  I also divi with a friend who has internet issues every now and again, and his guns will remain where they were pointed when it happened.  It USED to be that if you dc'd during a match, your guns would go "neutral".  Wish they would bring that back, but in a way I can understand why they did it.  For a ship with slow turrets, coming back to your guns at "neutral" can cost you if you haven't been sunk already.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

You're right. In essence, once the player client loads in, your guns traverse towards the reticle. If the connection breaks, they go 12 and 6.

That changed somewhere along the line, now they stay pointing in the last direction they were before the DC.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,850 posts
1,332 battles
17 minutes ago, SteeLeviathan said:

What about when you at sitting on the loading screen for 5 to 10 minutes. I don't know why, but it's been happening a lot more of late and it's been making me upset.

If you're sitting at the loading screen for more than 30 seconds after game start (you can usually see them moving in the mini-map on the loading screen), kill the game process and relaunch.  It should launch you right into the match.  

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

If you're sitting at the loading screen for more than 30 seconds after game start (you can usually see them moving in the mini-map on the loading screen, kill the game process and relaunch.  It should launch you right into the match.  

This. ^

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That changed somewhere along the line, now they stay pointing in the last direction they were before the DC.

Huh.

Well, that still only happens if you were at one point loaded in. If you never do, your guns are still 12 and 6 I think?

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,850 posts
1,332 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Huh.

Well, that still only happens if you were at one point loaded in. If you never do, your guns are still 12 and 6 I think?

If never connected, I think that's correct.  I've relaunched into the match after being left at the load screen, and I was fore-and-aft at spawn when I loaded.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Huh.

Just now, mavfin87 said:

If never connected, I think that's correct.  I've relaunched into the match after being left at the load screen, and I was fore-and-aft at spawn when I loaded.

Which does make it an excellent way to see if they never connected.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,137 battles

I don't know how you guys can tell what direction the guns are pointed after reconnecting. Every time I've reconnected I don't have a ship any more:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

I've had issues with client crashes and freezes as opposed to DC...and I don't think those are handled the same way.  My ship, if it's still floating when I load back in (if I can), has often continued executing some action for some period of time after my game died.  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,860 battles

If i have a slow load i notice my guns are trained at cursed.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,449 posts
8,107 battles

Also, as someone who at random loads late - even if the turrets have traversed, the player may not be in the game, despite being at the screen. I've loaded in and my rear turrets are traversed to the right and the match is 2 minutes in already.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,400 battles

I had a game 3 nights ago. Loaded up and just as battle stations was announced my wife spilled dinner all over the kitchen floor. She's screaming for help so I hit the exit button in random. Cleaned up the kitchen etc. Got back on and had a message and warning for my actions. I was pinked. Sat back and just kind of chuckled to myself. I've played over 6000 times and was pinked once and I deserved it. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
51 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Also, as someone who at random loads late - even if the turrets have traversed, the player may not be in the game, despite being at the screen. I've loaded in and my rear turrets are traversed to the right and the match is 2 minutes in already.

If you get to the loading screen your turrets will turn. They only stay in the parked position if you don't get that far.