You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainStevieX

How to win an unwinnable game

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
56 posts
6,552 battles

By the end of this game, we had definitely lost by any reasonable standard. And I won it for the team, and in a pretty cool way at the very end. ;)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Members
762 posts
15,824 battles

Here's one of mine (from the Russian server):

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
56 posts
6,552 battles

May be a Tier 1 match filled with the potatoes that we'd expect to see there, but very well done Laalaa! That was definitely turning around a near no-win situation. :)

• Boring 1

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,074 battles

Awesome! Was so funny at the end. Great playing and great video. 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,520 battles

The quote "Never give up, never surrender." Comes to mind with this. I forget where I heard that quote...

[WOLF2]
Members
1,325 posts
13,061 battles
5 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

The quote "Never give up, never surrender." Comes to mind with this. I forget where I heard that quote...

I'm sure many have said it over the ages … but Churchill turned it into a popular rally cry

Edited by Commander_367

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,244 posts
1,822 battles

Enemy team title:

How to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

I wonder what their team chat looked like in the lead up to that.

• Funny 1

[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles
14 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

That would be Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,520 battles
8 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I'm sure many have said it over the ages … but Churchill turned it into a popular rally cry

That would be the mixing of two of his quotes. He never uttered the words "Never Give Up, Never Surrender," in such a manner.

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."--Winston Churchill, Radio broadcast, July 14, 1940.

And

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense."--Winston Churchill, speech at Harrow School, Harrow, England, October 29, 1941.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,520 battles
4 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

That would be Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest

Not Tim Allen, the alien guy who looks human, with that stupid robotic like voice. That's the voice I hear, when I read those words. Though yes, Tim allen does utter those words in that movie. Thanks for giving me the movie name, it helped jog my memory.

[PLPT]
Members
632 posts
6,810 battles

You wouldn’t believe the number of times I’ve seen people not running away for an easy win and charging with guns blazing instead... even in Ranked at Tier 5. :Smile_facepalm:

[WOLF2]
Members
1,325 posts
13,061 battles
11 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

That would be the mixing of two of his quotes. He never uttered the words "Never Give Up, Never Surrender," in such a manner.

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."--Winston Churchill, Radio broadcast, July 14, 1940.

And

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense."--Winston Churchill, speech at Harrow School, Harrow, England, October 29, 1941.

Yeah, 

I just thought you were summarizing a famous speech/speeches

I still pick Churchill over Tim Allen :)

Edited by Commander_367

[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles
9 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Not Tim Allen, the alien guy who looks human, with that stupid robotic like voice. That's the voice I hear, when I read those words. Though yes, Tim allen does utter those words in that movie. Thanks for giving me the movie name, it helped jog my memory.

I think he was quoting Tim Allen's character's character, because it was his catchphrase from the star trek-style show they'd done that inspired the aliens.  But you're welcome.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,520 battles
56 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

I think he was quoting Tim Allen's character's character, because it was his catchphrase from the star trek-style show they'd done that inspired the aliens.  But you're welcome.

that is correct, but that stupid voice of his, is what locks it in my memory, I just couldn't remember the movie name.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles
6 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

that is correct, but that stupid voice of his, is what locks it in my memory, I just couldn't remember the movie name.

Haha!  He was like a cross between the Mooninites from ATHF and a conehead.