You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlueByYou

Imagine A Royal Rumble Amongst WoWs Community Contributers

42 comments in this topic

[WOLFA]
Members
76 posts
5,891 battles

I was reading in the forum last evening about how the Community Contributor awards were put on hold. It is easy to understand Wargaming’s concerns on the evaluation criteria, but I still think we should show our thanks to these dedicated community contributors for the great work they do.

It would never happen in reality, so I think all of us should imagine in our minds a royal rumble involving the CCs on the Tears of the Desert map in the Epicenter battle format in an all out melee event, where only one CC will win and be left floating at the end.

As I describe my vision of the event, please please please do not take anything I mention as disrespectful to the WG CCs that I mention. These individuals all have positive effects on the game, and spend countless long hours helping us with our understanding of the ships and mechanics. They should be praised in their efforts, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun with them!

I would imagine it going something like this…..

At the start, I can imagine Flamu charging forward in a Khabarovsk for a quick capture of the Epicenter. He would be talking about how stupid some of his opponents’ ships are. Then behind an island, Jingles appears in a Minotaur and starts spamming Flamu while continually doing the Mighty One giggle. Little White Mouse charges in in her Gearing that is camouflaged to look like HMCS Haida and sends a spread of torps towards Flamu. Jingles continues to do the Mighty One giggling, but louder now that he sees Mouse’s torps heading towards Flamu. Flamu sinks quickly while he and the Flam-ites message profanity laced comments of the happenings. Notser tries to sneak up on Jingles in his Jean Bart, but unfortunately goes aground, and takes Jingles torps ending his game. Jingles continues with the Mighty One giggling. Meanwhile, Zoup, while eating pizza with pineapple on it, is firing from his Missouri at UrPeacekeeper in a Montana. Puddin in a Zao and Sneaky Snake in a Shimakaze have created a division and are full steam ahead towards Zoup and UrPeacekeepr with the intent of covering the water surface with torps. iChase in a Bismark engages Mejash in a Tirpitz in a battle of secondary weapons. In the end, I envision it being Mouse versus Jingles with Mouse’s torping skills out lasting Jingles’ spamming skills. As Jingles is sinking, he lets out one last Mighty One giggle, and says to Mouse “well done little one”. Little White Mouse is proclaimed the winner of the royal rumble!

Please post in this forum thread how do you imagine the fantasy royal rumble melee playing out as you would imagine it would so that the CCs can see who we each award the victory to.

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,149 battles

I don't see Jingles being able to hit Flamu's Khaba, Jingles is sh!t at everything, but especially shooting. And even the best players have trouble hitting a Khaba with mino's arcs.

I do really like the idea of deciding who to make an in-game captain by a CC death match. That would be great fun.

• Cool 2

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
3 hours ago, BlueByYou said:

a royal rumble involving the CCs

This would be fun  to watch but something similar happened a couple of years ago (not long after KM BBs were introduced)...it was actually CCs against the staff but the same idea could be incorporated.

It was an all day event w/a bunch of different scenarios...the 2 scenarios I remember off the top of my head were the 2ndaries only Bismarck battle on Two Brothers (where they all managed to cut the channel w/out ramming each other) & an all CV match that was just pure lag from all the planes in the air at once.

I think a similar competition w/different scenarios (each CC pick a ship & they all compete in each of those ships) would be better to give them all a chance to compete against those that excel in certain areas & see if they can best them w/each stage being worth a certain amount of points (all the same so nobody gets an advantage) & then have a final battle where they all pick their ideal ship against each other & the final stage being worth double points.

Or another option would be to just have 10 battles...1 at each tier...worth 10 points/tier for 1st, 5 points/tier for 2nd & 3points/tier for 3rd.

Unfortunately that does put the skill based CC at an advantage over the CCs that are more informative &/or entertaining so they might have to throw in a "talent" stage where they all choose a performance...singing/dancing/fire eating/hoola hooping/or whatever worth 200/100/& 50 points for 1st/2nd/& 3rd...voted on by the community.

OK...I'll stop now.:Smile_hiding:

[WOLFA]
Members
76 posts
5,891 battles
3 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I don't see Jingles being able to hit Flamu's Khaba, Jingles is sh!t at everything, but especially shooting. And even the best players have trouble hitting a Khaba with mino's arcs.

I do really like the idea of deciding who to make an in-game captain by a CC death match. That would be great fun.

Should it be called CC Death Match or something else. I thought Royal Rumble would be safe, but as someone mentioned CC Wrestlemania, thoughts of Pay Per View revenue for Wargaming stirred in my head. 

[WOLFA]
Members
76 posts
5,891 battles
2 hours ago, ElasticSpyder said:

I have a feeling that Puddin and Sneaky Snake aren't CC's. If I am mistaken then there is one person missing...

Sorry Spyder, I should have mentioned you in the BJA division with them sailing your Yamato, while having a blast Zoup and UrPeacekeeper. Thank you to all three of you for the great videos. All three of you are CCs whether Wargaming says it or not.

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,480 posts
2,430 battles
8 hours ago, BlueByYou said:

we should show our thanks to these dedicated community contributors for the great work they do.

Nice sentiment.

so I think all of us should imagine in our minds a royal rumble involving the CCs on the Tears of the Desert map in the Epicenter battle format

Huh?  I thought the idea was to thank them, not to punish them.

• Funny 1

[EFEWE]
Members
63 posts
4,959 battles

If Femmenenly gets to play a CV she wins no question, otherwise Starshield_NA will kill both Notser and AshleyakaAshley after they accidentally make friends with Islands and then LittleWhiteMouse will swoop in with her Haida and take the victory.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WGA]
Administrator
697 posts
251 battles

Well if you are heading to Anchors Away Anaheim next month we may have an interesting exhibition for you...

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,022 battles
1 hour ago, TheTrickpony said:

If Femmenenly gets to play a CV she wins no question, otherwise Starshield_NA will kill both Notser and AshleyakaAshley after they accidentally make friends with Islands and then LittleWhiteMouse will swoop in with her Haida and take the victory.

Not if we rig it so opposing players all have AA ships... :Smile_teethhappy: Lol there are reasons I only use CVs on weekends or other such times when lots of bad players are online is because they will be clueless on how to defend with evasive action or Upgrading their AA, but on weekdays during the day players are too smart and well equipped to pick off easily with a CV. 

Had Fem after me before and had my mid tier BB well equipped with AA and was taking heavy toll on her planes. But not everyone does that. But I figure if I can discourage aircraft and DDs then my main guns can deal with BBs and CAs.

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,022 battles
7 hours ago, BlueByYou said:

Should it be called CC Death Match or something else. I thought Royal Rumble would be safe, but as someone mentioned CC Wrestlemania, thoughts of Pay Per View revenue for Wargaming stirred in my head. 

CC Death match? I can think of a different name / event for them...

DF00606E-0459-4EA8-B76E-0CD54ABE2CC7.jpeg.2109addd1a2bf779b67db38d36c9a0af.jpeg

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,578 posts

Wasn't this already in the works?

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
33 posts
267 battles

I remember the CC cross server match several years ago. Both staff and CCs were involved and it looked pretty fun. 

• Cool 1

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
1 hour ago, HCl_plus_NaOH said:

I remember the CC cross server match several years ago. Both staff and CCs were involved and it looked pretty fun. 

Ya that was pretty fun to watch.

It's too bad that similar things aren't done more often, but in various flavors.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,711 posts
8,143 battles
16 hours ago, BlueByYou said:

I was reading in the forum last evening about how the Community Contributor awards were put on hold. It is easy to understand Wargaming’s concerns on the evaluation criteria, but I still think we should show our thanks to these dedicated community contributors for the great work they do.

It would never happen in reality, so I think all of us should imagine in our minds a royal rumble involving the CCs on the Tears of the Desert map in the Epicenter battle format in an all out melee event, where only one CC will win and be left floating at the end.

As I describe my vision of the event, please please please do not take anything I mention as disrespectful to the WG CCs that I mention. These individuals all have positive effects on the game, and spend countless long hours helping us with our understanding of the ships and mechanics. They should be praised in their efforts, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun with them!

I would imagine it going something like this…..

At the start, I can imagine Flamu charging forward in a Khabarovsk for a quick capture of the Epicenter. He would be talking about how stupid some of his opponents’ ships are. Then behind an island, Jingles appears in a Minotaur and starts spamming Flamu while continually doing the Mighty One giggle. Little White Mouse charges in in her Gearing that is camouflaged to look like HMCS Haida and sends a spread of torps towards Flamu. Jingles continues to do the Mighty One giggling, but louder now that he sees Mouse’s torps heading towards Flamu. Flamu sinks quickly while he and the Flam-ites message profanity laced comments of the happenings. Notser tries to sneak up on Jingles in his Jean Bart, but unfortunately goes aground, and takes Jingles torps ending his game. Jingles continues with the Mighty One giggling. Meanwhile, Zoup, while eating pizza with pineapple on it, is firing from his Missouri at UrPeacekeeper in a Montana. Puddin in a Zao and Sneaky Snake in a Shimakaze have created a division and are full steam ahead towards Zoup and UrPeacekeepr with the intent of covering the water surface with torps. iChase in a Bismark engages Mejash in a Tirpitz in a battle of secondary weapons. In the end, I envision it being Mouse versus Jingles with Mouse’s torping skills out lasting Jingles’ spamming skills. As Jingles is sinking, he lets out one last Mighty One giggle, and says to Mouse “well done little one”. Little White Mouse is proclaimed the winner of the royal rumble!

Please post in this forum thread how do you imagine the fantasy royal rumble melee playing out as you would imagine it would so that the CCs can see who we each award the victory to.

We had a CC rumble before: EU vs NA. Sorry and humiliating to say, everyone on NA except Notser got their afts kicked in each and every event. On their last battle, the battles were t6, the EU CCs chose one unified class of ship while the NA CCs all got into their favorite t6 ships. I remember LWM in her Warspite, and Flamu in a Farragut; it was horrible.

Aside Notser, the EU CCs except Jingles are Ultra Unicorns; Together they are Death Star Unicorns. Whereas NA is more of a yacht club.

[WOLFA]
Members
76 posts
5,891 battles
3 hours ago, Crokodone said:

We had a CC rumble before: EU vs NA. Sorry and humiliating to say, everyone on NA except Notser got their afts kicked in each and every event. On their last battle, the battles were t6, the EU CCs chose one unified class of ship while the NA CCs all got into their favorite t6 ships. I remember LWM in her Warspite, and Flamu in a Farragut; it was horrible.

Aside Notser, the EU CCs except Jingles are Ultra Unicorns; Together they are Death Star Unicorns. Whereas NA is more of a yacht club.

Just remember that the Death Star was destroyed ... Twice. Mouse is the NA Jedi

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,711 posts
8,143 battles
26 minutes ago, BlueByYou said:

Just remember that the Death Star was destroyed ... Twice. Mouse is the NA Jedi

That makes Notser the NA Yoda.

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
304 posts
6,749 battles

Just gonna say, I am a former professional wrestler. I endorse this idea.

• Cool 3

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
1,957 posts
8,921 battles
4 hours ago, Crokodone said:

If I recall this particular event correctly, it wasn't meant as a competition; it was intended to be a fun, team-building exercise that introduced some of the NA and EU CCs to each other.  

To your last point, @Lord_Zath would probably disagree with you, among others.  

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,711 posts
8,143 battles
5 minutes ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

If I recall this particular event correctly, it wasn't meant as a competition; it was intended to be a fun, team-building exercise that introduced some of the NA and EU CCs to each other.  

To your last point, @Lord_Zath would probably disagree with you, among others.  

The last few battles were meant as a competition since thats what the viewers camr to see. Watching 24 bismarcks was very boring. Had it been 24 CVs duking it out? You dont see that every day.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
1,957 posts
8,921 battles
1 minute ago, Crokodone said:

Had it been 24 CVs duking it out? You dont see that every day.

Probably because everyone's computers would melt down during the attempt.

• Funny 1

[TAZ]
Members
399 posts
21 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

This ^^^^

[WOLFA]
Members
76 posts
5,891 battles
2 hours ago, Crokodone said:

That makes Notser the NA Yoda.

Do you think Zoup would make a good Han Solo then? UrPeacekeeper would definately be the knowledgeable R2D2. iChase could be BB 8.