You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TypicalEngineer

Tempted by the Huang He sale

13 comments in this topic

Members
99 posts
1,866 battles

So is Huang He really that bad as she get credit for. I've been eyeing here since she is on sale in the premium shop.

I'll be dropping in my PA DD captains and use her for captain training and credit grinding. I'm interested in a smoke cruiser and don't want to grind the british line right now.

So is she any good, or should I best stay away?

Thanks!

[PVE]
Members
5,636 posts
18,228 battles

I kind of like her but I love cruisers AND only play co-op. She isn't as good as Perth but I like her gun arcs. Have no clue how she would play in PvP but find my Fushin/Anshan/Lo Yang captain works just fine in her. 

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
920 posts
5,948 battles

Probably the squishiest ship in the whole game. Offensively, she's decent... but you have no durability what so ever. I have a feeling they'll buff her eventually. Problem is, they won't till enough people buy her and complain. Creeping smoke and torpedo reload booster are nice. it just sucks if you have a BB chasing you. I'd say just buy her, but I'll tell you this.... Do not get caught in open water where BB's can actively shoot at you. it seems like every AP shell that hits it does citadel damage.

She's thicker then the Perth, so the shells arm more often. Get the smoke mod from the arsenal.

EJ

[HYDRO]
Members
1,583 posts
3,751 battles

IFHE and DE are a  must have for any CL so dunno how well you can train your DD captains in her. 

Based on most accounts she is quite capable for Operations.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
99 posts
1,866 battles
11 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

IFHE and DE are a  must have for any CL so dunno how well you can train your DD captains in her. 

Based on most accounts she is quite capable for Operations.

Well it is more that I have a 10 point PA DD captain that I could put on her straight away, getting the concealment down. I do have a spare 6 pointer that I can train up as a dedicated cruiser captain, but for now I only have a DD captain

[O_O]
Members
4,425 posts
9,588 battles

I think she is okay, but then again, I like challenging ships.

I wouldn't train a dedicated cruiser captain for her (yet, anyway).  I would agree with your plan to use her as a captain XP earner for your DD captains.  If/when a Pan-Asian cruiser line is announced, then I may begin to build a cruiser captain with her.

Members
99 posts
1,866 battles

Hmmm okay, so will she work without the standard cruiser skills like IFHE and DE.

I have a standard 10 point DD captain for her, PM, LS, SE, CE. The lack of PT might be an issue with this ship I guess.

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,061 battles
1 hour ago, TypicalEngineer said:

Hmmm okay, so will she work without the standard cruiser skills like IFHE and DE.

I have a standard 10 point DD captain for her, PM, LS, SE, CE. The lack of PT might be an issue with this ship I guess.

They already answered that. If you are looking for someone to talk you into buying it, it doesn't look like that is going to happen. The posts above do not seem to think it is good for random either. If you are wanting a PA DD captain trainer, why don't you buy the Loyang. That would make a great PA DD captain trainer.

Members
1,459 posts
12,348 battles

I got mine in an X-mas crate and have only played it 18 times.  Do like crawl smoke (also have Perth and Haida), but Hua is the most challenging of the three.  DPM is a struggle with only 6 guns, torps at 60knots is not great.  Really depends on others for spotting in smoke without spotter plane.  Really struggles when up tiered, especially in a tier 8 game.  Low health pool.  There are soooo many better tier 6 cruisers, that I would not recommend this one.

[-FH-]
Members
54 posts
710 battles
4 hours ago, TypicalEngineer said:

So is Huang He really that bad as she get credit for. I've been eyeing here since she is on sale in the premium shop.

I'll be dropping in my PA DD captains and use her for captain training and credit grinding. I'm interested in a smoke cruiser and don't want to grind the british line right now.

So is she any good, or should I best stay away?

Thanks!

If you are not an advanced player, you will struggle in this ship.  You must be methodical, and hope the game lasts more than 10 minutes to make it shine.

That said, I found the torps and guns solid while the aa was a bit to be desired because of the lack of dfaa.

Members
293 posts
9,509 battles

Few people have played it more than I have, so I speak from experience when I say it is the worst cruiser in the game. I disagree with Gin_Blossoms in that the longer the match goes the better. Huanghe depends on teammates to do the heavy lifting of causing damage & spotting & the fewer ships left the weaker Huanghe gets because it cant do its own spotting while smoked, & enemy DD's will nullify its concealment edge when contesting caps. It has no role that it is good at, other than shooting down planes, & lack of dfaa limits its effectiveness in this role as well. Trying to kill a tier 8 ship with this thing is one of the most frustrating experiences you can find in this game, its damn near impossible with its pitiful weapons & lack of heal....