You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WestPac_CG22

Really like the Warspite!

5 comments in this topic

[NNA]
Members
200 posts
5,728 battles

Took the Warspite out to battle tonight and had a stellar game with it. While this isn't the highest damage that I've scored in this ship, it is the most kills I've made with it in one battle. Yes, she's slow and I pretty much have to turn the whole ship to bring all her guns to bear. but she's a beast, responds well and can really pack a wallop at mid to close range, especially with her forward guns! I purchased it week or so ago, for I think, 220 sovereigns from the Royal Navy tab in the Arsenal. I've played 24 battles in her so far with 23 victories. The Arizona, the New Mexico, the Giulio Cesare and now the Warspite are my four main mid-tier BBs and have to be some of the best brawlers in the game. All in all, I really like this ship and look forward to many more battles with it. Kudos to @LittleWhiteMouse. Your review on this bote pretty much sold me on getting it. Thanks!!

Warspite 5 Ships 2018-10-02 (3).png

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,166 posts
14,583 battles

You should have seen what Warspite, Fuso, and Arizona were doing in Tier VI Ranked.  Those 3 were murdering things, especially the Cruisers.  Cruisers in Tier VI Ranked was like watching Battleships run a Cruiser slaughter house.  The only ships that did better than those 3 were Perth (stealth, smoke, pseudo-DD) and Ryujo.  That was it.  The bad thing about Warspite are those floaty shells, but the dispersion is accurate.  Once you get the hang of leading with those guns, they are powerful tools.  Because they are 381mm you can Overmatch the armor of every BB Tier VII and below.  There is comfort to be had in being able to see the majority of your peers in PVP and know there is no angle they can do to defend themselves from you getting AP Penetrations.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
573 posts
3,672 battles

I agree.  Warspite is my favorite midtier BB.  Her secondaries are excellent and she is tough as old shoe leather.  Those heavyweight guns at tier 6 help out, too! :)

[RKLES]
Members
7,218 posts
9,006 battles

Yeah I love my Warspite as well, she has served me very well since I got her last January. And very historical ship with a lot of interesting on the real world version of the ship. I some times chuckle over how the Warspite in game will act at times as if the will of the real version lives in the in game version sometimes...