You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

38 comments in this topic

[XG]
Members
121 posts
2,939 battles

Has there been any official word on when Vanguard and/or West Virginia '41 are going to be available?

Just curious because I'd like to have them both.

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

No dates yet, or price.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles

We haven't hear anything about Alaska either. the only thing is SOONTM!

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,683 posts
8,120 battles
5 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

We haven't hear anything about Alaska either. the only thing is SOONTM!

And of the thee, Alaska is first presented and teased.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
1 hour ago, 0BdM said:

Has there been any official word on when Vanguard and/or West Virginia '41 are going to be available?

Here's the current premium/reward ships in the development pipeline:

• Charleston, Tier 3 American Cruiser
  • Alaska, tier 9 American Cruiser
  • West Virginia '41, Tier 6 American Battleship
  • Dreadnought, Tier 3 British Battleship
  • Vanguard, Tier 8 British Battleship
  • Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Tier 6 German Battleship
  • Le Terrible, Tier 8 French Destroyer
  • Jean Bart, Tier 9 French Battleship
  • Bourgogne, Tier 10 French Battleship

Of these, four have not yet entered live testing.  This means they are at least 4 to 8 weeks away from release.  This includes Vanguard, Charleston, Dreadnought and West Virginia.

Three of them have completed one round of live testing.  They may (or may not) have more changes coming.  This includes Bourgogne, Le Terrible and Prinz Eitel Friedrich.  They could have as many as 3+ weeks of further development time.

Alaska and Jean Bart have had two plus rounds of live testing.  They're very close to being finalized if they haven't been already.  There may be another round of changes which may necessitate further tests.  These could be released in as little as a week or as long as 2+ weeks.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 7

[ARC]
Members
481 posts
7,134 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

This includes Vanguard, Charleston, Dreadnought and Vanguard.

Mouse, double Vanguard in your post. I know you are a Royal Navy fangirl, but pls don't ignore WV :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles
1 hour ago, 0BdM said:

Neither of those have even been play tested yet I believe. Just sent to the testers to look at. I know on one sneak peek at Vanguard I saw the tester said they couldn't play it yet. Maybe they have started playing now? Either way they are a long way away from being available to us. They need to be played extensively to be tested and for sure both will require a lot of tweaks and changes based on initial comments from testers and CC's on their stats (Vanguard already got some changes). I bet both require multiple test rounds before being finalized. Then it is usuaully at least a full patch (month) before they come out. 

[ICE9]
Members
811 posts
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Of these, four have not yet entered live testing.  This means they are at least 4 to 8 weeks away from release.  This includes Vanguard, Charleston, Dreadnought and Vanguard.

Three of them have completed one round of live testing.  They may (or may not) have more changes coming.  This includes Bourgogne, Le Terrible and Prinz Eitel Friedrich.  They could have as many as 3+ weeks of further development time.

Alaska and Jean Bart have had two plus rounds of live testing.  They're very close to being finalized if they haven't been already.  There may be another round of changes which may necessitate further tests.  These could be released in as little as a week or as long as 2+ weeks.

That's good info, Ms Mouse. TYVM!

[WG-CC]
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
3 minutes ago, hanesco said:

Mouse, double Vanguard in your post. I know you are a Royal Navy fangirl, but pls don't ignore WV :Smile-_tongue:

Thanks.  It's ironic, I've had West Virginia on the brain for the last three days.

ToDkIPI.gif

[FOG]
Members
326 posts
4,831 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Neither of those have even been play tested yet I believe

I have wondered if this also means that they cannot take it into a Training Room....

[WG-CC]
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
1 minute ago, DJC_499 said:

I have wondered if this also means that they cannot take it into a Training Room....

That's correct.  Look but don't touch is what the CCs were told.  These ships have undergone some internal testing by Wargaming employees and perhaps on the Supertest server by some of the Supertesters but that's the extent of it so far.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles
1 minute ago, DJC_499 said:

No clue. a CC/tester like LWM would have to answer that. Good question though. Guess they could go into a private room by themselves and no harm would be done but?

[FOG]
Members
326 posts
4,831 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

That's correct.  Look but don't touch is what the CCs were told.  These ships have undergone some internal testing by Wargaming employees and perhaps on the Supertest server by some of the Supertesters but that's the extent of it so far.

Thanks!

[-S-R-]
Members
321 posts
7,279 battles
6 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Thanks.  It's ironic, I've had West Virginia on the brain for the last three days.

ToDkIPI.gif

That graphic sure is purddy.  Needs more lavender.

[WG-CC]
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
Just now, TheCompGuy25 said:

That graphic sure is purddy.  Needs more lavender.

It really gives an idea of what a nightmare project modelling West Virginia 1945 would be like.  I was surprised to see just how much more bulky she was, even though I had the measurements of her beam both before (29.7m) and after (35m). Can you imagine being responsible for placing all fifty-eight of her single 20mm Oerlikon mounts (the lavender dots)?  The ship isn't symmetrical either, so you can forget that shortcut. 

[-S-R-]
Members
321 posts
7,279 battles

Roughly eyeballing the graphic it looks to be symmetrical.  Where/how is she asymmetrical?  Very interesting, btw, I had no idea.

Edit: looks like the stbd Oerlikons beside the second funnel are spaced differently and maybe a bit wider?

Edited by TheCompGuy25

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,224 battles
12 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Look but don't touch is what the CCs were told.

As I see it, it goes:

Phase 1 - look but don't touch.

Phase 2 - touch but don't show, i.e. supertest only or private training room (these first two phases might be all over in one patch)

Phase 3 - show (take them into battle occasionally) but don't talk (generally one patch)

Phase 4 - you can make YouTube vids now (subject to NDA on hard data). One patch. Non-supertesters will increasingly be meeting them in battle at this point.

Phase 5 - are there balance issues? Back to Phase 2 or 3. Else continue. Zero time - decision branch only.

Phase 6 - general release. (The Tier V-VIII British tech tree destroyers are essentially at this point now, since anybody can technically win one if RNG says yes.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,107 posts
10,253 battles
27 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Of these, four have not yet entered live testing.  This means they are at least 4 to 8 weeks away from release.  This includes Vanguard, Charleston, Dreadnought and West Virginia.

So, Christmas

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,803 posts
10,309 battles
34 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Needs more battleships!

Oh, it's actually 2/3 of them. Never mind!

[WG-CC]
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

As I see it, it goes:

Phase 1 - look but don't touch.

Phase 2 - touch but don't show, i.e. supertest only or private training room (these first two phases might be all over in one patch)

Phase 3 - show (take them into battle occasionally) but don't talk (generally one patch)

Phase 4 - you can make YouTube vids now (subject to NDA on hard data). One patch. Non-supertesters will increasingly be meeting them in battle at this point.

Phase 5 - are there balance issues? Back to Phase 2 or 3. Else continue. Zero time - decision branch only.

Phase 6 - general release. (The Tier V-VIII British tech tree destroyers are essentially at this point now, since anybody can technically win one if RNG says yes.)

For CCs there are four categories.

1. Super NDA - don't tell anyone about it.  This is usually in the form of an announcement rather than being given access to anything.  If we are given access to it, it's in a test-client rather than live.  No content can be produced on this stuff.  We're not allowed discussing it outside of with the devs and other CCs that are specifically party to the information.

2. Look, Don't Touch - If it's a new vessel, it's something we can show off in port.  If it's a new game mode, we'll be given play-footage by Wargaming to comment upon.  We can make content for this, but all of it must be strictly branded with "Work in Progress".  We're free to discuss as much as we know, again with the caveat that we make it clear it's still in development and subject to change.

3. Preview - This is an early look at a ship or game mode still in development.  This differs from the rank above in that we can play the ship or game mode ourselves.  This still needs to be branded with the "Work In Progress" label.  We're free to discuss the new ship or game mode, so long as it's clear that our views are based upon a project that's still under development and subject to (and likely to) change.

4. Final Version - This is the finalized version of the product. We're free to make content as we please.  We can discuss it openly.  There's no need for any "Work in Progress" branding or caveats.  Note, sometimes one of Wargaming's projects can be finalized long before release.  In other cases, a project may be considered "final" by the devs but not get this "Final Version" branding forcing us to keep using "Work in Progress" labels until we get the official nod.
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,256 posts
2,029 battles
30 minutes ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

Roughly eyeballing the graphic it looks to be symmetrical.  Where/how is she asymmetrical?  Very interesting, btw, I had no idea.

Edit: looks like the stbd Oerlikons beside the second funnel are spaced differently and maybe a bit wider?

Look at the 20mm emplacements around the aftmost 40mm mounts.

Also, the mounts aloft - one is a twin 20mm, the other a quad.

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
5 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

It's a fine thing only the AA auras are modeled and not individual arcs.  It'd lend itself to some interesting tactics, especially if she's a quick turner, but it would also probably crash my rig with as much extra processing as it'd require.

-R

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,683 posts
8,120 battles
13 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

LoL! The modelling team probably threatened to strike when presented with that beast....

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,224 battles
7 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

LoL! The modelling team probably threatened to strike when presented with that beast....

The real reason we're not getting her in game? :Smile_veryhappy:

@LittleWhiteMouse Thank you for the clarification. Do you get a list of the people you're allowed to talk to? You know, to avoid the possibility of: "What do you think about the HMS Unrevealable? What do you mean, you haven't heard about it? Oh :etc_swear:, there goes my job." 

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles

Looked at Jean Bart and the last iteration ticks all the boxes. May have to nerf something, but I'll buy it as is now.