You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Battlewagon Wednesday - The German Navy

42 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
901 posts
5,988 battles

Image result for battleships attacking

*pictured - The Hochseeflotte sailing in formation in the North Sea in 1916

German warship captains, which ship is the one you enjoy taking to battle?

From nimble destroyers, sniping cruisers, heavily armored battleships, as well as a fearsome aircraft carrier, the German warship line is vast and formidable.

Many captains have tried most of them out and have one or a few selected as ships they frequently take out to battle.

Whether its the Hochseeflotte or Kreigsmarine, which German warship(s) do you sortie out with the rest of the Fleet?

"The art of politics consists in knowing precisely when it is necessary to hit an opponent slightly below the belt." - Konrad Adenauer, West German Chancellor

#battlewagonwednesday

#anchorsaweigh

• Angry 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles

I've been rediscovering Bismarck lately, trying to exploit the Hydro to maximum effect.  GK, Scharn, Gneis, Tirpitz, and Bayern are all in mothballs at the moment, as are the lower tier ships.   Been more concentrating on US and French BBs.

I will say that I'm loving Prinz Eugen though!  The latest change really upped her fun factor.

• Cool 1

Members
18,312 posts
5,232 battles

Love all the German cruisers, very versatile. Hindy and KBerg are my favorites though.

I like all the BBs from T5-8 too, no real favorites, as they each have a different something about them that makes them enjoyable to play.

• Cool 1

Members
18,312 posts
5,232 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I've been rediscovering Bismarck lately, trying to exploit the Hydro to maximum effect.

Nothing stirs the blood like leading a brute force push into a cap, hydro and planes up, with secondaries rippling, dodging torps and annhilating enemies without missing a beat.

• Cool 2

[1IF]
Members
79 posts
2,727 battles

V-170 was a blast.  But my favorite German ship right now has to be the Graf Spee.  

• Cool 4

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,858 posts
7,159 battles
16 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

From nimble destroyers, sniping cruisers, heavily armored battleships, as well as a fearsome aircraft carrier, the German warship line is vast and formidable.

I suddenly feel shy all over, am I allowed to blush?

Spoiler

Of course, since Zeppelin, no other ship matters. All are equalized.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,805 battles

Fat Albert, shiny horse, prinze ugene, yorkey, hindy and z23..

Still trying to nail down my play on z52.

• Cool 1

Members
161 posts
3,009 battles

Graf Spee, Nurnberg, and Konigsberg.  Even the York has grown on me as I have played more battles in it, and I'm looking forward to the Adm. Hipper.  I haven't started the BBs yet, and have mixed results in the DD line, only just unlocked the Ernst Gaede.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,919 posts
10,727 battles

Cruisers:

• Konigsberg
  • Prinz Eugen/Admiral Hipper
  • Hindenburg

Battleships:

• Konig
  • Bayern
  • GK

Destroyers:

• T-61
  • Cool 1

[MLPVA]
Members
155 posts
2,837 battles

Bismarck, Prinz Eugen, Scharnhorst, and Großer Kurfürst are my frequent ships. The HSF Graf Spee is another good one, and I've been climbing my way up the DD line, currently on the Maas.

• Cool 1

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

T22 and Gaede are currently my favorites. Their balance between torp and gun is nice. Still grinding the line. 

• Cool 1

[PNP]
Members
393 posts
2,970 battles

FdG I hated so much.

Hindy and Scharnhorst are complete gems. Graf Spee too.

• Cool 1

Members
22 posts
1,248 battles

It feels extremely unfair to take Konigsberg into a mostly T4 game. I feel kind of bad.

Other than that, the Hipper is great and I'm looking forward to progressing through the DD line too, as the ones I've played already seem well-rounded and fun. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles
1 hour ago, Z0RAK said:

V-170 was a blast.  But my favorite German ship right now has to be the Graf Spee.  

I really need to play my Graf Spee more.   You’re right that she’s super fun.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,691 posts
9,098 battles

The Hindenburg has been my go to ship for CW although it hasn't seen much action in randoms.

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
76 posts
5,891 battles

Scharnhorst is definitely my favorite; especially now that it has the new Sharks Tooth camo. Just slightly behind it is the Bismark - gotta love them secondaries!

• Cool 1

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

Hindenburg - the only tech tree German cruiser I own/kept. My most played ship, period.

Scharnhorst - everyone laughed when I called her the best Tier IX cruiser in the game. Whatever, great ship. I don’t sail her often because I’m not much of a BB Captain.

Tirpitz - the torps force some terrible decisions, interesting tactical options.

• Cool 1

Members
108 posts
8,414 battles

Germans are good on WoWs

DD: v170, T61 and Z39

CA/CL: Kolberg, Nurnberg and Graf Spee

BBs: Konig Albert; Gneisenau and Schanhorst

• Cool 1

[HBR]
[HBR]
Alpha Tester
97 posts
6,053 battles

Cruisers:
-Graf Spee
-Admiral Hipper
-Hindenburg

Battleships:
-Gneisenau
-Bismarck
-Tirpitz
-Grosser Kurfurst

Destroyers:
-Z23
-Z46

I did try out the Graf Zeppelin as a pirate captain but I do not have it on my main account. I did like it back then.

• Cool 1

[BLHK]
Members
358 posts
3,462 battles

Graf Spee has the most potential of the German ships I have driven. Unfortunately I have never been able to dial her in

After that I like taking the Hipper out for the occasional Sunday stroll around the park.

• Cool 2

Members
5,098 posts
3,075 battles

Love german ships, but none are fun to play. They're all either bad or mediocre right now, save for maybe the 8-10 cruisers and tier 10 DD. German BBs are trash rn in the "fire spamming hide behind islands" meta, especially at high tier. They were biult for close range brawling but that is the antithesis of the current meta, and plus anything with torps beats them at close range due to their lack of them, unreliable guns, and horrific torpedo protection.

• Cool 1