You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wildgooseman

The Last German E-Boat (Schnellboot)

8 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,019 posts

Shame that it was reduced to a 'houseboat' before finally getting picked up by those who know its historical value. 

(Also a travesty that the super cool 'low profile' bridge was replaced with a 'steering house' (I believe S100 and beyond all had the combat bridges). Not sure if this was done by the 'houseboat' owners or during its various military uses after the war.)

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

Crew of 35 vs 12 and two officers on a PT boat. Aluminum vs wood.  Interesting approaches, thanks very much for posting this.

Edited by nagasakee

[TDRB]
Members
1,085 posts
4,161 battles

Interesting. Operation Tiger cost 746 lives.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
20 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Shame that it was reduced to a 'houseboat' before finally getting picked up by those who know its historical value. 

(Also a travesty that the super cool 'low profile' bridge was replaced with a 'steering house' (I believe S100 and beyond all had the combat bridges). Not sure if this was done by the 'houseboat' owners or during its various military uses after the war.)

Becoming a house boat probably saved it. The new bridge house could have been either the house boat owner or the later military training group for the better weather protection as it was not going to see combat.

Members
1,768 posts
795 battles
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Another vid for when I get home from work.

Yep. 

There are a bunch today.