n00bot

Forum Feedback

8 comments in this topic

[PLPT]
Members
635 posts
6,830 battles

Most staff posts are thread locks.  By giving staff posts a prominent place on the forum home page, you are basically highlighting the worst, most toxic threads on the forum! Whenever I log in, I have to scroll wayyy down to get to “regular” content that isn’t a trollfest.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
3 minutes ago, n00bot said:

Most staff posts are thread locks.

In Before The Lock!:cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,137 battles

While I agree that most staff posts are locks (but the posts are often good for a laugh), sometimes there is very important info that they are giving out. Contest announcements, patch notes, Dev updates, comments on things that pertain to the whole community. Also, while the forum admins are most often highlighted, so are some other people, PigeonofWar, and SubOctavian are usually posting things that I want/should read. So I think highlighting those things is offsets the minor inconvenience of seeing what posts are being locked.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles

Both WoT & WoWP forums have the recent posts at the top and the staff posts below.

Community Department
2,113 posts
520 battles
47 minutes ago, n00bot said:

Most staff posts are thread locks.  By giving staff posts a prominent place on the forum home page, you are basically highlighting the worst, most toxic threads on the forum! Whenever I log in, I have to scroll wayyy down to get to “regular” content that isn’t a trollfest.

We don't lock any topic without reading and summarizing it as a feedback. But we are interested mostly in constructive one. 
There may be many subjective and objecetive reasons why topics become toxic. We try to prevent this. 
So if you see the thread locks usually it's a necessary measure. Posts in the end became violating, the issue solved or became not actual so there is no need to continue discussing it. Maybe it's a suggestion which was discussed some time ago. Rarely there may be a topic with promotion of ones point of view and it's far from the game reality etc.
Thank you for your feedback. We'll take it into account to improve our approach in the future.

Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
26 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

We don't lock any topic without reading and summarizing it as a feedback. But we are interested mostly in constructive one. 
There may be many subjective and objecetive reasons why topics become toxic. We try to prevent this. 
So if you see the thread locks usually it's a necessary measure. Posts in the end became violating, the issue solved or became not actual so there is no need to continue discussing it. Maybe it's a suggestion which was discussed some time ago. Rarely there may be a topic with promotion of ones point of view and it's far from the game reality etc.
Thank you for your feedback. We'll take it into account to improve our approach in the future.

He's not debating whether the locked threads should be locked or inquiring why they are locked...he's just pointing out that all staff posts are grouped together whether they are locked threads or informative ones.

I personally don't mind it because some of the locked threads are highly entertaining & it doesn't take long to realize that they are locked instead of informative ones but if you could separate the locked ones from the informative ones & keep the informative ones at the top...have the regular unlocked present threads next & put the locked ones at the bottom it would make it easier for those looking for information to find it w/out having to filter through all the locked ones & the locked ones will still be available for those that enjoy the entertainment value of them.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
635 posts
6,830 battles
24 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

He's not debating whether the locked threads should be locked or inquiring why they are locked

@turbo07 Yes, please re-read what I wrote. I don’t think you understood. The point is that you have this huge sidebar for staff posts, and in effect it’s full of locked threads, not something you really want to put in a prominent position on your forum homepage.

You might as well rename “WG Staff Posts” to “Worst Threads on the Forum” and pin that to the top of the page.

Edited by n00bot

[PLPT]
Members
635 posts
6,830 battles

By way of illustration, the top of your website, the very first post, is currently “Are there any MAGAt-free clans?

Is that what you want to highlight? Fix your forum design.