You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mothermoy

1 tier 8 (me) an the rest tier 9 and 10?

126 comments in this topic

[OBS]
Members
133 posts
656 battles

how is this even allowed? i rather not even get a match rather then get put in that kind of mm. first time to happen to me. Does that happen alot?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
4,834 posts
5,599 battles

Pic or it didn't happen?

MM is supposed to match/mirror tiers. The only way I could see this happening is if you were in a division with T9s. In that case, MM wouldn't necessarily match another T8 because it sees all ships in the div as T9. Or maybe the other T8 was a different ship type?

• Bad 1

Members
3,725 posts
15,088 battles

The tier 9 and 10 ships in that match earned their right to bully tier 8 ships because they suffered through tier 8 themselves. 

• Funny 2
  • Bad 6

[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,935 battles

He's probably saying he was the only T8 on his team.

Since I commonly am in games with 2-3 T8s, and the rest T10, I found this quite plausible.

• Funny 1

[OBS]
Members
133 posts
656 battles
Just now, evilleMonkeigh said:

He's probably saying he was the only T8 on his team.

Since I commonly am in games with 2-3 T8s, and the rest T10, I found this quite plausible.

this. i was in my mass and a gasgoine was on the other team, the rest were 9 and 10. parhaps i was wrong, can you brawl in a mass with a lineup like that??

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,004 posts
13,737 battles
1 hour ago, Mothermoy said:

how is this even allowed? i rather not even get a match rather then get put in that kind of mm. first time to happen to me. Does that happen alot?

If you play in peak times it is rare you will be the only T8, if you play at non peak times (which I do) it happens quite regularly particularly if you play cruisers

Edited by Camo68

[WOLFB]
Members
1,737 posts
8,313 battles

Why is it normal for T6 to always face T8 but it's not normal for T8 to sometime face T9-10 ?

Seriously this is getting boring to always see complains about T8 MM.

Edited by AlcatrazNC
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
3 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

Yes...this does happen a lot...but (hard to believe) it is a good thing...let me explain.

All ships in a tier are worth the same amount of XP no matter what type & all higher tier ships are worth more XP than the lower tier ones so being an 8 with nothing to shoot at but 9s & 10s will net you a considerable amount more XP for the same damage than if you were the only 8 & all the rest were 6s & 7s.

Remember this important piece of data also...BBs eat any cruiser in their meta for breakfast just like DDs eat BBs & cruisers eat DDs (& of course CVs feast on all...at least after the AA is stripped away). Try to set yourself up to give yourself the best opportunities to be able to take on the type of ship you're ship is designed to handle the easiest.

But at the same time always go for the DDs if you get the shot because the XP is based on percentage of damage...so 1/2 of a DDs life (about 10k damage at T10) is the same XP as 1/2 of a BBs life (about 50k damage at T10).

As for the Mass I haven't got it but I hear it is a 2ndary nightmare so close in (not at the start...after the herd thins a bit) but just stay bow on to BBs & avoid the Yammies & Musashis.

Althouigh with the few amount of battles you have I'd suggest sticking to lower tiers for awhile & getting yourself some more experience before jumping straight into the higher tiers...they are filled w/very experienced players that can give you a bad day after 8 or 10 losses in a row.

You also want to run a few ships of each of the 3 basic types (& CVs if you click with them...although you might wanna hold off on them as their game play is getting ready to change drastically...but for the better for newer players) up to T7 so you get an idea of how each type runs & can better attack/defend against them.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,339 battles
3 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

how is this even allowed? i rather not even get a match rather then get put in that kind of mm. 

It happens because you rush out and buy a bunch of premium BBs before learning the basics of the game.

You're a Mass in a T10 match. Yeah that sucks. It sucks just as much as it does for the NM driver who's trying to grind but has to deal with "that guy" who bought a Mass so its secondaries can cover for a failure to learn game mechanics.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
335 posts
7,136 battles
4 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

look at like this you are only gain xp! Alot of XP from hitting and damaging these ship that are higher tier ships.  Being down two ties is not that bad you still can do damage to the top tier ships because of eather gun cal. or HE/fire don't play aggressive  and keep you shell flying!

[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,935 battles

Why is it normal for T6 to always face T8 but it's not normal for T8 to sometime face T9-10 ?

But T8 doesn't face T6 as often as it does T10. Anyway, two "wrongs" don't make a right. Both tiers are screwed by MM. T6 issues do not invalidate T8 issues. They both point to MM issues.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect to be top tier, middle and bottom tier roughly an equal number of times, whether you are T6 or T8.

Seriously this is getting boring to always see complains about T8 MM.

Perhaps it is a sign something is wrong with T8 MM?

It happens because you rush out and buy a bunch of premium BBs before learning the basics of the game.

You're a Mass in a T10 match. Yeah that sucks. It sucks just as much as it does for the NM driver who's trying to grind but has to deal with "that guy" who bought a Mass so its secondaries can cover for a failure to learn game mechanics.

You attack the player, but do not address his argument, i.e. MM. His stats are irrelevant as he is not claiming to speak from authority. Poor form.

look at like this you are only gain xp!

Perhaps players play for things beside XP gain. Like for fun, perhaps?

Edited by evilleMonkeigh
  • Cool 4

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,339 battles
4 hours ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

You attack the player, but do not address his argument, i.e. MM. His stats are irrelevant as he is not claiming to speak from authority. Poor form.

I dont address his arguement because he doesnt have one. He's whining. Look at his posting history and look at his profile. He's played less than 400 matches and has as many premium ships as tech tree. He's made a thread on how to fix camping BBs. His best performing ship by far is Mass, entirely due to its secondaries I'm sure.

He bought the Mass and loves its ability to punish lower tier ships. Not so thrilled with the ability of Mushy and Yammy to delete him at any angle or range I'm sure. He hasn't learned how to play support when bottom tier. 

Playing at bottom tier is a learning experience. He doesnt want to learn. He just wants to buy a win.

• Cool 2

Members
18,307 posts
5,229 battles
9 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Pic or it didn't happen?

MM is supposed to match/mirror tiers. The only way I could see this happening is if you were in a division with T9s. In that case, MM wouldn't necessarily match another T8 because it sees all ships in the div as T9. Or maybe the other T8 was a different ship type?

It happens occasionally. Usually a T8 BB gets matched against a T9/10 CA when it happens.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,014 battles
5 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

9 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

I use my Mass and hunt down Yamatos and Conq's all the time.  Its easy and fun.  The Republique' and the GK are quite a bit harder, but the challenge is what makes it fun. You do really need a 19 pt specifically designed Captain for this, but it is not only working as intended, its fun.

• Cool 1

Members
18,307 posts
5,229 battles
9 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

this. i was in my mass and a gasgoine was on the other team, the rest were 9 and 10. parhaps i was wrong, can you brawl in a mass with a lineup like that??

Not against the other BBs, probably a cruiser though, if you watch out for torps (although a Hindy will probably knock you the F out lol.

Brawling isn't really a useful playstyle in T9/10 matches, regardless of how MM treats you. The pace of the matches means you aren't getting close enough until the numbers are thinned out, which means fewer targets and opportunities to brawl.

Bismarck also has the same issues, except its main guns are worse than Mass.

[IN3PT]
Members
222 posts
11,553 battles
7 hours ago, Camo68 said:

If you play in peak times it is rare you will be the only T8, if you play at non peak times (which I do) it happens quite regularly particularly if you play cruisers

It doesn't matter anymore. With the grind for mods going full swing, t8 has become headache that's not even worth it. 

I used to be a supporter of +2/-2 MM. But lately I have been bottom tier about 70% of the time. And closer to 90% of the time with t8. 

A clan mate emailed wargaming with detailed logs, and was replied with a basic working as intended and our data is different [edited].

Go ahead and track your own MM experience. With and without divisions.

Started playing t5 to level some captains for ranked... Bottom tier around 60% of the time.

[IN3PT]
Members
222 posts
11,553 battles
8 minutes ago, nagasakee said:

I use my Mass and hunt down Yamatos and Conq's all the time.  Its easy and fun.  The Republique' and the GK are quite a bit harder, but the challenge is what makes it fun. You do really need a 19 pt specifically designed Captain for this, but it is not only working as intended, its fun.

You don't even own a Mass? You have less that 800 battles?

Why are you even commenting on situation you have zero clue about????????????????????????????

• Bad 3

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,551 battles

Lots of higher tier ships to beat on; should yield lots of XP for you. I don't mind being bottom tier. Just provides more of a challenge..

Screenshot 2018-10-03 12.17.59.png

Edited by DustRhino

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,014 battles
1 hour ago, ENxRagexD said:

Why are you even commenting on situation you have zero clue about????????????????????????????

Ah, the only thing I am clueless about is how many eggs are on your face. As you can see by my forum avatar text, I have 11,400+ battles. You know...more than you...   Most of them are in co op.  Your bias for Random mode may be showing, as it seems you didn't bother to check, or don't care, about Co op mode.  You should check more carefully before you attack another forum user.

Otherwise I have no clue as to what you are talking about, but that's ok since it seems that makes two of us.

Other than @AdmiralThunder, or @TheDreadnoughtI may be the boards biggest proponent for the USS Massachusetts, in fact was on her IRL at Battleship Cove in Fall River just a couple of weeks ago.

My current BB stats, showing I not only own the Mass but she is my second best BB after Yamato:

bb experience.PNG

Edited by nagasakee
  • Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles
11 minutes ago, ENxRagexD said:

Commenting on things one has zero clue about is quite common on WG forums. Take reading stat pages, for instance.

• Funny 1

[IN3PT]
Members
222 posts
11,553 battles
3 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

Lots of higher tier ships to beat on; should yield lost of XP for you.

Xp and credits don't show if the match is actually enjoyable. Just because I can carry, doesn't mean I want to every single match.

My win rate or xp gain is not the issue. The simple fact that it is not fun having to carry your t10 bot level team mates. 

And it's the same in t5 and t6. Because trying to carry in a Mutso or Pensacola is fun right? Let alone playing a t5 cruiser against an all t7 enemy. ( Minus the one that is matched to me, don't want someone to jump down my throat..)

Lol

Sure I can do it. Sure it helps the grind sometimes. Sure you earn more as bottom tier. This doesn't mean that I want to be bottom tier the majority of the time. And with the amount of salt on the forums about it from day 1 it looks like not many are happy with it. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[IN3PT]
Members
222 posts
11,553 battles
Just now, nagasakee said:

Ah, the only thing I am clueless about is how many eggs are on your face. As you can see by my forum avatar test, I have 11,500 battles.   Most of them are in co op.  Your bias for Random mode may be showing, as it seems you didn't bother to check, or don't care, about Co op mode.  O

therwise I have no clue as to what you are talking about, but that's ok since it seems that makes two of us.

Other than @AdmiralThunder, or @TheDreadNaught I may be the boards biggest proponent for the USS Massachusetts, in fact was on her IRL at Battleship Cove in Fall River just a couple of weeks ago.

My current BB stats, showing I not only own the Mass but she is my second best BB after Yamato:

bb experience.PNG

Wait... Co Op can vote on MM???? Why does it matter what tier your bots are? Are you honestly stating that you think plus 2 match making is okay while you don't okay it????

Egg on my face? 

One more time... How can you speak on a situation that you have zero clue about?

• Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
9,829 posts
7,492 battles
17 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

7 hours ago, DustRhino said:

Lots of higher tier ships to beat on; should yield lots of XP for you. I don't mind being bottom tier. Just provides more of a challenge..

This

Play a little more cautiously and when the reds get close fewer nearer to the end of the match, unleash the pewpew. Try to get close to a red that is already focused on someone else.

Edited by Kizarvexis
was thinking of close to the end of the match and wrote close when I should have said fewer. Sorry about that.
  • Cool 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,014 battles
3 minutes ago, ENxRagexD said:

Wait... Co Op can vote on MM???? Why does it matter what tier your bots are? Are you honestly stating that you think plus 2 match making is okay while you don't okay it????

Egg on my face? 

One more time... How can you speak on a situation that you have zero clue about?

LOL I accept your apologies on the misstatements on the # of battles I've had and that I don't own the ship.  carry on 

Edited by nagasakee

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,916 posts
10,708 battles
21 minutes ago, ENxRagexD said:

LOL. Maybe if you are going to try and look up someone's stats to shame them or slam them you should look ALL of them up. :Smile_glasses:

@nagasakee has over 1000 battles in Massachusetts.  (1003 as of my check just now). And he has almost 11,500 WOWS battles which shows right under his forum avatar. You are telling someone they only have 800 games when right there in front of you it shows 11,415. LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

Not every player in this game plays Randoms. Many play Co-op. So next time you play Sherlock Holmes and go stat hunting to shame someone do your full due diligence and look at all the stats WG provides. 

EDIT - your follow up post to nagasakee explains why you didn't look. You are one of those PVP elitists. Explains a LOT about your post LOL. Have you ever played Co-op? See here is the thing so many of your type miss. Other than facing bots who don't think or react like a human (not always a bad thing actually - seen a lot of bots that play better than humans) the game is 100% the same be it PVP or PVE. So with 1000+ battles in a ship nagasakee absolutely has the experience to speak as to how it performs. He doesn't to tell people how to play it in PVP but he certainly can speak to how it does as far as guns, armor, speed, maneuverability, AA, secondary guns, etc... He plays the exact same ships in Co-op and faces the exact same ships in Co-op you do in PVP. The ONLY difference is the opponent behind the red.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2