You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Worcester

28 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,049 battles

Yes another Worcester thread, needs fixing please adjust it some. Its not as squishy as made out to be. In crease it rudder shift or something,

• Bad 2

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,710 posts
8,132 battles
6 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Yes another Worcester thread, needs fixing please adjust it some. Its not as squishy as made out to be. In crease it rudder shift or something,

Fix the pen on 100mm ijn lazer cannons first.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
20 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Can you provide some more info please? Situations perhaps?

Personally I've seen the Worcester get annhilated from both perspectives, even from a Tier 9 it can almost be one shot (the most I've hit one for was 3 cits in my MO). 

In turn I've had it done to me...

So I'm kinda at a loss here as to why you think it's not as squishy or squishy at all.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,233 posts
12,772 battles
16 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

So I'm kinda at a loss here as to why you think it's not as squishy or squishy at all.

Simple. He got burned to the waterline by one that was properly angled and took his return fire in the belt.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,049 battles

15 hits with AP from a Conq around 12-8 km did about 8 k of damage

[YORHA]
Members
3,338 posts
6 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Replay or screenshots?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,233 posts
12,772 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

Replay or screenshots?

Not really needed. 8k damage from 15 AP hits seems cromulent enough. Just a bit of bad luck with angles / shells hitting the belt.

Apparently he wants Wooster to auto-explode the moment he shoots at it, even though it behaves like every other cruiser if your shells have a bit of unfortunate RNG.

• Cool 2

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,049 battles

No I don't want it the explode, and no need for you condescending tone. Its need some adjusting they are in every game now for a reason. The Stalingrad does not have allot of games yet, so I will discount it for the time being. Best win rate for cruisers, great damage always, its concealment is less than its radar. It's destroyer like ability to maneuver it the biggest issue to me.  No I don't have replay or screen shots. Just playing against them all the time.

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts

Stats are probably still a bit inflated due to the release not being too far in the past.

Edited by RipNuN2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

After playing this game for over 3 years I'd like to say such thread rarely initiate any actions within WoWS/WG. Remember they have a kajillion tons of data they can peruse. Things need to be way out of balance before they even consider doing anything. 

Also, generally speaking, those who just got a paddlin by one or more Worcesters are usually the ones asking for a nerf. Or they've witnessed it occurring. Why, even I asked for some nerfs on the ship. 

But then I completed the grind and bought her. 

Life's completely different as an owner/operator. Let her be. There will be other ships. 

56 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Perhaps the problem is with the Conq as almost everyone knows HE is her primary ammo, yes? 

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,283 posts
13,713 battles
59 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

You want them to make Worcester squishier because you could not one shot it? This has to be the silliest post I have ever seen.

• Cool 2

Members
1,078 posts
5,980 battles
18 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Stats are probably still a bit inflated due to the release not being too far in the past.

Untrue.

I have it. Therefore:

No stats can survive ME, the Great Stats Deflatorator!!!!!!

• Cool 1

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,049 battles
8 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

You want them to make Worcester squishier because you could not one shot it? This has to be the silliest post I have ever seen.

Why silly, Conq has great AP even angled the Worcester should taken more damage. Its great that I get comment like "he probably  want to one shot kill".  How about not try and guess what I want and just read. I was commenting that there need to be some adjustment. Maybe less concealment , maybe make it move more like a Cruiser less like a DD.  The silliness here is there are over 200k worth of battle fought in a Worcester and stats do back up what I am saying.

To others your right nothing will probably get done but its the only recourse available to me. After all the Khab did get adjusted after enough feed back.  

[KRAK]
Members
1,283 posts
13,713 battles
2 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Why silly, Conq has great AP even angled the Worcester should taken more damage. Its great that I get comment like "he probably  want to one shot kill".  How about not try and guess what I want and just read. I was commenting that there need to be some adjustment. Maybe less concealment , maybe make it move more like a Cruiser less like a DD.  The silliness here is there are over 200k worth of battle fought in a Worcester and stats do back up what I am saying.

To others your right nothing will probably get done but its the only recourse available to me. After all the Khab did get adjusted after enough feed back.  

I did read and that is what you are asking for just in different words.  The RNG did not smile upon you. I have np landing citadels on  them with a DM even at 16 km plus so it is your aim or just the RNG.

L

[INTEL]
Members
654 posts
7,572 battles

While we're at it, let's nerf the Yamato and Musashi guns.  A single hit from 26km+ really hurts.  Everything.

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,049 battles
17 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

I did read and that is what you are asking for just in different words.  The RNG did not smile upon you. I have np landing citadels on  them with a DM even at 16 km plus so it is your aim or just the RNG.

L

Then you cant read, you said "This has to be the silliest post I have ever seen." Not that maybe it was just bad RNG.   It is not what I asked for your just wrong. I recommended increasing the rudder shift some. You somehow re-imagine that into I want a One Shot Kill. That just [edited]. I also said its not a squishy and lead to believe; if a Mino would have been in the same position it would have been wrecked. I use the Mino because others have used that as a reference point, in terms of armor weakness.  I want to make that clear incase you want to somehow re-explain what I am basically saying.

[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,700 battles

If you were using AP to a bow on Wooster, shoot at the guns to break them...  Woosters whose guns get knocked out are often less effective...  And as was said, if you are in a Conq, bow on you should have been shooting HE anyway.  You can do more HE damage in 2 salvos to a bow on Wooster.  His DC is only 15 seconds, by the time you reload he should be ready to set on fire again.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,142 posts
14,547 battles
1 minute ago, GrimmeReaper said:

If you were using AP to a bow on Wooster, shoot at the guns to break them...  Woosters whose guns get knocked out are often less effective...  And as was said, if you are in a Conq, bow on you should have been shooting HE anyway.  You can do more HE damage in 2 salvos to a bow on Wooster.  His DC is only 15 seconds, by the time you reload he should be ready to set on fire again.

No, no, NO!  It needs to be 1-shotted!

• Funny 2

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,049 battles
1 minute ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Thank you, I'll stick with HE on them form now on.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,278 battles

5bb4b66977e8c_OPDES.thumb.png.7cc330d0fe5d5b14074bf0f828320fb9.png

5bb4b680cab9b_last21days.thumb.png.aca359812d580091f99f8df4d318635b.png

Honestly if I was my opponent I would be on here talking about DesMoines not Worcester.

Worcester might be the new cool thing everyone wants to pick on...... but to me Des is still the King of the sea.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,710 posts
8,132 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

No I don't want it the explode, and no need for you condescending tone. Its need some adjusting they are in every game now for a reason. The Stalingrad does not have allot of games yet, so I will discount it for the time being. Best win rate for cruisers, great damage always, its concealment is less than its radar. It's destroyer like ability to maneuver it the biggest issue to me.  No I don't have replay or screen shots. Just playing against them all the time.

Adjusting? Like what?

Worcester has:

1) no torpedoes

2) no turtle back

3) 25mm plating

4) crap health at 45,400

When the day dawns when wg removes turtleback and stealth torping entirely, then we can complain about someone not even having the fastest guns at t10.

Especially while driving the most unbalanced OP ship in the game: CONQUEROR!!!!

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,049 battles
41 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Adjusting? Like what?

Worcester has:

1) no torpedoes

2) no turtle back

3) 25mm plating

4) crap health at 45,400

When the day dawns when wg removes turtleback and stealth torping entirely, then we can complain about someone not even having the fastest guns at t10.

Especially while driving the most unbalanced OP ship in the game: CONQUEROR!!!!

Read the post, for the 3rd time recommend increasing the rudder shift

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,710 posts
8,132 battles
1 minute ago, vikingno2 said:

Read the post, for the 3rd time recommend increasing the rudder shift

The ship is sluggish as it already is. Conqueror and Harugumo should be on the nerf block, not some ship that performs well only within a specific niche.