You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

When will WG start Selling Halloween Containers?

18 comments in this topic

[FOG]
Members
328 posts
4,841 battles

Funny you post this, as I was wondering the same thing......

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

SOONTM

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,838 posts
1,327 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

SOONTM

Probably mid-month when the patch hits and the halloween operations start.

i.e. 0.7.10

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

Lol

:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
3,824 battles

The best containers were the 2017 Halloween containers when they had those premium Halloween camos in them which generated an obscene amount of doubloons in compensations for duplicate camos.

Got nearly 100k doubloons last year from that while spending nowhere near the amount you would've spend directly buying the doubloons.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
3 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

i.e. 0.7.10

I turn 65 shortly after that maybe I'll get a birthday Present:Smile_sceptic: Maybe Not

Edited by shadowsrmine

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

Halloween stuff is being tested in the PTS, so I would say when the patch drops next week. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,334 posts
13,063 battles
8 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

The best containers were the 2017 Halloween containers when they had those premium Halloween camos in them which generated an obscene amount of doubloons in compensations for duplicate camos.

Got nearly 100k doubloons last year from that while spending nowhere near the amount you would've spend directly buying the doubloons.

See what you did there … you jinxed it … now it will never happen!

Just like the vanishing Missouri, the intro premium ship fiasco and other WG "mistakes", they don't want you to have too much success :(

And btw OP, the Halloween containers are called "pumpkins" - get it right!

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
7,466 battles
9 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great::Smile_coin::Smile_medal:

9 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

i.e. 0.7.10

Halloween containers are coming on patch 7.10 on Oct 17th per the Dev bulletin on patch 7.10. The RN containers that give out Sovereigns will be replaced with Halloween containers. No info on if it will be a 1 to 1 swap or if there will be more or less Halloween containers each Directive. As a WAG, I would say 1 for 1 swap, but I don't work for WG. (Where should I send a resume?)  So remember, the free Sovereigns will almost certainly end on patch 7.10 on Oct 17th. I would not be surprised if the premium shop RN containers stayed until Sovereigns are converted on Nov 14th, but they may end early as well.

Guineas will still be given out as they are earned for completing Directives. You can earn up to 16 Guineas per patch (16 Directives per patch) and the 48th Directive with the 48th Guinea will drop Dec 8th. You will have until patch 7.12 drops on Dec 12th to complete those last four Directives in that very last Stage.

We do not have info yet on what will be in the Halloween containers. I would expect a dedicated Halloween article in the next two weeks, probably the week of the patch, that will give details on the Halloween event. I would expect that we will find out what is in the Halloween containers then. We should also find out if there will be some way to get the perma-camos from last year. We should also find out how to get the new perma-camos from this year. How much the boxes will cost and all of that.

If the Halloween event starts like the last few events, it will probably not start on patch day, Wed, Oct 17th. but will start within a few days of patch day. I would expect the Halloween containers to hit the shop from patch day, Wed, Oct 17th to Fri, Oct 19th as a SWAG.

As a WAG, I would expect the Halloween event to end on patch 7.11 on Nov 14th, if it does not end earlier than that.

Not sure what Patch 7.11 will bring to replace Halloween containers if they end on that patch.

• Cool 1

[-JAG-]
Beta Testers
4 posts
3,871 battles

Not purchasing them, but have noted that I'm now able to get 3, 4, and 5 stars pretty regular which is supposed to provide up to three containers. But none show up. I should have 10 containers from stars yesterday but all that are showing are two normal containers. What's the deal?

[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
7,466 battles
1 minute ago, Saragun said:

Not purchasing them, but have noted that I'm now able to get 3, 4, and 5 stars pretty regular which is supposed to provide up to three containers. But none show up. I should have 10 containers from stars yesterday but all that are showing are two normal containers. What's the deal?

You only get the Operation reward for the first time you get that star level. So say you 3 starred it the first time you played it, you would get the rewards up to 3 stars. But say the next time you played it, you got 5 stars. Then you would get the 4 Star and 5 Star rewards as you already go up to the 3 star rewards in the first game. This is how it works in all the operations.

You can get pumpkin containers in the RN Event. Completing a Directive gives you a pumpkin. Also in DIrectives III and IV there is one mission each with a pumpkin rewards. So every stage, you can get up to 6 pumpkins and the Devs said that there will be 24 available through the RN Event, so the first 4 Stages should have pumpkin rewards.

[-JAG-]
Beta Testers
4 posts
3,871 battles

Ah, that makes sense, thank you.  But, since there are no other rewards other than the pumpkins, there isn't much reason to do it after you win the 3, 4, and 5 stars other than the "fun factor" which, with some pickup groups, aren't all that much fun.

[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
7,466 battles
3 minutes ago, Saragun said:

Ah, that makes sense, thank you.  But, since there are no other rewards other than the pumpkins, there isn't much reason to do it after you win the 3, 4, and 5 stars other than the "fun factor" which, with some pickup groups, aren't all that much fun.

Grinding Elite Cmdr XP with the 19pt Halloween captains. For those with a bunch of 19 point captains, it might not be worth it, but for all the people without 19pt captains, it is a big boost.

[RMRGD]
Members
183 posts
16,888 battles

I was going to drop good money on this years Halloween containers till I read what is in them.   So if you did NOT do it last year and you want some great skins by all means get them.    I love every one of them and play those ships.   So if you have all of them really there is only 4 new skins for us.   The captains don't really matter since they offer nothing unique.   I got several 19 point capt with each faction as it is. 

• Mogami skins look amazing.   But why not put it on Atago/takeo?    Or least have the option to put it on either.  
  • Keiv is ok don't player her much since she was nerfed hard
  • Z-23 wouldnt ever need her if you have the premiums
  • Norcal - Great ship but if you have Alabama, Mississippi you probably don't play her much. 

Not going to say WG is your fault etc.   Just saying for us long time players, who have invested into the game for a long time now, get nothing out of these 4 new skins.   I would argue only 1 has any reply value being the Norcal.    Id LOVE the option to use them on the premium ships and then I would for sure throw money to get them.    As I think the Halloween camos are the best around. 

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles

Remember this years Halloween crates are not nearly as nice as last year's crates where you got doubloons for duplicate camos. They have already said you won't get duplicate items. Getting doubloons from crates is what made the event fun last year. Unless you just have to have one of the new monster camos, the crates this time around are just awful in terms of rewards. Use caution when buying, better yet, wait to see what others are getting before spending real money on them. All crates since the Aigle mission have been pretty terrible in terms of what you get compared to money spent.