You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

The last S-boot in existence

7 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
1,587 posts
3,753 battles

Found this video on my recommended and since we are facing those buggers in Dynamo, thought I should share.

Pretty rich history, and also very interesting how Great Britain used these boats for spy insertions post war. It's always good to see important pieces of wartime history preserved for future generations like the S-130.

• Cool 3

[BLHK]
Members
354 posts
3,456 battles
50 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Found this video on my recommended and since we are facing those buggers in Dynamo, thought I should share.

Pretty rich history, and also very interesting how Great Britain used these boats for spy insertions post war. It's always good to see important pieces of wartime history preserved for future generations like the S-130.

Yeah I came across this a little while ago. I dont think you needed to be crazy to crew one of these things but it definitely helped.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,266 battles

Here is your Vosper 1944 vessel built for the British by Annapolis Boat works in Maryland. It was never delivered and used as the chase boat for the Spruce Goose pictured here in Long Beach circa 1945-1947. She would later become the PT 73 for the TV Show McHales Navy for exterior under way shots. The close ups were filmed on the back lot in Ester Williams Swimming pool and they used a 63 foot ASRC built by Miami Ship Yard, which was also used in an Episode of the TV show "Emergency".

120569401.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
205 posts
240 battles
On 3/10/2018 at 8:29 AM, XX_Emeraldking_XX said:

Whoops, wrong boot.

See the source image

Tan tan tan. Tan tan 

Taran taran! (My bad attempt at singing the main theme)

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,265 posts
3,852 battles
On 10/3/2018 at 1:26 PM, Murotsu said:

The narrator's version of Slapton Sands is wrong, but meh.  If you want a good read on S-boote, get:

https://www.amazon.com/Boat-Alert-Defending-Normandy-Invasion/dp/1557508054'

One might note that at the time of Dunkirk there were just 18 S-boote in service in two flotillas

or you could get a copy of "Schnellboote" by Lawrence Paterson. Bit of a dry read but most comprehensive WWII histories are. Great read nonetheless.