You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoNoPanda430

What would you do if you have unlocked every Tier X?

65 comments in this topic

Members
15 posts
11,066 battles

In the anniversary event one can get a SC for every tier X played, so I mounted every xp boost flag and researched every tier X. (ofc I got nothing but camos, flags, free xp etc....

Here comes the problem, because I boosted the game process too fast, every time I open the game, I really feel there is nothing much to do

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles

Go for the legendary module grind.  the one thing legenday about it is the grind. Do any of the campaigns. 

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles

Play the game for fun.  I grind because I want to get the ships.  There are ships I would like to just play, but I feel that I am missing something if I don't grind the other lines and types of ships.  If I had all the T10s all of a sudden, I would then just pick my favorite ships and play to get better in them.  No pressure to gain XP.  Just play.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles
12 minutes ago, NoNoPanda430 said:

In the anniversary event one can get a SC for every tier X played, so I mounted every xp boost flag and researched every tier X. (ofc I got nothing but camos, flags, free xp etc....

Here comes the problem, because I boosted the game process too fast, every time I open the game, I really feel there is nothing much to do

more 19pt captains, competitive modes, collecting all the ships

[SIDE]
Members
1,256 posts
8,868 battles
7 minutes ago, NoNoPanda430 said:

Therein lies the problem. I have a friend that free xp's his way to every T10 ship. He claims he goes back and plays the ships he skipped through, yet he barely plays anymore. Doing that gives you nothing to look forward to and no sense of accomplishment.

Do I have a solution for you? Unfortunately not, other than completing the campaigns and grinding legendaries as another poster suggested. Maybe it's time to take a break from the game and find something else to do. That's what my friend is doing; maybe it's the right thing for you.

There is a lesson here; never be in a hurry to get to the destination. Just enjoy the ride. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

• Cool 5

Members
1,459 posts
12,339 battles

Ya get to this stage and now it is just for fun.  No “ I got to play this ship for the grind and daily win bonus”, No “ don’t have enough credits to buy or upgrade a ship”.  Play what you feel like, without grinding lines or credit concerns.  Sometimes like to just play my favorites, sometimes focus on a single tier or class, other times some boats have not played in awhile.  I have 113 different ships to play, enjoy mixing and matching 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,233 posts
12,772 battles

Have you considered actually playing the game for the game itself?

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles

Go play in Tier 1 Randoms. This is a cutthroat world where all you have is your guns and your guts, no gimmicks. People who think they're going down to seal-club and play as if they were in co-op will run up against players like @theLaalaa who have 4 million XP on their ships and 19 point captains that never left Tier 1, optimised accordingly. 

In short, the baby seals are in another matchmaking queue and the seals in Tier 1 randoms are armed and dangerous. The unwary get their heads handed to them on a dish. 

When you have done everything and ground everything, there is also no reason not to go down and play in co-op a lot, as nobody cares how many bots you murder and you've no more reason to care how few XP you get per battle. Pick the ships you once despised the most and learn how to excel in them.

That's the sort of thing I would do if, one day, WG were for some insane reason to gift me with everything.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,851 posts
11,564 battles

There is no 'end game'. You have all the t10s, but do you have good stats on all on them? A minimum battle count on every ship? All the special mods? All the emblems? you FXP'd go back and try some ships you skipped (the most fun sips are not at t10, lots of gems scattered about).

Or maybe, just play for the fun of playing the game an not some arbitrary goal.

But if you need benchmarks to accomplish, there are many more than just having t10s. 

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles

Let them rust in port and play the tiers that are actually fun.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,868 posts
10,655 battles
47 minutes ago, NoNoPanda430 said:

Well, I have all the T10 Cruisers and T10 BB's and 2 of the T10 DD's. So I still have some DD work to do (don't CV in current format). But, I am in a somewhat similar situation as I am a BB and Cruiser main and am just doing DD for a change of pace. 

For me I actually like playing the T10's as well or better than the rest of the ships in the line. I worked hard to get them and now I can just enjoy playing them. There is a reason they call it the "grind". Grinding isn't always fun. So just play and enjoy the T10's you worked for. You can also grind out the legendary mod's if you need a grind to focus on. You could also work on getting Yamamoto and Halsey if you don't already have them. BRN DD's will soon be out so you can grind to T10 Daring vs FXP'ing there and such.

Lots to do in the game outside of grinding to T10 not the least of which is just play for fun.

:Smile_honoring:

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles

Some just want to get to the big ships in a hurry.  The only upside to those ships is that you are always top tier.   As mentioned by a few in the posts above, just enjoy the ride.  It's why we play the game.   Players are in such a hurry to get to the next level that they forget to enjoy the game along the way.  Now that you have all the ships, enjoy the ones you want, anytime you want.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,156 battles

I mostly will save the T10s to support my Clan, learn the different play styles and so forth. Out of all the battles I have played, I am 75 games below 50% in randoms. It has taken a while to get to that point but I want to continue improving. There are also a few tech trees that have not yet been introduced, and so the OP still has T10s in the future to unlock. CV gameplay is about to change and no one really knows how that will finally appear. there are probably more rare Free XP ships coming, as well as ships for the 'other currencies'

(Steel is a sore point with me, but WG does not currently respond to my commands).  

[TDG]
Members
1,192 posts
6,030 battles

If you skipped ships while using Free XP to unlock the Tier Xs, go back and fill in the gaps.  As other have said, there are good ships in there.

I use Free XP to skip the stock grind, but I play through every ship.  (I skipped New York because I already had Texas.  I regretted this, and have gone back and picked her up.)   There is value in playing up through the tiers in learning how the ships and game mechanics work.

I track my performance in each ship, and when there is nothing else to do, I play my worst ship to figure out how to get the most from that ship.

Most of the time, there is a line to grind through.  (I think of it more as training and research.)  I don't have everything.  Other than CVs where I only have Tier 4 and 5, I have up to Tier 7 of all released Tech Trees.  (I have all four of the preview RN DDs, but I will start their grind from the bottom when the full tree is released.)

Finally, there is always room for developing captains.  If you rushed up the line, I bet you are short of 19-point captains.  Finishing the grind to 19 points will make for a good goal.  Then you can work on doing that for all nations and ship types.  That will take a bit of effort and some time.

Eventually, you will find the ships you most enjoy driving.  More time in them just for that time will be quite enjoyable.

If nothing spins your prop, (again as others have said) take a break.  When you return, things will appear fresher (and likely there will be the new and different).

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,665 posts
9,071 battles

Now you start playing the ships that you really enjoyed on the way up.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles

Pick random categories every time you play.

OK … Going for one battle in all the US BBs...…. going to play one battle in all prem ships tier 4 and under.... etc....

I do this every now and then just to break up the grind.

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
432 posts
5,471 battles

I look forward to putting 19 pt captains on the ships I enjoyed and pimping out a t1 with a 19 point capt 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
2 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

I look forward to putting 19 pt captains on the ships I enjoyed and pimping out a t1 with a 19 point capt 

There are people who worked up their 19 point captains entirely in T1, optimised for those ships from the very start. They are very scary to play against in Randoms.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,555 battles

This is why one should never FXP their way to tier 10. It removes the journey, to the destination that is tier 10. By removing the journey, you lose out on so much. There could have been a ship that could have been enjoyable, but you skipped it, and now going back to it, because there was no sense of accomplishment, there is no enjoyment.

As for me, I have ships that I enjoy playing, Akatsuki, and Minekaze. Two very fun ships, that I play when I get bored of high tier games. Doing high tier games, because of the campaign in which I can get the Shinonome, premium IJN DD.

I still have ship lines to grind, which some I have set for completion in 2019. USN Cruisers, both branches, to tier 10, all other lines to tier 5. From their, I'll see if I have enough time to get to tier 10 IJN BB (I already have permanent camo for Yamato). Having goals like this is what makes the game a bit more enjoyable. I don't mind FXPing my way past a ship, but I refuse to skip ships without playing them. Which is why I hope not to get any of the tech tree RN DDs early (though I wouldn't mind the tier 5, since tiers 2-4 isn't that long of a grind).

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,057 battles

I have 243 ships but haven't researched all the tier 10's yet I am currently working on 11 tier 9's a tier 8 and a tier 7. Then of course there is tyhe British DDs I will have to do. After I have all the ships I can relax and play the ships that I like the most. Will I feel like I finished the game when I have all the ships? Probably not.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

Once you own the ships, the real work begins: mastering them.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
1 hour ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Which is why I hope not to get any of the tech tree RN DDs early (though I wouldn't mind the tier 5, since tiers 2-4 isn't that long of a grind).

Resisting the temptation to put hands on when you have two of them already is difficult (and I received both of my unlock missions within three days of patch drop). It would be impossible for me if they were Tier VII-VIII and made getting the directives done just so much easier; the missions for those ships are hold-your-hand-out gimme stuff.

1 hour ago, Counter_Gambit said:

This is why one should never FXP their way to tier 10. It removes the journey, to the destination that is tier 10. By removing the journey, you lose out on so much.

Particularly with this new line, which has different considerations from all other destroyers due to the lack of speed boost and the nature of the smoke. I wasn't at all fussed about rushing straight into the Bretagne because the French battleships really weren't much of a radical departure from their colleagues at low to mid tiers.

But anyone who FXP's straight up to the top of the British DD line the instant it's released is IMO in for quite a shock, unless they are also a WG-CC or supertester who already knows the line backwards and just wants to get it all over with, because they're going to miss the important nuances of how to handle them from the start. Those people might conceivably get their backsides handed to them by competent DD and cruiser players, and will have nobody to blame but themselves because they mishandled their ships due to lack of familiarity with the line.

Much salt will flow, especially if they paid to convert the necessary FXP.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu