You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BruDog1970

Legendary Upgrade expiration question

10 comments in this topic

[DNTZ]
Members
216 posts
11,562 battles

I finally have my first tier X and have unlocked the legendary upgrade personal assignment.  I have seen it mentioned that the legendary upgrade assignments will go beyond the Dec 31, 2018 that shows in game.

My question is:  Do we know if the progress will be reset after Dec 31 and/or how can we get an answer from WG on this?

I don't plan to grind the boat I got exclusively.  I also don't want to pump lots of time into it if it will reset in 3 months as I have other grinds to consider.

Any help appreciated.

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,763 battles

It will be extended, they said without expiration.

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
177 posts
9,073 battles

There is a software problem that prevents the date past 12/31/18 on 1/1/19 it will change to 12/31/19

• Cool 2

[DNTZ]
Members
216 posts
11,562 battles
45 minutes ago, IAF_NASTY said:

There is a software problem that prevents the date past 12/31/18 on 1/1/19 it will change to 12/31/19

Do we know that the progress won't be reset?

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,763 battles

It will not be reset. Just keep going at your own pace.

Even if the Legendary Upgrade is not useful or good, (some aren't) the intermediate loot is nice, plus you get more experience driving the ship.

• Cool 2

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

Finished Hindy...debating how much I should work on Khab’s...looking forward to this as a sort of long term thing across lines. 

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles

Not only will they be extended; more Leg. mods will probably be added for the most recent crop of T10s (e.g. Harugumo, Daring, etc.) at some point after WG accumulates sufficient performance data. 

Edited by lemekillmister

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,548 battles

From my understanding: There is no actual expiration date on the Legendary Upgrade Missions. They only have Dec 31st 2018 listed, due to limitation of the code, which requires an Expiration date. So At some point in the future, we should eventually see those missions get an extension to Dec 31st 2019, without reset. Take a Screenshot before and after the update that'll happen in November/December, and periodically in the month of December just in case something goes wrong.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
1,845 battles
6 hours ago, alexf24 said:

It will be extended, they said without expiration.

I heard the same about the mission that came with Haida, but it expired on October 1st.

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,763 battles
21 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I heard the same about the mission that came with Haida, but it expired on October 1st.

You are mixing apples and oranges. This is for the Legendary upgrades.

When WG says it, we know they stick with it. Subs, right?