Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheLastReaper

Minsk IFHE?

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
292 posts

Hey guys I made a thread in the past about Minsk Captain builds and one thing that came through was to not take IFHE.

I keep wondering about this though. I just had a game where I handed 207 shots but like 134 of them shattered! I felt so trolled that match!

That said I'm averaging good damage overall in the Minsk at 49,760 and I do my best to hit the superstructure but anywhere else on a BB and my shells shatter. In fact overall probably the vast majority of shells I have fired at BBs in Minsk have shattered. There are lots of games where I get as many shatters as I get pens. Would IFHE help or do I just need to aim better? Or do i just accept the shatters?

 

Edited by TheLastReaper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,196 posts
12,716 battles

IFHE will allow you to directly damage 25mm plating which is very common at those tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
292 posts
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

IFHE will allow you to directly damage 25mm plating which is very common at those tiers.

I just feel so confused now... it makes sense to me seeing as tier 7 BBs and tier 8 cruisers will have 25mm armor but basically no  one, including someone form 07 who had a claim to being the best Minsk player, in the last threat recommended it in their builds... is it just because if I aim better i don't need IFHE? Or is that whole thread wrong?

Edited by TheLastReaper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
873
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,445 posts
8,092 battles

Unless it has something other than the usual RU 130 mm guns, IFHE will up the pen to a max 28 mm of armour. That is pretty much any cruiser you see, other than main belt, and BB's at least tier 7 and down. Any BB tier 8 and up - you have to work on your aim. And even with IFHE that can pen say CO bow armour, you have to make sure your hitting bow/deck not the turrets. 

 

And them being number 1 Minsk player means preciously nothing. They may have a playstyle, and therefore skill setup, incompatible with your own. Do I personally have IFHE on my Minsk, no, not at this time, would I consider trading AFT so I could have it and CE - yes. But keep in mind I played this game long before IFHE ever was introduced - so I'm used to a ton of shatters and relying more on fires. Which is why people will say take DE, as it ups the chance because even shatters start fires, it's why fires were balanced as they were, and why the IFHE/fire combo has caused balance issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,316 posts
501 battles
1 hour ago, TheLastReaper said:

I just feel so confused now... it makes sense to me seeing as tier 7 BBs and tier 8 cruisers will have 25mm armor but basically no  one, including someone form 07 who had a claim to being the best Minsk player, in the last threat recommended it in their builds... is it just because if I aim better i don't need IFHE? Or is that whole thread wrong?

well perhaps of we could actually SEE what you can do in it rather than have to guess at hidden players claims to fame... we might actually have something going here...
 

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
292 posts
4 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

well perhaps of we could actually SEE what you can do in it rather than have to guess at hidden players claims to fame... we might have something going here...

What i asked has nothing to do with what my stats are. Besides someone like you with 481 battles is not someone who has any place caring about stats lol... you haven't even played the Minsk or any tier 7 so why are you here whining?

Quote

 talking ill about others while hiding, well, that is just plain silly now isn't it...

And where the hell did I talk ill about anyone expect about you just above? Learn to read....

Edited by TheLastReaper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,316 posts
501 battles
Just now, TheLastReaper said:

What i asked has nothing to do with what my stats are. Besides someone like you with 481 battles is not someone who has any place caring about stats lol...

And where have I talked ill about anyone expect about you just above?

sry  wrong guy.... wrong thread... got confused..
AND I HAVE over 8K battles, just sayin....

I dont appreciate hidden players is all... not really so much YOU but mostly the trash talkers and insist they are great and thier history says otherwise so they hide...
Anyway sry for the confusion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
292 posts
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

sry  wrong guy.... wrong thread... got confused..
AND I HAVE over 8K battles, just sayin....

I dont appreciate hidden players is all... not really so much YOU but mostly the trash talkers and insist they are great and thier history says otherwise so they hide...
Anyway sry for the confusion

nvm...

Edited by TheLastReaper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
568
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,777 battles
2 hours ago, TheLastReaper said:

Hey guys I made a thread in the past about Minsk Captain builds and one thing that came through was to not take IFHE.

I keep wondering about this though. I just had a game where I handed 207 shots but like 134 of them shattered! I felt so trolled that match!

That said I'm averaging good damage overall in the Minsk at 49,760 and I do my best to hit the superstructure but anywhere else on a BB and my shells shatter. In fact overall probably the vast majority of shells I have fired at BBs in Minsk have shattered. There are lots of games where I get as many shatters as I get pens. Would IFHE help or do I just need to aim better? Or do i just accept the shatters?

 

Take IFHE it will allow you to deal damage to a wider range of targets in the tier range you will see. I'm not the best is Minsk but have a 63K average in it and a 2100 WTR and over 140 games in it so I do have some experience in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×