You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gatorken

Tier 10 Premium Cammo

16 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
Members
37 posts
5,638 battles

Does Tier 10 premium camouflage ever go on sale? 5000 doubloons ($23) seems a bit much to me.  I'd rather have a premium ship to make up the tier 10 silver losses. Sorry, This has probably been asked before but I'm feelin to lazy.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,882 posts
1,338 battles

It does happen, but it's pretty rare.   WG doesn't have Tier X losing silver by accident for free-to-play players.  They want you to fund either premium time or premium camo, or both, or have to get the silver back some other way.

Time or money!

[RST]
Members
333 posts
6,919 battles

Premium camo was on sale earlier this year at 50% off, can't recall exactly when but it was before the US cruiser split because I picked up Cleveland Camo for 500 doubloons so now have Pensacola and Cleveland permacamo (which means I don't have to run around with an eagle perched on my Cleveland bridge...).  I had not at that time quite grasped the desirability of tier X permacamo so I did not buy any, and now wish I had. 

If you are patient you may be rewarded, but it may be a while. 

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
151 posts
5,906 battles

I had a few Doubloons from Santa boxes, etc.  I bought the 5k gold perma camo for the Worcester, Gearing, Shim and DM.  With the -50% to the servicing and 100% XP, it has made playing those tier X's profitable.  Until I purchased the camo, I had absolutely no desire to play anything above Tier 8 due to the cost of service.  I may suggest you wait for Santa boxes, since that was a more than generous giving on WGs part, and very much appreciated by myself and others.  If you have a very favorite Tier X ship, looking into the camo may be good for you?  Make sure to check that the camo has the -50% service reduction before you buy. Hope this helps.  As for sales on the camo, I am not certain due to old age. :)

Members
1,459 posts
12,348 battles

Happens rarely, did have one event where based upon the number of doubloons spent, you got so many back, so backend discount ( bought camo for my Hindy).  

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,882 posts
1,338 battles
2 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Happens rarely, did have one event where based upon the number of doubloons spent, you got so many back, so backend discount ( bought camo for my Hindy).  

Yeah, I bought some camos from that event as well.

[-TKS-]
Members
303 posts
6,028 battles
54 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

Premium camo was on sale earlier this year at 50% off, can't recall exactly when but it was before the US cruiser split because I picked up Cleveland Camo for 500 doubloons so now have Pensacola and Cleveland permacamo (which means I don't have to run around with an eagle perched on my Cleveland bridge...).  I had not at that time quite grasped the desirability of tier X permacamo so I did not buy any, and now wish I had. 

If you are patient you may be rewarded, but it may be a while. 

in the many years ive been playing that was the only time ive seen them on sale too. So rarely is a understatement . 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,684 posts
3,832 battles

Tier 10 camos so far were never offered for sale even during the camo sales event where only up to tier 9 camos were on sale.

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,684 battles

If you play regularly, I would suggest buying premium time instead.  That way you can earn more credits from all your ships, not just one tier 10.

[EQRN]
Members
346 posts
8,970 battles

The camo sale only went up to T9.  There was a 10% doubloons-back event a few months ago, so spend 5k on T10 perms camo and get 500 back.  Other than that, sales on doubloons are the only, indirect, way to get T10 camo discounts.  Which is why I never pass up an opportunity for free T10 camos (Yamato, Wooster, Des Moines) no matter how hideous they may look.

[SYJ]
Members
37 posts
5,638 battles

Thanks I pay for premium time but it’s not enough to offset tier 10 costs especially with my skill set.

[ICBM]
Members
371 posts
8,224 battles
6 minutes ago, gatorken said:

Thanks I pay for premium time but it’s not enough to offset tier 10 costs especially with my skill set.

Double Down and get premium camo...

[PVE]
Members
9,802 posts
7,492 battles
16 minutes ago, gatorken said:

9 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

Double Down and get premium camo...

This^^^

If you are going to keep a ship, perma-camo can really help with the silver earnings. Especially, T10 perma-camo. It gives a -50% discount on the service fee (180k silver to 90k silver) and also includes a +20% credit boost. The T9 perma-camo only offers a -20% service fee discount (120k to 96k silver), but does offer the +100% XP that T10 perma-camo does.

T6-T8 perma-camo offers a -10% service fee discount, so it is like running a -10% discount flag. It has a +50% XP bonus, so it is like an XP flag. Both bonuses also stack with the flag and Clan bonuses. Your Clan can get up to a -15% service fee discount with the right buildings, so you can get from -35% with perma-camo, clan and flag bonus to as much as -75% service fee discount with T10 perma-camo, flag and clan bonuses.

I would suggest only buying perma-camo for those ships that you plan to keep and play a lot. The type 6 one-use camo is 50 doubloon and offers +100% XP. So unless you are going to play 20 (1k doubloon camo) to 100 (5k doubloon camo) or more battles in the ship, skip the perma-camo.

[VFW]
Members
941 posts
21,266 battles

Been in the game since it went public.   Only one time were main line perma camo on sale...and that was early this year.   Now T10 perma camo was not included in that sale I think...might be wrong.

Anyway, don't expect perma camos at a discount anytime soon....

vr,