Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

Normal for Ranked battles?

5 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
431 posts
5,743 battles

I've recently started dipping my toe into ranked battles.  It's something I've been avoiding, because I didn't want to be the guy that dragged down the team when the results of a match matter a bit more than randoms.  But I usually do fairly well in RN CLs, and I've got a 54% win rate in random battles with Edinburgh.  So I figured I'd give tier 8 ranked a try.  Win rate so far is only 33%, but it's only six battles, so it's not really statistically significant.  When I'm in the matches, it feels like I'm contributing.  I've been the last guy left alive in a couple of the losing matches, and it's not because I'm hanging back.  In 3 out of 6 matches there were no DDs on either side, and the Edinburgh was the closest thing concealment-wise, so I was sort of acting as a pseudo-DD as much as possible.  I think I've ended up with well over 200k credits per game, even for the losses.  So I want to keep playing, but I want to make sure I'm not dragging down team mates.  Are the stats below bad enough I should quit for now?  Or give it a few more matches?

Edit:  The "destroyed by other means" was from secondaries.  I get a surprising amount of damage, including the occasional kill, from the secondaries on this ship.

ranked Edinburgh.JPG

Edited by zubalkabir

[B2P]
Members
511 posts
13,598 battles

If you are enjoying it, then give it a few more matches.  Some of the rewards for the various ranks are decent.  You are averaging 1 kill per game, so I would say you are at least holding your own, and your XP amounts suggest you are contributing somewhat beyond that.

Members
687 posts
4,368 battles

The Edinburgh isn't particularly good for Ranked. With radar it can be effective at fighting enemy DDs but if you end up in a game with few or no DDs basically any other cruiser would be a better option. The lack of HE can really end up hurting you. You can't set fires and since IFHE isn't an option you really need to see broadsides to deal significant damage. Sometimes the heal and torpedoes come up big. 

That being said the player matters more than the ship. If you know what you're doing in the Edinburgh you're already more useful to the team than most people playing Ranked. Just keep playing. There are plenty of people in Ranked worse than you. If at 10 or 20 games or more you're still at a below average WR then it might be time to reconsider your approach or your ship choice. 

[R-F1]
Members
8 posts
7,791 battles

There are 46% win rate with over 700 games in this season alone playing ranked in the premier league.You do you boo and just have fun!

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,322 battles

Wouldn’t worry about dragging teams down.  Play a few more and you’ll find yourself cursibg someone.

Sign in to follow this