You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

31 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
45 posts
10,183 battles

WG your making a lot of mad and fed up players! Lots of mad players in Bug section. example My game froze as my division entered battle, knowing wows grip of death on windows, hard crashed computer and re-entered Tr9 battle for last 15 sec before it ended. I was awarded 0   xp and turned pink. and all those flags and cammo wasted, 

Stop all the new stuff and fix the bugs and don't pink players because of your bugs,!! Bad enough we lose money because of all the lost flags and cammo.

And 2 days ago I had to reinstall the game because the Mission page stopped displaying the bottom  half  of the page.

Posted this here and not the bug section because this is a public relation issue for you. suggest you put a temp. hold on giving out afk pinks till you fix the programing,

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[SIDE]
Members
1,261 posts
8,868 battles

You must have a potato pc. I can reboot my pc and be back in the game in record time with no penalty. Get a solid state hard drive; it will also dramatically improve your load time getting into matches.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[H_]
Members
801 posts

We've seen some server issues this week but, that's normal for games like this?  If you are in NA, I've never seen coding issues......only server issues?

Members
22 posts
72 battles

I have never had problems with WoWs, are you running mods?
Also I can boot my PC in under a minute.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,871 posts
1,338 battles
33 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

WG your making a lot of mad and fed up players! Lots of mad players in Bug section. example My game froze as my division entered battle, knowing wows grip of death on windows, hard crashed computer and re-entered Tr9 battle for last 15 sec before it ended. I was awarded 0   xp and turned pink. and all those flags and cammo wasted, 

Stop all the new stuff and fix the bugs and don't pink players because of your bugs,!! Bad enough we lose money because of all the lost flags and cammo.

And 2 days ago I had to reinstall the game because the Mission page stopped displaying the bottom  half  of the page.

Posted this here and not the bug section because this is a public relation issue for you. suggest you put a temp. hold on giving out afk pinks till you fix the programing,

That's on your computer or on your internet.  Stop blaming WG for running games on a toaster over wireless you poached from the store next door.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles

I do not know why Wows decided to turn players pink for AFK, never seemed much of an issue to me  and I see more AFK now than I did in the past so I guess it’s not working if that was there  intent

I was pink for 5 games when my Computer crashed another player who sank a friendly got 2 games , I’m such a baddy

Members
711 posts

my last WoWs crash was 19th of May 2018, the crash before that one was long ago back in 2016 if I recall, from my point of view, you could call WoWs many things but buggy is not one of them on the whole.

[FGNE]
Members
436 posts
728 battles
39 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

You must have a potato pc. I can reboot my pc and be back in the game in record time with no penalty. Get a solid state hard drive; it will also dramatically improve your load time getting into matches.

They make this game for the lowest common potato.

Members
22 posts
72 battles
17 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

They make this game for the lowest common potato.

There is a difference between a potato PC and a potato PC with windows full of junk, errors and malware.

@OttoVonPrien

If the game isn't running as intended, then something is wrong with your hardware, or more likely, windows.

Run malwarebytes and a viris scan once in a while.

Also open command prompt and type.

sfc /scannow

This will scan windows files and look for errors and missing files and try to replace them.

Edited by KatzeWolf

[PLPT]
Members
637 posts
6,850 battles

I’m a professional techie and have a clean machine -just- for WoWS yet I still get crashes. Three times so far this ranked season.

That being said, video drivers are a common cause of errors, and anyone experiencing issues is advised to install the latest drivers for their GPU before blaming WG.

Then blame WG  :)

Edited by n00bot
  • Cool 1

Members
22 posts
72 battles
5 minutes ago, n00bot said:

I’m a professional techie and have a clean machine -just- for WoWS yet I still get crashes. Three times so far this ranked season.

That being said, video drivers are a common cause of errors, and anyone experiencing issues is advised to install the latest drivers for their GPU before blaming WG.

Good point, I always overlook driver issues because it's an obvious thing for me to check, but I end up forgetting to mention it to pepole. :Smile_teethhappy:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,677 posts
9,071 battles
57 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I do not know why Wows decided to turn players pink for AFK, never seemed much of an issue to me  and I see more AFK now than I did in the past so I guess it’s not working if that was there  intent

I was pink for 5 games when my Computer crashed another player who sank a friendly got 2 games , I’m such a baddy

Because it was being abused. The number of AFK's did drop after they instituted that.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,871 posts
1,338 battles

I'm on a 2012 computer, with a 2014 vid card, and I don't have crashes or other game problems, except for this last issue (since fixed by WG) with the clan patches.  

Members
3,471 posts
6,183 battles

So you just have to believe it is a bug eh?  Lots of reasons of game crashes from hardware, internet, corrupt files and you jst jump to a bug bnot not enough to post any details in the bug section?  Interesting - almost like you - in the back of your head - know it probably isn't. 

Be pink for 2 games - you are blowing it way out of proportion.

[TDRB]
Members
1,115 posts
4,238 battles
1 hour ago, OttoVonPrien said:

It sounds more like your problem is with your computer &/or ISP.  Others have suggested checking your GPU for driver updates. Microsoft's updates also cause crashes. And Microsoft does NOT tell you about every update.

I've had several disconnects where I needed to reboot my system but I have never turned pink because of being AFK for 15 seconds.

I would suggest you get a solid state drive for Windows & your games. I built a new system in January & went with a M.2 drive. It is super fast loading Windows.

[PVE]
Members
195 posts
5,281 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

We've seen some server issues this week but, that's normal for games like this?  If you are in NA, I've never seen coding issues......only server issues?

I got disconnected a few nights ago. Hit the reconnect button, join game with half my health lost, launched my airplanes and ended game #2 on team. I did have connection issues the first night the 'pink for afk' change came out. Other than that I do not recall issues.

[NOBS]
Members
546 posts
5,936 battles

I thought my "crashes" had got better since the last update. 

I do get some crazy high ping's from time to time, but the game is mostly stable. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,290 posts
13,733 battles
1 hour ago, n00bot said:

Do not forget mods.   Mods can and will make you crash.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Because it was being abused. The number of AFK's did drop after they instituted that.

Abused so you say but I saw more AFKs in Ranked this season than last , but I’m only going on what I see in game, mostly Random X and some mid tier games

the player who would just load in and leave for ... if they did cause they just don’t care, I doubt they would care about pink

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,677 posts
9,071 battles
7 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Abused so you say but I saw more AFKs in Ranked this season than last , but I’m only going on what I see in game, mostly Random X and some mid tier games

the player who would just load in and leave for ... if they did cause they just don’t care, I doubt they would care about pink

There have been connection issues lately. It is an old bug that is rearing its ugly head again.

Members
373 posts
6 battles
4 hours ago, OttoVonPrien said:

example My game froze as my division entered battle, knowing wows grip of death on windows, hard crashed computer and re-entered Tr9 battle for last 15 sec before it ended.

Did your game freeze or your entire computer? Also, why did it take that long to reboot your computer?

Members
1,343 posts
504 battles
19 hours ago, n00bot said:

I have a dell Latitude CRAPTOP with a 4.6 rating and have crashed twice in three years....I update my Nvidia drivers on the REG.... and have windows 7.... I think that if your PC is better than MINE   it might still NOT be WG's fault...(And by YOUR PC, I really mean everyone's... if greater rigs are having issues it is still the rig... especially if my potato never has issues...

Just sayin... its NOT WG's Fault you have problems with all the crap on your computer running while you try to lay one of THE MOST  CPU/GPU demanding games ...

if there was major issues on WG's end then EVERY SINGLE PERSON, would have major issues... Bug?? Yes they happen often... and are usually fixed... but most times a bug happens , EVERYONE knows about it.... when a handful of players are having different issues... it usually means they need to clean up the background stuff.... this game wants ALL your PC's attention...
Hell I even sometimes have YOUTUBE running so I can listen to epic viking music in the background... and STILL dont have crashes or DC's...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
326 posts
31 battles
20 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

when someone blames WG for their inferior rig....

aDUA0rj.gif

He must have missed out on the +10% internet speed and +20% CPU processing power flags in the premium shop.