You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Kron worth 750k free xp?

48 comments in this topic

Members
229 posts
4,600 battles

I'm getting really close to 700k free xp and want to know if the Kron is worth spending it on when there are things like the Jean bart and Alaska on the horizon? What are the best things and worst things about her? TIA

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Tough call between kron and Alaska... I run kron and have sort of regretted it. Don’t play it much anymore but not because I didn’t know what to expect... it’s just not really fitting in with where the game is going. IMO. 

Will alaska fit in better? No idea. I’m really luke warm on both. 

Edited by _ENO_

[HINON]
Supertester
19,190 posts
12,701 battles

Only you can answer that question yourself, OP. I bought it and am enjoying it a lot, Eno regrets it, you'll not get a singular answer here. Especially because we don't know your play style and what you enjoy.

All I can say is, read Mouse's review and decide for yourself if she sounds like something you might enjoy.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,579 battles

As Lert says responses will vary. I can only pass on my opinion which is no it is not worth the 750K FXP. The guns are extremely unreliable and wonky. If you have played Roma by chance and have been frustrated by it's guns expect more of the same with Kronshtadt. Different nations and guns but same horrid gun performance. Bad dispersion and tons of overpens and pathetic damage salvos on perfect targets with an occasional big damage salvo thrown in that makes you cuss and swear that it doesn't do that more. 

Alaska and Jean Bart are unknowns right now. Your call but my opinion is wait for them to see how they pan out and then decide. 750K FXP is a lot of FXP to spend on a ship you stop playing because it is so frustrating.:Smile_sceptic:

Beta Testers
845 posts
5,984 battles

I like it when the guns work.

And that pretty much sums up my opinion on it. The guns are so wonky at times I just look blankly at the screen after a shot and think...."I dont even know wth just happened there".

Members
1,458 posts
12,302 battles

Ha, glad it is not just me, ya take it out every salvo is a wonky experiment... can’t tell you how many times after I shoot at something in the Kron that I am saying “really!” to the screen as an on target salvo results in one overpen (or nothing).  Ship sits in port, my most disappointing Free Exp purchase (love my Missouri and Nelson still trying to decide on Musashi)..

Edited by Panzer1113

[POP]
Members
854 posts
9,737 battles

I got the Kronch, and I regret it.

as a DD/CL driver, the Kronch has a learning curve and a playstyle I'm not getting the hang of.

I'm on fire 90% of the time!

[FAE]
Members
2,160 posts
2,630 battles

The current battlecruiser design idea is rather boring. Mostly about able to move fast, accurate guns if you know how to aim. Radar.  whooo. Being overpowered cuz you're compared to a cruiser, and being part battleship is a seruios buff in power. 

Its an awful, braindead and uninspired design meant for power-creeping rewards. 

• Boring 1

[PLPT]
Members
632 posts
6,808 battles

Wait for a Free XP DD.  You’ll have millions of FXP built up by then...

To whomever gave me the sleepy reaction, it was perfect.  I’m falling asleep waiting for a FXP DD or a T10 Premium DD. Looks like we’ll have at least 3 FXP BB’s and 2-3 FXP CA’s first...

Edited by n00bot
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Members
220 posts
7,619 battles
33 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I'm getting really close to 700k free xp and want to know if the Kron is worth spending it on when there are things like the Jean bart and Alaska on the horizon? What are the best things and worst things about her? TIA

No. It's not fun to play, and you can guarantee that brohan

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
436 posts
18,692 battles

So I had this same issue just last night. Do I by the Kron or do I buy Musashi??? So since I already have a Yamato I bought the Kron. I have played one round in it and found it to be an odd ship. I thought the guns would be more accurate. and it turns awful. After I bought it my thought was I should have got the damn Musashi. We will see how it goes after a few more games. Like I had said I have only played it one round. 

kron.jpg

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,579 battles
17 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

The current battlecruiser design idea is rather boring. Mostly about able to move fast, accurate guns if you know how to aim. Radar.  whooo. Being overpowered cuz you're compared to a cruiser, and being part battleship is a seruios buff in power. 

Its an awful, braindead and uninspired design meant for power-creeping rewards. 

Knowing how to aim is not the problem for most people with Kronshtadt who gripe about the guns. The thing has atrocious in game accuracy despite somewhat decent gun stats. It does not translate to actual play.  You do everything right and most of the time you straddle the target. IF you do hit you get way more overpens, bounces, and shatters than actual pens. That's with the AP. The HE is borderline useless.

The only saving grace is when RNG decides you have had enough torture and gives you a decent salvo which gives good damage.

I don't know which is more frustrating to play; Kronshtadt or Roma? Both do the same stuff that is so irritating. One was a waste of FXP and the other a lot of real cash.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,736 battles

It's the worst FXP ship I have. I don't like it much at all. Wonky dispersion and horrible HE shells, which means broadside targets need only apply.

Just like any ship, the unicums can do well with it, but that ain't me.

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,736 battles
7 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I am torn to whether I should get the NELSON or not with my FXP.////

The Nelson is fun. I don't play much these days, but blame WG for all the t10 grinding it's making me do lately...LOL

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,736 battles
14 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Knowing how to aim is not the problem for most people with Kronshtadt who gripe about the guns. The thing has atrocious in game accuracy despite somewhat decent gun stats. It does not translate to actual play.  You do everything right and most of the time you straddle the target. IF you do hit you get way more overpens, bounces, and shatters than actual pens. That's with the AP. The HE is borderline useless

I 100% agree with this statement.

[SWANS]
Beta Testers
140 posts
6,686 battles

Look for some previews of Alaska on YouTube.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,093 posts
12,646 battles

Kronshtadt is basically a pre-armor-buff Moskva (25mm bow) with completely unreliable guns. In other words, it's a garbage in-game performer and I wouldn't be surprised to see it get a significant buff in the future.

As for whether it's worth it, that's really about what 750K FXP is worth to you. If you can afford to throw it at bad ships just so you can say you have them, then by all means, it's unique for its tier and looks pretty cool. If you want a ship that's powerful in game, keep looking, because this isn't it.

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,720 posts
4,737 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Going by profile you seem to enjoy your BB's more than cruisers so I'll try to tailor it that way.  I'm a cruiser main, but I'm far from the best at this game so these are just my experiences when I bought, played it and ran through it for a Youtube review video I did on it. 

Kronshtadt, no matter what the length, size, gun caliber and speed may lead you to believe, is still a Cruiser and not a battleship.  With a hybrid like this though you kind of straddle both sides of the fence, you've got a cruiser with some of the Crusier pros, but also has some of the BB drawbacks.  So you've got massive caliber guns, but without the cruiser accuracy, but not quite BB accuracy.  She's not too sluggish but she's long and takes a bit to turn, much like a BB instead of a cruiser.  Health Pool is massive though and her Torpedo protection is darn good as well. 

So basically, what it boils down too, you've got a Cruiser who excels as bullying other cruisers, but can be somewhat lacking in the cruiser role when facing off against Battleships and can be rather frustrating when having to take down the smaller DD targets.  I'm a huge fan of Graf Spee, play it like that as well so I enjoy it.  But it's definitely not a ship for everyone and will require it's own set of skills and a captain willing to learn some of her idiosyncrasies to make work.

Spoiler

Edited by vonKaiser
  • Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
371 posts
8,152 battles

Kronshtadt is my favourite and has been from the time it was available. As mentioned it suits some and not others.

Also, it is very unforgiving.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,190 posts
12,701 battles
12 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

it's a garbage in-game performer

Except that it outperforms every other T9 cruiser. Sure, there is a player bias involved, but it's not just that. Kronshtadt can be a very powerful ship and I enjoy her a lot.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,401 posts
7,411 battles

I bought Kronshtadt the instant it was released. I rather enjoy it, but ... it can be pretty inconsistent.

Here's a review / gameplay video I did with it:

• Funny 1

[ICBM]
Members
371 posts
8,152 battles
9 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I bought Kronshtadt the instant it was released. I rather enjoy it, but ... it can be pretty inconsistent.

Here's a review / gameplay video I did with it:

Excellent video Rusty...

There you go OP, watch and you'll have a very good idea of what this ship is about...

Chocolate Truffle Cake or Grule with nothing in between...

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,155 posts
10,144 battles

I like Kronshtadt, just fine, but I am also very much looking forward to Alaska. Jean Bart seems pretty 'gimmicky' to me, but I wil probably end up with it also. 

Just to remind you, if you get some flags and camo and premium time together and farm the Dynamo mission enough, you can get to 750K free xp in a matter of a couple of weeks.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,401 posts
7,411 battles

I spent a lot of time [female dogging] about the guns in that video, but... I still managed to get over 105k damage. They don't hit reliably, but they reload fast enough that you get a LOT of chances to do damage.