You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toten

Can I get a good game...

15 comments in this topic

[ASHIP]
Members
30 posts
8,000 battles

WoWs is becoming just like WoT, World of blowouts. No close games just one team steam rolling the other, no fun or xp for either side its over so fast.

WG put avg xp into match making and we would get better games.

[NGA]
Supertester
186 posts
5,157 battles

Ive been the complete opposite lately. All super close nail biters that nearly give me heart attacks. This is not good for my health!

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
449 posts
1,965 battles

To have a good game today you need to redefine what a good game is. A good game three years ago can very rarely be had today, so looking for that is like finding the needle in a haystack. Players today, the large casual crowd, have different motives and goals than competitive players had three years ago. So, in essence, it is either adapt, play and move on or find other pastures. This is it for the foreseeable future, we either deal or leave.

Edited by Krautjaeger

[SC]
Members
1,579 posts
10,042 battles

WOWS is now where WOT was when people started leaving and going to play other games. I've played other MMO games but only WG MM seems to flow against the natural odds of probability. 7-8 battles in a row where your team gets steam rolled followed by the same thing the next day and then the next followed by regular games. As soon as I get one day winning streak it's predictably followed by several non stop losing streaks. When it happens for week, perhaps a month it's fluke/luck. When it happens consistently month after month there's something else at play. Just calling it as I see it.  

[ASHIP]
Members
30 posts
8,000 battles

How do you adapt to your team being 5 ships down in first 5 min of game? you don't you lose and get punked on xp and credits. Or inversely other team dies so fast your lucky to get dmg down. so only thing remaining is find another game, copy that..

Edited by Toten

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
288 posts
4,430 battles
29 minutes ago, EpicLeveler said:

Ive been the complete opposite lately. All super close nail biters that nearly give me heart attacks. This is not good for my health!

I ditto this. I am often in 15-20 min games lately. 

[H_]
Members
232 posts
7,301 battles
37 minutes ago, Toten said:

World of blowouts. No close games just one team steam rolling the other

I would agree with this based off of perception, I don't keep actual statistics on it.  Very rarely these days are the scores within 50 or 100 points of the other, usually it's very lopsided.  Really can only think of a handful of games lately that were ever remotely even battles.

No idea why.. just seems to be happening a lot.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts

Ya- I got stuck in "That" part of pve mm this weekend:   Either the bots laid down and died with nary a whimper in the first 5 minutes- or I got the a-hole bots.   Seriously 3 frigging losses in a row- in Co-op!!- because the team just evaporated.

Then the normal Murphy's law [edited]: (darn his soul to hell...)  play a BB?  Get teams of 5+ DD's.  ( low damage, insta wins due to the tiny damage pool present)

play a cruiser?  Get the aimbot BB's from hell.  press W, move ahead, get dev struck.  rinse. repeat.

Play a DD?  get CL heavy games with the EFF DD's!!! swarmbots.

Few actually fun games.  When you start missing the "new improved!" kite n run bots, you know you're having a bad run of it, lol!

I think the biggest epic fail match was in my Alabama.  I pushed hard right up the middle- and ended  up with nothing to shoot at.  What few bots weren't chasing squirrels to the far edges of the map, were hiding behind rocks.  I had 6000 damage total- until I spotted the red CV and had it all to myself.   Also 3 times as many plane kills as anyone else- inc our CV- because the Bot CV would not leave me alone.   He got ZERO damage on me- the squadrons just melted away.  So it was with much relish that I spotted him in range of my guns!  (mainly because FINALLY!! Something to shoot at!!)   Aren't AA spec USN BB's great, sometimes??!!

I had to go to OPS- AND bring THE "correct" ship to have a good game.  OR drop down to tier 1 and drive my Dasha equipped Bougainville.  I swear she makes that ship even more fun, lol!

There have been many quitting early in disgust days lately.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,066 posts
9,412 battles

I do have to say that this last week there has been some very close games, right down to the wire...but it 2-3 weeks ago probably 75% of my games were blowouts, usually within the loss of the first DD, then followed by the CA following right behind, then the BB or two that got drilled in the next 2 minutes not being able to "see" their enemies easily or torped.   Suddenly one team down 3-5 ships... This is why many WoWS games end up as "blowouts", if we define a blowout as one side losing less than half of the other side's losses.   WoWS blowouts are like evil dominoes...once the first one goes the next can go in rapid succession, especially if the reaction of the "losing" side is slow.  For example, your on the flank with a DD, CA and two BBs, and your DD goes down quick and doesn't take out the enemy DD.  If your others ships do not kill DD in that small window of detection, then your blind and the CA will go down quick too.  What to do?  In this example, if I am playing the CA and have lost the kill I have two options. Charge the DD and try for the kill, and probably die, or turn around and kite away RIGHT NOW.  Following BBs should do the same.  This minimizes the losses on a "lost" flank and what I find that if we run and our other flank or center wins their initial encounters, we will turn the game around or it will be tight.

Members
3,492 posts
6,195 battles

I have had plenty of games last nearly the entire time - lots of close game s the last 6 months or so.  Truth is - even with 'average XP' (average total XP?  average ship XP? or what?) there will still be blowouts...

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
7 hours ago, Toten said:

WoWs is becoming just like WoT, World of blowouts. No close games just one team steam rolling the other, no fun or xp for either side its over so fast.

I've seen many more close games in ranked than random lately.

[INTEL]
Members
8,604 posts
25,771 battles

You want good games? Stop playing T8-10. Thats where the worst games are. The vast majority of high tier matches are crappy blowouts. 

Bring ships you are good in. 

Avoid CVs, exit queue when they appear.

Div. Div mates acting in concert can turn matches around.

WG wants blowouts and designed the game to promote them. There is no way to completely avoid them. But at least you can reduce the number of crappy games youre in

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

Tonight has been especially bad...some of the worst teams I've ever seen.  The matches are horrible because one team uses absolutely trash tactics, usually clumping all the ships in one quadrant, not even on a cap, just waiting to lose on points or get surrounded and crushed.  Super frustrating. 

ETA: Ah, I was totally exaggerating.  It only took a 180k damage game in Khab to get a win...easy, peasy. :Smile_sad:  To be fair, there were 4 ships on my team that carried the load that match, and it was a close one...like everyone says they want.  Not a bad way to end the night.

Edited by Mahrs

Members
22 posts
72 battles

Went from 52% win rate to 46% in 10 games because of crappy teams. But I have low games played on this account so my win rate is very volatile. 

Community Department
2,131 posts
520 battles
On 02.10.2018 at 8:01 PM, Toten said:

Sorry but we don't plan any average xp MM implementing into the game. The question was discussed number of times. Nobody will win from this. And the stats will aim to 49% for every player. This doesn't seem to be an attractive future for all. 
Locking.