You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackBinary

I no longer look forward to opening super containers.

80 comments in this topic

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
570 posts
3,350 battles

You may as well just call them "more signals" at this point, it's becoming ridiculous.
I miss when I was tired of finding free XP, credits, premium time as opposed to ships.
I'd be overjoyed nowadays to get one of those, as opposed to 25 of whatever flag...

• Cool 14

[MEIST]
Members
870 posts
3,054 battles
14 minutes ago, JackBinary said:

I want one filled with coal for a change.

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
570 posts
3,350 battles
4 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

I'd actually forgotten that was possible. Never got one.

Edited by JackBinary

[YORHA]
Members
3,323 posts
4 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Got one with 15,000 coal a week or so ago.  Helped to finish off the grind to Salem nicely.

They do exist.

• Cool 2

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
47 posts

If you keep praying to RNGesus. You just may get something.  As for me , three years of supercontainers and not one ship.lol. "Flamu"!!!! I need that luck of yours!!!!

Cheers  <o,

[AR15]
[AR15]
Beta Testers
101 posts
9,884 battles

Supercontainer?  What is that?  LOL

Last two I got I got had the "Go faster flags" and the other one had the "AA assist".....wow...

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

Atleast ur getting them.... 1000+ games, ive not even seen one.

WG should increase their chances of happening by a nice fat amount...

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
870 posts
3,054 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Got one with 15,000 coal a week or so ago.  Helped to finish off the grind to Salem nicely.

They do exist.

Congrats! I saw somewhere someone get that. I got 2 super containers last month and they were just signals.

[WOLF6]
Members
65 posts
2,136 battles

I received my first SC after a 2-3 month wait and was awarded 100X of a signal set that I rarely, if ever, use. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles

Nerfing them to include 25 flags is anything but "Super". As rare as these containers are, they should contain a minimum of 50.

• Cool 4

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
Just now, Dr_Wigglespank said:

Nerfing them to include 25 flags is anything but "Super". As rare as these containers are, they should contain a minimum of 50.

crap, as rare as they are, they should come with 50 of every signal, 25 of every special flag, 50-150k fxp, 10-25k coal and steel, 5m credits and 1 of each of those special modules....all in 1...that would be super

• Cool 2

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
570 posts
3,350 battles

I'm glad others share my frustration.
They're rare, and even within them, the good rewards are rare. We're talking minute percentages of minute percentages of a chance to get anything decent out of them.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,495 battles

Completely agree. I guess just happy they stopped putting useless spotter plane mods in them. They definitely need a buff in drop rate and goodies.

beware someone will come saying howdy derp it’s free be happy. I’d like to give them some used tp and see if they’re happy about it, it’s free right?

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
4,406 posts
9,538 battles

My hauls since September '17:

• 9/12/17 - TYL super container = 50 Ocean Soul camo.  I had 35 regular containers.
  • 9/14/17 - TYL super container = Defensive AA Fire mod 1.  I had 4 regular containers.
  • Two super containers for owning 2 T10 ships during WoWS 2nd Anniversary event = 100 Juliet Charlie signals, and 100 Juliet Charlie signals again (ouch!)
  • 9/20/17 - TYL super container = 50 Halloween 2016 camo.  I had 13 regular containers.
  • 9/22/17 - Two super containers from Stage 3 of Yamamoto campaign = 50 La Fheile Padraig 2017 camo, and Smoke Generator mod 1.
  • 10/12/17 - Two super containers from Stage 4 of Yamamoto campaign = Spotting Aircraft mod 1 (sigh) and Engine Boost mod 1.
  • 10/16/17 - TYL super container = 25 Red Dragon flags.  I had 46 regular containers.
  • 11/13/17 - signals super container = 50 Wyvern flags.  I had 51 regular TYL and Signals containers.
  • 11/14/17 - signals super container = 50 Halloween 2016 camo.  I had 2 signals containers. 
  • 12/3/17 - signals super container = 50 Ouroboros flags.  I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40 containers.
  • 12/23/17 - TYL super container = 50 Gamescom camo. I had 32 regular containers.  (This is my favorite of the non-historical camo...one of the few I do like)
  • 1/4/18 - two super containers from Containers of the Past mission = 100 Sierra Mike signals, and 50 Restless Fire camo.
  • 1/27/18 - TYL super container = 7 days premium time. :Smile_Default:  I had 69 regular containers.
  • 2/2/18 - TYL super container = 25 Red Dragon flags.  I had 13 regular containers.
  • 2/6/18 - TYL super container = Defensive AA Fire mod 1.  I had 5 regular containers.
  • 3/13/18 - TYL super container = 100 Zulu signals.  I had 60 regular containers.
  • 3/20/18 - TYL super container = 100 Equal Speed Charlie London signals.  I had 9 regular containers.
  • 3/21/18 - TYL super container = 50 Valentine's Day camo.  I had 1 regular container.
  • 4/15/18 - super container from Varyag Marathon, Part 1 = 1,000 doubloons.
  • 5/29/18 - TYL super container = 25 Red Dragon flags.  I had 99 regular containers.
  • 6/12/18 - TYL super container = 50 La Fheile Padraig 2017 camo.  I had 21 regular containers.
  • 6/25/18 - two super containers from mission 2 of "Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often!" campaign = 100 November Echo Setteseven signals, and Damage Control Party mod 1.
  • 6/26/18 - TYL super container = 1,000 doubloons.  I had 21 regular containers.
  • 7/4/18 - TYL super container = 100 Ouroboros flags!  I had 13 regular containers.
  • 8/6/18 - Resources super container = 50,000 Free XP.  I had 53 resources and TYL containers.
  • 8/16/18 - Resources super container = 25 Ouroboros flags.  I had 15 resources containers.
  • 8/20/18 - two super containers from mission 3 of "Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often!" campaign = 100 Juliet Charlie signals, and 50 Halloween camo.  (yuck on both)
  • 09/06/18 - super container from "3 Years of WoWS" collection = 50 Restless Fire camo.
  • 09/12/18 - two super containers from mission 4 of "Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often!" campaign = 50 Dragon flags, and 15,000 coal.
  • 09/16/18 - 7 super containers for owning T10 ships during 3rd WoWS Anniversary event = 100 India X-Ray signals, 100 November Foxtrot signals, 100 India Delta signals, 50 Gamescom camo, 1,500 steel, 25 Red Dragon flags, and 50 La Fheile Padraig camo
  • 10/02/18 - TYL super container = 50 Ouroboros flags.  I had 80 resources and TYL containers.
Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,836 posts
11,533 battles

I mostly just get camos I don't need. So yea, not too excited either by them. But there is always the chance of something worth while.

[HBR]
[HBR]
Alpha Tester
97 posts
6,053 battles

Because of my missions for Halsey I received two super containers yesterday. One of them had 15k coal and the other had 100 flags for XP (I already have like 400 of those so kind of pointless).

But yeah I do agree that super containers contain more random flags then anything useful like more coal, steel, free exp or doubloons.
I am glad they removed the upgrades from the containers because I was receiving those all the time instead of something useful.

[PLPT]
Members
632 posts
6,810 battles

That explains it... There’s a bug giving Desmo2 ALL the supercontainers.

Seriously, how’d you get all those??? Ridiculous luck compared to me.

Members
1,761 posts
795 battles

The problem is, the longer you play, the less valuable most things become.

If you play enough games, how many flags do you need?

Also, if you are paying for premium times and gold already, anything other than coal, steel, or a ship isn't worth much.

In my 400 games, I've picked up 2 SCs.  One for 50 Ocean Soul Camo's and 25 of the special credit flags.  To me those are worth something, but someone playing a tier X permacamo ship they are worthless.

• Cool 3

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,495 battles
7 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

My hauls since last September:

Amazing drop rate! Do you have a method for tyl picks, every 10 or something like that? Or do you just do it randomly?

[H_]
Members
231 posts
7,217 battles

SC yesterday, 50 valentines camo.   Usually I just pick Camo and signals so..  First SC in quite some time.  Never really expect outlandish things like ships etc. so it's free, I'm good.

Beta Testers
241 posts
6,129 battles

I got more SC from choosing More Resource container than Luck one, I just wish I did not always get flags and camos. I never got what I wanted out of a SC.

[O_O]
Members
4,406 posts
9,538 battles
6 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Amazing drop rate! Do you have a method for tyl picks, every 10 or something like that? Or do you just do it randomly?

I was using mostly TYL.  I switched to "resources" to build up some coal, but once I had opened 50-60 I switched back to TYL because I figured I was about due for a super container.  Now I am back to "resources".

[-FH-]
Members
54 posts
707 battles

I still think a super container with a drop down menu attachment would be far more useful than random ...but only Sith deal in absolutes...and we all know WG is not a cabal of Siths snickering when we dont get what we want.

Edited by Gin_Blossoms