You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

My Captain skills for my Future U - 96 Premium Submarine

16 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,166 posts
15,101 battles

Hi Submarines Fans

Well there is no time like the present to start to train up those future Sub Captains, so I am already thinking ahead for my first premium German U - Boat and will working on its new Captain.

priority_target_alt1.png  Priority Target you will need this skill when sailing on the surface at high speed with the Fleet, it will come in handy knowing how many BBs are firing at you and when to leave the area in a hurry.

expert_marksman_alt1.png Expert Marksman, this skill will be a life saver If you get caught on the surface and have to duke it out with a Cruiser, your going to need fast turret rotation for that single  8.8 cm deck gun, seconds count in this kind of battle situation.

last_stand_alt1.png Last Stand, no self respecting Sub driver is going to leave this skill off his ship when facing a brawling Battleship a good Captain needs is engines running at full speed in a fight like this.

superintendent_alt1.png Superintendent will be invaluable to your Captain giving you that extra oxygen consumable and for premium Sub drivers that bonus dive consumable ( Known as thermal layer ) giving you the opportunity to dive deeper to avoid those pesky depth charges

torpedo_armament_expertise_alt1.png Torpedo Armament Expertise, another must have skill for your Captain  this extra boost in speed will come in handy for those daring commanders that like to get in close to there prey.

concealment_expert_alt1.png Concealment Expert will give you a much added boost to your stealth as you try sneak past those destroyers and cap for your team, also will be a great skill combining it with TAE to strike hard against unsuspecting CVs and then slip away in silence.

advanced_firing_training_alt1.png Advance Fire Training, when your teams pushing that cap and all ships are needed for battle that extra range from AFT could mean the difference between victory and defeat, not mention that extra AA range from your one and only 2cm C30 AA gun that could save that near defenceless battleship from a devastating CV strike from AP dive bombers. 

Well I don't what guys are doing but I'm starting my Sub Captain training right now, exciting times are not that far away and I want my Subs ready and prepared.

I cant wait to get my Subs out into Wolf Packs with my fellow Clan members and go hunt down those BBbabies

regards  

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[FOG]
Members
329 posts
4,845 battles

Very well thought out skills.....Thanks for the food for thought....cannot wait for my personal "Enemy Below"......

• Cool 1

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,290 battles

I envision a re-work of the captain skills for when subs are introduced into the regular game.

Members
1,084 posts
6,009 battles
56 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Well there is no time like the present to start to train up those future Sub Captains, so I am already thinking ahead...

1. I have to think there will be a captain skill addition/rework for submarines (if they come to the regular game)

2. Subs could be like carriers, and have a different signal flag count limit. Expect the possibility of different flags, as well.

3. The real question is though: Will camos lose all effects when submerged?

4. The other real questions: Will signal flags have an effect when submerged? Will they be swept away when submerged? If not, will will each flag flailing around underwater impose a speed penalty?

If anyone has to wonder, real questions 3 and 4 are offered in jest.

Members
1,817 posts
816 battles

If subs make it all the way to regular game play (even if only normal ops) there needs to be an all pink camo.

• Funny 1

[ICE9]
Members
836 posts
27 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If subs make it all the way to regular game play (even if only normal ops) there needs to be an all pink camo.

And yellow. For the RN, doncha know.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,710 posts
8,135 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Hi Submarines Fans

Well there is no time like the present to start to train up those future Sub Captains, so I am already thinking ahead for my first premium German U - Boat and will working on its new Captain.

priority_target_alt1.png  Priority Target you will need this skill when sailing on the surface at high speed with the Fleet, it will come in handy knowing how many BBs are firing at you and when to leave the area in a hurry.

expert_marksman_alt1.png Expert Marksman, this skill will be a life saver If you get caught on the surface and have to duke it out with a Cruiser, your going to need fast turret rotation for that single  8.8 cm deck gun, seconds cant in this kind battle situation.

last_stand_alt1.png Last Stand, no self respecting Sub driver is going to leave this skill off his ship when facing a brawling Battleship a good Captain needs is engines running at full speed in a fight like this.

superintendent_alt1.png Superintendent will be invaluable to your Captain giving you that extra oxygen consumable and for premium Sub drivers that bonus dive consumable ( Known as thermal layer ) giving you the opportunity to dive deeper to avoid those pesky depth charges

torpedo_armament_expertise_alt1.png Torpedo Armament Expertise, another must have skill for your Captain  this extra boost in speed will come in handy for those daring commanders that like to get in close to there prey.

concealment_expert_alt1.png Concealment Expert will give you a much added boost to your stealth as you try sneak past those destroyers and cap for your team, also will be a great skill combining it with TAE to strike hard against unsuspecting CVs and then slip away in silence.

advanced_firing_training_alt1.png Advance Fire Training, when your teams pushing that cap and all ships are needed for battle that extra range from AFT could mean the difference between victory and defeat, not mention that extra AA range from your one and only 2cm C30 AA gun that could save that near defenceless battleship from a devastating CV strike from AP dive bombers. 

Well I don't what guys are doing but I'm starting my Sub Captain training right now, exciting times are not that far away and I want my Subs ready and prepared.

I cant wait to get my Subs out into Wolf Packs with my fellow Clan members and go hunt down those BBbabies

regards  

With all the spare captains lounging around in reserve, i think il be fine. That said, i would take adrenaline rush over expert marksman and maybe Demolition Expertnover superintendent since there isn't much to pen with a 76mm gun.

By the looks of it there wont be a consumable count on the dive ability.

Members
129 posts
2,097 battles
37 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Can't you just torp a teammate?

That's how I'm maintaining my Breast Cancer Awareness month camo on the mini-map.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles

I think that if those ships make it into the game, there will be at least the addition of captain skills for submarines.

Faster diving

Faster refilling of the Oxygen Tanks

Better Spotting Range

Those three come to mind, I‘m sure there are more that could be done.

• Cool 2

Members
129 posts
2,097 battles

i400350rs_1.jpg

I'm thinking Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft is a must-have for all cutting edge sub drivers.  IJN's I-400 class will surely be an early selection...

06a7fbf2b4144a73a6a25001801ffc3clg.jpg

...especially if they ever renew the ARP deal.

• Funny 1

Members
303 posts
4,519 battles

Here are the first captain skills I intend to take on my sub commander:

Expert Valve Turner (1-point) 20% quicker response in closing valves to combat flooding when depth charged.

Scope Cleaner (2-points) 1.5km additional spotting range when viewing through periscope.

Deceptive Refuse (3-points) Enemy 10% more likely to believe the detritus you eject means that you have been destroyed.

Deafening Silencer (4-points) Reduces enemy Hydroacoustic Search acquisition by 50% when rigged for Silent Running.

After I have ground the commander up a bit I will also add:

Crush Resistance (2-points) Able to withstand 25% deeper depth than rating.

Torpedo Dodger (3-points) +10% gyroscopic distortion to enemy torpedoes shot at your submarine.

And then either:

Undersea Sixth Sense (4-points) Detect submerged enemy submarines within 2km.

or

Acoustic Torpedo (4-points) Torpedo shot within 500m of enemy moving at greater than 1/4 speed will turn to track target.

• Cool 2

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,710 posts
8,135 battles
6 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

I think that if those ships make it into the game, there will be at least the addition of captain skills for submarines.

Faster diving

Faster refilling of the Oxygen Tanks

Better Spotting Range

Those three come to mind, I‘m sure there are more that could be done.

Better AA or additional consumable slot.

[POP]
Members
1,166 posts
15,101 battles
On 04/10/2018 at 7:18 AM, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Here are the first captain skills I intend to take on my sub commander:

Expert Valve Turner (1-point) 20% quicker response in closing valves to combat flooding when depth charged.

Scope Cleaner (2-points) 1.5km additional spotting range when viewing through periscope.

Deceptive Refuse (3-points) Enemy 10% more likely to believe the detritus you eject means that you have been destroyed.

Deafening Silencer (4-points) Reduces enemy Hydroacoustic Search acquisition by 50% when rigged for Silent Running.

After I have ground the commander up a bit I will also add:

Crush Resistance (2-points) Able to withstand 25% deeper depth than rating.

Torpedo Dodger (3-points) +10% gyroscopic distortion to enemy torpedoes shot at your submarine.

And then either:

Undersea Sixth Sense (4-points) Detect submerged enemy submarines within 2km.

or

Acoustic Torpedo (4-points) Torpedo shot within 500m of enemy moving at greater than 1/4 speed will turn to track target.

Impressive  I like your train of thought on the subject take a plus 1