Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

So, is the T-61 the enabler of pinnacle, peak human performance?

21 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,160 posts
2,617 battles

(cough, is it actually literally super OP and a must-buy, or just a gudboat one could pass on if they have enough gudboats)

How does it do vs T8 + radar too? 

What are the downsides?

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,940 battles
24 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

(cough, is it actually literally super OP and a must-buy, or just a gudboat one could pass on if they have enough gudboats)

How does it do vs T8 + radar too? 

What are the downsides?

See LHM's review on it. 

[FAE]
Members
2,160 posts
2,617 battles
7 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

See LHM's review on it. 

Wanted second and more opinions. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,829 posts
11,513 battles

It's not OP, the reviews (or at least mouse's) overplayed how good the ship is.

Don't get me wrong, the T-61 is quite strong but it's garbage guns are a major weakness, there is little you can outgun.

T-61 is more dependent on good MM that some other destroyers IMO, being bottom tiered or in a match with lots of destroyers (especially gunboats) can really make your fight an uphill battle. 

Still, a fun boat that I am glad I bought it.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,511 battles

I wouldn't call her OP, but she does pretty well (YMMV):

Spoiler

iVQ6OGS.jpg

D9JWBrF.jpg

ISsongj.jpg

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,940 battles
30 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

It's not OP, the reviews (or at least mouse's) overplayed how good the ship is.

Don't get me wrong, the T-61 is quite strong but it's garbage guns are a major weakness, there is little you can outgun.

T-61 is more dependent on good MM that some other destroyers IMO, being bottom tiered or in a match with lots of destroyers (especially gunboats) can really make your fight an uphill battle. 

Still, a fun boat that I am glad I bought it.

It scales up to player skill. Torpedo range of 8 km . Detection range 6.1 km. The skill would be dealing with Radar CA's since you'd can get caught from 1-3 km inside a CA's radar.  Fast torp reload of about 68 seconds. So, the effectiveness is how much of a torpedomancer are you. How good are you at leading? You can spam fish, but how effective it is depends on your skill. This is not a ship that  has an  I WIN! button on int.

Also note that at 6.1 km, look at the competition and see how many radar CA's are there and cap at the edge. 

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,829 posts
11,513 battles
3 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

It scales up to player skill. Torpedo range of 8 km . Detection range 6.1 km. The skill would be dealing with Radar CA's since you'd can get caught from 1-3 km inside a CA's radar.  Fast torp reload of about 68 seconds. So, the effectiveness is how much of a torpedomancer are you. How good are you at leading? You can spam fish, but how effective it is depends on your skill. This is not a ship that  has an  I WIN! button on int.

Also note that at 6.1 km, look at the competition and see how many radar CA's are there and cap at the edge. 

Why did you quote me for this?

Never found radar cruisers to be a problem personally. Only a handful of radar ships at t7, so you really only have to deal with them at t8. Pretty easy to avoid. The only threat to the t61 is the plethora of dds that have better guns, better speed, and better concealment. 

[NOOOB]
Members
1,457 posts
12,292 battles

It is good, up tiers as well as any of the tier 6 DDs.  Have been tiered up a lot, quite a bit lately with the RN DD events happening.  Can’t be to aggressive, need to put as many torps in play as possible to be effective.  Do not regret the purchase 

Edited by Panzer1113

[FAE]
Members
2,160 posts
2,617 battles

ok, so torp spammy. but the 8km torpedoes makes competing against radar a royal pain? 

meh. Though, probably still better thann Gadjah. I gave up Gadjah cuz of t9 radar. 

Members
963 posts
7,140 battles

I have the t-61 and it's strong but only situationally op. I think it's been over hyped to be stronger than it really is. The main problems with the ship is it's on the slow side and its concealment is only average. There's actually a lot of mid tier DD that out spot it and many of them are faster. A good player can keep you lit up and you don't have the speed to rush them. However if you get into a game where few if any DD out spot you then you can dominate with torp spam.

[SOFOP]
Members
13 posts
3,288 battles

The T-61 is one of my go to ships when I'm in a slump. I'm not a very good player, I just want to have fun and sticking torpedoes is fun. That's not to say I don't have my share of bad games in it.

[DRACS]
Members
3,503 posts

She is indeed a touch OP. You have to intentionally play poorly to have a bad game in this ship. She has the same 4s reload on her guns as the rest of the line (which is faster than most DD guns at tier 6), and crazy good torp reload. Good stealth too. MUCH better than the Gaede.

I always have fun playing her.

[ARGSY]
Members
58 posts
3,130 battles
On 10/3/2018 at 8:58 AM, Rouxi said:

I have the t-61 and it's strong but only situationally op. I think it's been over hyped to be stronger than it really is. The main problems with the ship is it's on the slow side and its concealment is only average. There's actually a lot of mid tier DD that out spot it and many of them are faster. A good player can keep you lit up and you don't have the speed to rush them. However if you get into a game where few if any DD out spot you then you can dominate with torp spam.

Superintendent is almost a must for this dd. You need smoke to get out of jams. However, mid range with basic fire training and perhaps expert marksman and the guns do not do too bad. 

[WOLF9]
Members
165 posts

I can't get this boat to work at all. Play IJN mostly so probably should learn a different tactic to make 61 work. Any captain build ideas?

Members
3,754 posts
13,959 battles
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, MDREB said:

I can't get this boat to work at all. Play IJN mostly so probably should learn a different tactic to make 61 work. Any captain build ideas?

She takes some getting used to, I do pretty good with T-61. Her guns are marginal with HE but they're pretty accurate.

This is the build for the 19 point Captain that I use on T-61. I use this same Captain build on V-170, Z-39 and Z-52 also;

Priority target.

Preventative Maintenance.

Expert Marksman.

Last Stand.

Survivability Expert.

Torpedo Armament Expertise. (T-61 has a 61.2 second torpedo reload time with this skill)

Superintendent.

Concealment Expert.

I hope this helps. :Smile_Default:

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,170 posts
11,691 battles

I don't feel she's OP, I feel like she's kind of universal.  While some DDs tend towards gunboating and other tend towards torpedoing, T61 is comfortable in both styles.  It's kind of a t6 Fletcher.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
24,981 battles

The history of T-61 in game was that she was stupidly OP throughout most of the testing period but got more reasonably balanced right at the end. T-61 was teased for a LONG time, so there was a lot of anticipation for an OP DD. 

I actually like Z-39 as much if not better. Part of that is Tier 7 matchmaking rarely seeing T9 vs. T6 frequently seeing T8. But both are good boats. 

If you already know how to maximize the benefits of hydro in a DD, the T-61 is a good choice. 

Edit to add:  Z-39 hydro ship spotting 5.0 km detection in smoke 3.3 km => 1.7 km window. Very usable. 

T-61 hydro ship spotting 4.0 km detection in smoke 3.4 km => 700 meter window VERY skinny. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[WOLF9]
Members
165 posts
4 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

She takes some getting used to, I do pretty good with T-61. Her guns are marginal with HE but they're pretty accurate.

This is the build for the 19 point Captain that I use on T-61. I use this same Captain build on V-170, Z-39 and Z-52 also;

Priority target.

Preventative Maintenance.

Expert Marksman.

Last Stand.

Survivability Expert.

Torpedo Armament Expertise. (T-61 has a 61.2 second torpedo reload time with this skill)

Superintendent.

Concealment Expert.

I hope this helps. :Smile_Default:

Thank you for the feed back appreciate it and will change up my captain skills accordingly and hope to have more success with 61!!

This ship definitely seems to have a learning curve.

Thanks again.

Members
3,754 posts
13,959 battles
5 hours ago, Landing_Skipper said:

I actually like Z-39 as much if not better. Part of that is Tier 7 matchmaking rarely seeing T9 vs. T6 frequently seeing T8. But both are good boats. 

I like Z-39 too, she's my most played DD and I do pretty good with her. If someone wants a damn good tier 7 DD they cant go wrong with Z-39.

Sign in to follow this