Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

3 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
9,807 battles

Other than Sea Wolves League.. this The 10th Season of Ranked has come to a close for me. I thought I'd share some of my thoughts/experiences and hope other community members join in and share there's. 

To Start, I completed the previous season at Rank 1 as well using a Des Moines. Des Moines is definitely my favorite of the cruisers in the game, and I ground it down for most of this season. I got a wild hair and decided to try out the Montana after playing predominantly playing cruisers. The results speak for themselves. With the cruisers I'd have this back and forth game play where I'd dominate with a good team and be top player, then go to the next match and lose and be somewhere in the middle/bottoms. With the Montana, all these problems melted away. I suddenly was able to make shots/cits/deletions on the nagging opposing cruisers even when they were hiding with use of the spotter plane. Most of the time I could engage them outside of their range with little push back if any. So what was intense, stressful and extremely unforgiving got turned upside down. Additionally when DD' showed themselves, I could usually punish them up 15K reliably, my last game I deleted a gearing and Mino in 2 separate salvos. I guess to Wrap up, going from American Radar Cruisers to a BB, I'll never look back. The game play and game style worlds less stressful and far more rewarding.

For the most part, this season started off rough, I spent an awful amount of time in the 11-9 range, then 8-5, then 6-5 and once I hit 4 it was but a few days and I was at 1. Ranks 3 and 2 were completed in a few hours. I believe only a couple of loses with even less stars lost at those ranks. Only hit 2.4 once and then ranked out on first try.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
5,308 posts
9,134 battles

Nice work.  I've been hovering around R5, but haven't had much time to put in to get much further.  Not too worried if I don't rank out, though.  The T10 slog has been tiresome, which has led me to take out not so popular ships like Henri IV and Grozovoi to break the stalemate.  I'm actually having fun in them, even if they aren't the most popular choice amongst teammates.

Still yearning for the day a new Ranked season is something other than T10.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this