Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
l__Reaper__l

"it's just a game"

140 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

22
[PT8TO]
Members
8 posts
6,577 battles

I never use forums other than for perusing game related information such as updates. However, I am getting sick of these players that say, "it's just a game." They are the worst players who don't care about: teamwork, understanding the ships they are driving, and winning! I am also tired of repeating myself when I respond by saying, "Yes, you are right. However, some of us actually take the time to learn our ships and those of our opponents so that we can win! If you are here "just for fun" then play co op." Some of us actually care about winning as well!" FFS, I understand that this generation is more sensative, but at what point did: knowledge, common sense, and the yearning to win - become irrelevant? Sorry for rant, but I am sick of these kids saying this and not realizing that others have invested money, time, and heart into this game. I can't stand them!

Spaced Invader

  • Cool 15
  • Boring 16
  • Bad 12
  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,006 posts
8,006 battles

Your rant sort of falls apart once you realize those players you are describing are actually part of your generation.

The general rant, is common enough though.

But since this is just a game, I usually let people do what they want without giving them too much ingame grief.

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
122 posts
3,612 battles

"it's just a game"
A team based game about naval tactics and using your ship to its tactical advantage. 

People need to drill this idea through their Neanderthal skulls. "TEAM"
Yet people play it as if it's an one man army game. 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,686
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,844 posts
11,546 battles

Ironic, you're accusing others of being sensitive yet here you are crying.

Calm down snowflake, it's just a game. If you wanna win at randoms then carry harder.

  • Cool 8
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[WORX]
Members
1,850 posts
12,893 battles
10 minutes ago, Spaced_Invader said:

However, I am getting sick of these players that say, "it's just a game."

^^^ I seen both sides use this statement, One side to justify the selfish act of DMG farming, the other side to completely ignore the helpful advise of others to cap and play the objective. The term it self is harmless, but its used to deflect critics or put blame onto others. Its also been used to defuse tensions.

In the end. 2 wrongs dont mean they're right. Just don;t be sensitive bout it and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
639
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,848 posts
1,332 battles
4 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Ironic, you're accusing others of being sensitive yet here you are crying.

Calm down snowflake, it's just a game. If you wanna win at randoms then carry harder.

If OP wants to play competitive, ranked T5 is coming, and I expect Clan Battles is coming as well after that  Random Battles is just that.  Random.  Get over it.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
855 posts
3,587 battles
18 minutes ago, Spaced_Invader said:

I never use forums other than for perusing game related information such as updates. However, I am getting sick of these players that say, "it's just a game." They are the worst players who don't care about: teamwork, understanding the ships they are driving, and winning! I am also tired of repeating myself when I respond by saying, "Yes, you are right. However, some of us actually take the time to learn our ships and those of our opponents so that we can win! If you are here "just for fun" then play co op." Some of us actually care about winning as well!" FFS, I understand that this generation is more sensative, but at what point did: knowledge, common sense, and the yearning to win - become irrelevant? Sorry for rant, but I am sick of these kids saying this and not realizing that others have invested money, time, and heart into this game. I can't stand them!

Spaced Invader

But it is just a game, and the amusing thing is that rarely do you see unicorn players whining about others/games, its always the middle of the road folks that can't carry and want to play the blame game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[PT8TO]
Members
8 posts
6,577 battles
20 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Your rant sort of falls apart once you realize those players you are describing are actually part of your generation.

The general rant, is common enough though.

But since this is just a game, I usually let people do what they want without giving them too much ingame grief.

No, they are not. I was raised old school. I'm not sure what "generation" you speak of, but I can assure you that I was not raised during that time nor would I share those values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
256
[FGNE]
Members
435 posts
728 battles
9 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

But it is just a game, and the amusing thing is that rarely do you see unicorn players whining about others/games, its always the middle of the road folks that can't carry and want to play the blame game. 

Flamuu rages and stat shames all the time.  So does every other unicum streamer.

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[PT8TO]
Members
8 posts
6,577 battles
2 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Flamuu rages and stat shames all the time.  So does every other unicum streamer.

Agreed whole heartedly. This is why I "find it amusing" when someone comes back to suggest that I am complaining and should "carry harder". If you other scrubs actually knew how to work together there wouldn't be an issue.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,006 posts
8,006 battles
4 minutes ago, Spaced_Invader said:

No, they are not. I was raised old school. I'm not sure what "generation" you speak of, but I can assure you that I was not raised during that time nor would I share those values.

Im sure you speak for your entire generation as well.....

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[H_]
Members
795 posts

Not only is it "just a game" but, an arcade game, pretty far from reality.....  Want serious where you have to actually think: play one of the better sims where real sailors participate...  Of course, you'll get your butt handed to you a lot.

OP: enjoy "this game" as silly as it really is........

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[PT8TO]
Members
8 posts
6,577 battles
18 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

If OP wants to play competitive, ranked T5 is coming, and I expect Clan Battles is coming as well after that  Random Battles is just that.  Random.  Get over it.

Funny, but it was a division of your clan [wolfk] in their Kronstadts that made the comment. Ironic wouldn't you say? Or are you going to suggest that they are not a sub division of wolf?

Edited by Spaced_Invader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,006 posts
8,006 battles
Just now, Spaced_Invader said:

I'm sure you don't know much. That, I am sure of.

Here come the personal attacks. What a great representative of your generation.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
855 posts
3,587 battles
1 minute ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Here come the personal attacks. What a great representative of your generation.

Octavian you need to join my Clan homie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[PT8TO]
Members
8 posts
6,577 battles
5 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

I'm pretty sure wrong!

btw, anyone that feels they need to point out how good they are in a bb that snipes, should probably realize they are not that special (yes, i see you have been playing dd's lately as well). i'm sure you have looked and noted that my win rate is in the same category, yet i don't need to brag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
628
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,448 posts
11,762 battles
41 minutes ago, Spaced_Invader said:

I never use forums other than for perusing game related information such as updates. However, I am getting sick of these players that say, "it's just a game." They are the worst players who don't care about: teamwork, understanding the ships they are driving, and winning! I am also tired of repeating myself when I respond by saying, "Yes, you are right. However, some of us actually take the time to learn our ships and those of our opponents so that we can win! If you are here "just for fun" then play co op." Some of us actually care about winning as well!" FFS, I understand that this generation is more sensative, but at what point did: knowledge, common sense, and the yearning to win - become irrelevant? Sorry for rant, but I am sick of these kids saying this and not realizing that others have invested money, time, and heart into this game. I can't stand them!

Spaced Invader

O have invested more time, and most likely much more money than you have.

I watch hours of YouTube to learn the ships and tactics.

I have the knowledge on how to win, but lack some skill to know when to push, or how to position myself.

At the end of the day, this is a game ment to provide pleasure for each and ever one of us. 

Some players are kids playing just to blow stuff up.

Some players are older and cannot perform at expectations of others.

In the end each and every one of us is doing their best to play the game.

....

If you want coordinated attacks and dedicated team play, play clan wars.

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[-VT-]
Members
337 posts
6,670 battles

Hate to be a buzzkill, but it is "just a game."  You sit down at your computer, log in, maybe hook up with some clanmates for a div, and you have fun playing whatever mode you that floats your boat, be it random, scenarios, co-op, ranked, or clan battles. 

There will be times while playing I get frustrated by people on my team throwing the game out the window, but I tend to focus on how well I performed in the game.  If I lost having a great game, I don't take it too badly, but if my team wins carrying my under performing butt, I tend to get mad about that and try to do better in the next game.  You always strive to win, but you need to enjoy actually getting the wins. Have fun, it's just a game... 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
639
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,848 posts
1,332 battles
36 minutes ago, Spaced_Invader said:

Funny, but it was a division of your clan [wolfk] in their Kronstadts that made the comment. Ironic wouldn't you say? Or are you going to suggest that they are not a sub division of wolf?

What do you mean?  Wolf Clans are just that.  Lone Wolves.  They may play Clan Battles together for fun, but, they're not like an organized clan with rules about how they run the clan battles.  They may team up together, but they're still Lone Wolves.

I guess I don't understand your point.  

Edit: OK, so there's WOLF# and WOLF<letter> clans.  There's no central controlling authority over wolf clans.  They're clans full of lone wolves sharing the oil and the perks between them.  They may do some clan battles on a haphazard basis, and they may division up some, but that's about as organized as it gets.  The main other thing is that if you're inactive too long they'll fill the slot with another person.

 

 

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
639
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,848 posts
1,332 battles
17 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

There will be times while playing I get frustrated by people on my team throwing the game out the window, but I tend to focus on how well I performed in the game.  If I lost having a great game, I don't take it too badly, but if my team wins carrying my under performing butt, I tend to get mad about that and try to do better in the next game.  You always strive to win, but you need to enjoy actually getting the wins. Have fun, it's just a game... 

I do play to win, in Random Battles, but, if it doesn't work out, I do the best I can, or try to not repeat what I did if I derp really badly.  I don't rage at people, generally.  I might vent a little if it goes badly, but I try very hard to not get personal.  

I just finished a game in Boise where a Kami was trying to cap our base, and I was the only one in range to block his cap for a bit.  It got a bit tense.  I did eat 2 torps, but I have a heal, and then once we found him, I got some help from the team and we sunk him.  I'm really liking this ship!  Good guns, good heal, fun ship!  IFHE helps when uptiered as well.

 

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[NG-NL]
Members
5,018 posts
8,249 battles
1 hour ago, Spaced_Invader said:

I never use forums other than for perusing game related information such as updates. However, I am getting sick of these players that say, "it's just a game." They are the worst players who don't care about: teamwork, understanding the ships they are driving, and winning! I am also tired of repeating myself when I respond by saying, "Yes, you are right. However, some of us actually take the time to learn our ships and those of our opponents so that we can win! If you are here "just for fun" then play co op." Some of us actually care about winning as well!" FFS, I understand that this generation is more sensative, but at what point did: knowledge, common sense, and the yearning to win - become irrelevant? Sorry for rant, but I am sick of these kids saying this and not realizing that others have invested money, time, and heart into this game. I can't stand them!

Spaced Invader

I play to win too.

However, dude, realize there's no talking the baddies into raising their standards. Be content with yours and your mood won't darken so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
1 hour ago, Spaced_Invader said:

I am getting sick of these players that say, "it's just a game." They are the worst players who don't care about: teamwork, understanding the ships they are driving, and winning!

Or maybe they are the players who have a life outside of the game and don't rely on their stats for their sense of self worth?

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
22 posts
72 battles

Well, it is just a game. Do you get paid depending off your stats? Is getting in to college dependant on your win rate? No.

The majority of players play for fun, enjoyment.

All you can do is improve yourself so you can better carry teams.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
875
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,449 posts
8,107 battles

Know what, I'm oneof those people that will say "It's just a game" - and y'know what, I try and win, I try and learn the ships, ALL of the ships, but end of the day - it's still a game, that I play to have fun, so  try to avoid getting bent out of shape, as should you. 5/7 losses tonight, 2 from teams hiding, one that was just bad, one in Hak because even though I shot down 50+ planes people kept running off alone, meanwhile the last 4 red non-CV ships including a Wor and Mino stayed together so I couldn't do crap, and the last a Des wrecked the team. :etc_swear: happens.

 

Just cause some of us say "it's just a game", or "we play for fun", doesn't mean we don't give a damn, or don't try, it means that were not taking this so seriously, as to get in to toxic name calling, insults, telling people to uninstall, kill themselves, and the other crap people spew because MM is random and sometimes, you get potatoes, me, I get a lot of potatoes, and if I treated this game as seriously as my job, like some do, I'd have had to quit or lose my damn mind. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×