You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
2Zons

Selling Legendary Mod?

21 comments in this topic

[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,983 battles

If you sell a legendary mod will the personal mission to get one regenerate?  If so, it would be a good way to get all those premium consumables you earn in each stage.  Especially if the legendary mod in question is not so "legendary"

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,358 posts
9,520 battles

Hmm that is a great question. I am surprised we have the option to sell them.

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
53 minutes ago, 2Zons said:

If you sell a legendary mod will the personal mission to get one regenerate?  If so, it would be a good way to get all those premium consumables you earn in each stage.  Especially if the legendary mod in question is not so "legendary"

33 minutes ago, paradat said:

Hmm that is a great question. I am surprised we have the option to sell them.

I highly doubt WG will have it regenerate so you can farm consumables. I would expect that if you sell a Unique (Legendary) Upgrade, you very well could never get it back.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I highly doubt WG will have it regenerate so you can farm consumables. I would expect that if you sell a Unique (Legendary) Upgrade, you very well could never get it back.

Actually I expect that you either have to request a ticket for a buy back or you'll have to do the grind all over again.  The mods sell for 2.5 mill but given the time invested in grinding

[-SYN-]
Members
20 posts
1,837 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Uhhh, there are easier ways to grind credits... 

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
499 posts
5,581 battles

Just a guess...but if you sell it maybe the mission becomes available but with no prizes like repeating campaign missions?

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Actually I expect that you either have to request a ticket for a buy back or you'll have to do the grind all over again.  The mods sell for 2.5 mill but given the time invested in grinding

13 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

Just a guess...but if you sell it maybe the mission becomes available but with no prizes like repeating campaign missions?

Very likely possibility. It could be like the scenarios that you 5 star. You can do it again, but do not get the star rewards. If I was WG and someone wanted the module back, you could do the grind again to get it. Having it work like a premium ship that you sold would be more kind. I would put restrictions on how often you could get one refunded to keep people from pestering support.

[KRAK]
Members
1,171 posts
13,600 battles
3 hours ago, 2Zons said:

No. I sold my Des Moines "legendary" mod cause it was trash, the mission has never regenerated.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Very likely possibility. It could be like the scenarios that you 5 star. You can do it again, but do not get the star rewards. If I was WG and someone wanted the module back, you could do the grind again to get it. Having it work like a premium ship that you sold would be more kind. I would put restrictions on how often you could get one refunded to keep people from pestering support.

The amount of effort you put into the grind give the module some value. Only an idiot would sell it and then do the grind again when he wanted it. Far wiser to just demount it and not use. Or decide not to do the grind in the first place.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
1 hour ago, Vaffu said:

No. I sold my Des Moines "legendary" mod cause it was trash, the mission has never regenerated.

It's useful in Random when you want to warp around the island waifu quickly but not that useful in CB/Ranked when folks realize your range is only 15 km.

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
7 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

The amount of effort you put into the grind give the module some value. Only an idiot would sell it and then do the grind again when he wanted it. Far wiser to just demount it and not use. Or decide not to do the grind in the first place.

Well, you kind of had to do the grind. The mission appears when you play your T10. Now, you don't have to focus on grinding it as just playing the T10 will eventually finish the mission. For any Unique Upgrade I get, I will either use it or store it in the inventory in case it is buffed and/or changed later. It is Unique after all.

[PVE]
Members
5,597 posts
18,189 battles

When the regular "special" upgrade modules where introduced, they were considered trash because they required a slot taken up by more useful "normal" modules so people sold them. I hung on to mine because I didn't need credits and thought maybe they would change them. Sure enough they changed which slots they occupied so it make many of them quite useful.

I wouldn't sell the legendary modules for sure. The grind to get them is very long and who really needs credits that badly? They may change them in the future, history has shown they have no problem making changes to modules.  

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
24 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

When the regular "special" upgrade modules where introduced, they were considered trash because they required a slot taken up by more useful "normal" modules so people sold them. I hung on to mine because I didn't need credits and thought maybe they would change them. Sure enough they changed which slots they occupied so it make many of them quite useful.

I wouldn't sell the legendary modules for sure. The grind to get them is very long and who really needs credits that badly? They may change them in the future, history has shown they have no problem making changes to modules.  

You mean the extended life radar, spotter plane, smoke and engine boost?  You had no idea how much I wanted a radar mod .

[PVE]
Members
5,597 posts
18,189 battles
4 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

You mean the extended life radar, spotter plane, smoke and engine boost?  You had no idea how much I wanted a radar mod .

Like I said, when they were originally released they took up slots of more useful modules. The only one that I remember everyone saying was good was the smoke module for use on the Perth. That was pretty much it.... Now they are quite nice to have as they replace less useful modules.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,102 posts

The legendary upgrades are just a gimmick to keep tier ten full. Some of them are good, most are never going to get used. You do the grind to stock the pantry with consumables. I can now spew Def AA for the next 43 years.

[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,983 battles
2 hours ago, A_Little_Warped said:

Uhhh, there are easier ways to grind credits... 

I wouldn't do the missions over again for the credits.  The premium consumables you earn on the stages are very nice.  If I recall correctly the mission for the Shimakaze had 5? stages.  In total I earned 100 premium repair, 50 premium smoke, 50 premium speed, and 2 super camouflage (+300% XP).  If I recall correctly.  I tried to find a reference to the mission details. couldn't find any.

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
5 minutes ago, 2Zons said:

I wouldn't do the missions over again for the credits.  The premium consumables you earn on the stages are very nice.  If I recall correctly the mission for the Shimakaze had 5? stages.  In total I earned 100 premium repair, 50 premium smoke, 50 premium speed, and 2 super camouflage (+300% XP).  If I recall correctly.  I tried to find a reference to the mission details. couldn't find any.

All of the upgrades have the same five stages, with the same XP/Credit requirements. The only thing that changes is the premium consumables you get. They matched them up to the ship's consumables you are grinding.

[PVE]
Members
5,597 posts
18,189 battles
1 hour ago, 2Zons said:

Ahh I got what you are on about. That is a good question then. Yeah I am grinding the Montana missions to farm the other rewards as well as I am not too thrilled with the module itself.

[KRAK]
Members
1,171 posts
13,600 battles
6 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

It's useful in Random when you want to warp around the island waifu quickly but not that useful in CB/Ranked when folks realize your range is only 15 km.

You can use just the regular mods and achieve what the legendary one did without the gun range loss.

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
5 hours ago, Vaffu said:

You can use just the regular mods and achieve what the legendary one did without the gun range loss.

Nope. You need both the propulsion mod and the UU to get the ~8 sec acceleration to 27 knots. If you just have the propulsion mod, you have a ~21sec acceleration to 27 knots. I know as I tested it in the training room. When I get the UU, I will test WGs ~8 sec comment in the wiki.