You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

OK. . . so I was wrong on Republique. . .

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles

Not long ago I came on here and talked about my initial experience with Republique, and how I was underwhelmed.

Having played her for a bit now, I can now say I was totally wrong about her.  I just finished a 312k damage game for 2,700 base xp.   I'm going to say I'm ok with her as a Tier 10.  LOL

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Not long ago I came on here and talked about my initial experience with Republique, and how I was underwhelmed.

Having played her for a bit now, I can now say I was totally wrong about her.  I just finished a 312k damage game for 2,700 base xp.   I'm going to say I'm ok with her as a Tier 10.  LOL

It’s all about the guns.  I had similar experience, the ship felt underwhelming at first, but quite impressive in the long run.  It’s too bad the legendary upgrade is unimpressive in comparison to, for example, Yamato one.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,692 posts
5,048 battles

After reading about the French BB line I decided to grind it. And I will say I am surprised how much i like it. 

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles

Still would have preferred both turrets in the front like the other four battleships France actually built

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
8 hours ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

Still would have preferred both turrets in the front like the other four battleships France actually built

No arguments there.   I’d also prefer it if the 127mm secondaries didn’t get shaved off so easily.   But C’est la vie.  The 152s do some decent damage without them.

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
9 hours ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

Frankly, having current turret arrangement is part of balancing for this particular BB.  If it had both turrets in front it would have been nerfed in some other way, most likely having reduced rate of fire.  

[NUWES]
Members
1,664 posts
5,598 battles
10 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

It’s all about the guns.  I had similar experience, the ship felt underwhelming at first, but quite impressive in the long run.  It’s too bad the legendary upgrade is unimpressive in comparison to, for example, Yamato one.

I don't think anyone's legendary is as good as Yamato's. lol

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
4 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

If it had both turrets in front it would have been nerfed in some other way, most likely having reduced rate of fire.  

fine by me

[FGNE]
Members
436 posts
728 battles

I love Republiques, they citadel so easily.  They are great number padders in my Yamoto.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,014 battles
14 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Had the exact same experience, underwhelmed at first. Now she is my top damage dealer, even more than my beloved Yamato, and equally loved Massachusetts. Perhaps we just learned to play her better?  True at least for me, but I'm just an average to below average player.

Edited by nagasakee
  • Cool 1

[POET]
Members
307 posts
1,890 battles
9 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

No arguments there.   I’d also prefer it if the 127mm secondaries didn’t get shaved off so easily.   But C’est la vie.  The 152s do some decent damage without them.

That's my only real issue with the Republique's secondaries: they get destroyed so fast, even with the Auxiliary mod. Maybe they should get a HP buff like GK's main turrets got one (40000 vs 20000 HP in that case)? Perhaps module health would get another look come the CV rework.

Members
3,482 posts
6,184 battles
5 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

I love Republiques, they citadel so easily.  They are great number padders in my Yamoto.

I feel the same about the Yammies when I am in my Republique...  :)

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
339 posts
6,695 battles

I was sold on it the other night when I citadeled a Conqueror at 4km with a Republique.  Granted it was being driven by a bot, but still...

[ENDVR]
Members
427 posts
5,344 battles
19 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

*nods*

[ENDVR]
Members
427 posts
5,344 battles
5 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

That’s likely because of the legendary upgrade, ironically, due to the enforced range.  Way more scared of cruisers of any iteration than Yamatos... except for that rare counterflanking Yammie, anyways.

Edited by SmokeHenge

[MIA-A]
Members
2,128 posts
6,810 battles

Yamato is the ship you worry about in the Republique because they hit you for 10k+ no matter how you angle.