You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

RN DD's

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
400 posts
9,366 battles

For those of you who have gotten access to the RN DD's and are worried about the T5,6 & 7 there is better to come. The Lightning is great and a completely different boat. Do not despair! And the Cossack is different to the Lightning though the same tier, the Lightning just seems better.

I was trying to reply to the silly Cossack is garbage thread but it got locked as I was typing! :Smile_smile:

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
622 posts

Would love to find out …….. if the Jervis or Lightning would ever freaking drop from the crates!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,669 posts
9,071 battles
20 minutes ago, hexeris said:

I was trying to reply to the silly Cossack is garbage thread but it got locked as I was typing! :Smile_smile:

I hate it when that happens but when the OP states their opinion in that manner the question isn't will it get locked but how long until it does.

1 minute ago, jmanII said:

Would love to find out …….. if the Jervis or Lightning would ever freaking drop from the crates!

Same here, I really wish the RN DD only missions would not be visible until the player has a ship that is eligible.

[BEER]
Members
177 posts
1,679 battles

I sure hope there is better to come, thus far they are all pretty terrible.

I have a 8 KM Torp limit, if its shorter than 8 KM, I don't play it.    As such, my RN DDs just sit in the port.    1 KM of room to work is just not enough, needs at least 1.5-2KM or stealth room to be effective.   So unless they wanna drop the specced concealment to 5.5 (haha) or up the torps to 8 KM, I will never play them.

[DENY]
Members
345 posts
4,734 battles

I believe that by the time the line drop , I will likely be close of 1m XP on my lighting already near 600k , the rn DD aren't for all people , you have to be well aware of your surroundings at all time in case a radar show up , when top tier you can wreck any DD in a knife fight

Beta Testers
400 posts
9,366 battles
25 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

I sure hope there is better to come, thus far they are all pretty terrible.

I have a 8 KM Torp limit, if its shorter than 8 KM, I don't play it.    As such, my RN DDs just sit in the port.    1 KM of room to work is just not enough, needs at least 1.5-2KM or stealth room to be effective.   So unless they wanna drop the specced concealment to 5.5 (haha) or up the torps to 8 KM, I will never play them.

Lightning has 8km torps and 5.5 detect with skills and modules.

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,773 battles

I have Icarus and Jervis and put enough XP on Jervis to be ready to buy Lighting when it comes out.

Icarus is ok. Not bad. Jervis is much better. Neither one is the best gunboat at the tier but they work well enough. No complaints here.

Good to hear Lighting is better though Jervis has the advantage of being in a (currently) better tier.

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
271 posts
1,792 battles

Lightning is the best of the tree.  Submarine detection levels and 360 degree turret 120mm guns that don't need ifhe.

[CHA0S]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
119 posts
3,695 battles

I have the 5,6, and 7 i've played the 5 not to fond of it i have not played the 6 but have played the 7 but for only 2 games and it feels good to me the torp angles on the 7 suck though.

[BEER]
Members
177 posts
1,679 battles
2 hours ago, hexeris said:

Lightning has 8km torps and 5.5 detect with skills and modules.

Would Love one...

Can't get one...

[DENY]
Members
345 posts
4,734 battles
10 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Would Love one...

Can't get one...

Prey the rng gods more, they need a sacrifice !

[ICE9]
Members
836 posts

I got the Jervis I was hoping for, and wasn't disappointed. With a few more skill points on old Burt, Jervis could be a really fun boat.

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
274 posts
3,719 battles

i have 5 and 6 love the icarus but am a ninja dd player get torp hits most games gun hits constantly. Run into islands alot as i watch incoming rounds and dodge its  like a sports car